Act of Aggression against StarMade Moderators

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello everyone on StarMade forums,

Recently a large number of users including me have been banned from StarMade chat for reasons according to StarMade Moderators are "inexcusable". Many have been fed up with these actions, and it is time we finally take a stand. Most moderators in chat, like MrFURB, Warsong, and others, abuse their powers wrongly, and it is time to take action.

What usually happens in StarMade chat conflict is there are at least 3 aggressors, the victim, and at least one moderator. The situation usually occurs like this from start to finish (note: this is just an example):

• Victim: Here's my new ship!
    • Bully #1: That ship sucks lol
    • Victim: Why is that?
    • Bully #1: I can build so much better than that piece of shit
    • Victim: Hey I'm new to this ok? I'm just starting out.
    • Bully #2: lol newbie
    • Victim: I'm not a newbie!
    • Bully #3: You're a newbie if you made that ship.
    • Bully #1: Lol ikr
    • Victim: Just stop! I didn't do anything wrong! I was just posting my ship!
    • Bully #2: yea that no one likes you suck
    • Victim: I didn't know this chat was full of incompetent delinquents.
    • Bully #2: lol
    • Moderator: (Anonymous name) If you don't stop this I'm banning you.
    • Victim: I was only posting my ship and these guys are harassing me! Why would I be banned?
    • Moderator: For harassment against the community.
    • Victim: They're the ones harassing me!
    • Moderator: If you do it one more time I'm banning you.
    • Victim: Ban the other guys not me!
    • (Victim gets banned)
    • Moderator: Banned.
    • Bully #2: lol finally

I've seen this happen on many occasions including ones I've been in. Now recently, Krosulhah, Leanson, Ridik, even Mjjj have been banned probably from a similar way as above. The moderators are not doing their jobs. They're making the StarMade forums look like a bad community, heck I bet it already is bad! The moderators must follow their own rules appropriately and assist the victim instead of assisting the aggressors. They make the community unhealthy and a pure example of cyberbullying. Next time this happens, moderators must say "This better stop. Leave (Victim's name) alone or else I won't hesitate to ban." or "You can either take this to private chat or both of you will be banned."

Stand with me if you agree.

~ObiShawnKenobi

Commander-in-Chief

Rebel Alliance

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is outrageous. Whatever idiots are running this forum should be punished. Moderators are also appointing other moderators who are their friends! Stop this injustice and make Star-Made a user friendly place! I second this motion.

Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I\'m pretty sure this was resolved last night

I believe warsong is no longer a moderator

Mod edit: Yes he is, stop spreading false rumors.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Here we go....

First of all, WarSong is still a moderator. So am I, and all the others. Platinum\'s just being silly as usual.

Second, that example log isn\'t quite how it works. In a case like that, we probably would act against the \"bully\" for sure. If, for example, the \"victim\" starts yelling, trying to piss others off, starting flamewars, et cetera, then we act against them primarily. This is what happened in the case of Kro.

Obi, why do you constantly spread false information and try to get people riled up? Honestly, you\'re not too far from a forum ban as well as chat.

Reaction score
    Ur just doing this because you got banned and you can\'t take it take the forum down or mods will

mou

Reaction score
    They are banning wrong people all the time

this is happening in every video games, this is what happend when you give some power to normal people:

- they underestimate it, and abuse it

dont underestimate the ban power, it can kill an entire community with only one dumb admin

We are not the only one who complain about admins: http://star-made.org/content/hey-guys-im-mrnature72

Reaction score
    fire you just dont want to lose your power and everyone else doesnt want to risik getting banned as well man up and fight for better moderators

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    @fire219: Might as well ban both if they were \"yelling\" in chat. I rarely see you step in appropriately,

@leoman: You seem to be more dense than expected.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    First off FURB never messes up. He rarely bans. The thing is mods are focusing on the wrong topics. If all public chat is involved in a discussion you shouldnt stop it like War did last night. If mods want to make the Chat safer they should focus on the pervert trouble that occurs where ppl talk about inappropriate things that makes me concerned about telling my friends to come to the site.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Mmm. Misinformation is present on both sides. A temporary ban isn\'t always meant as a punishment, rather as a way of defusing a situation where the victim has gone on the sharp defensive against neutral and supportive parties.

Similarly, a moderator mustn\'t forbid people to talk about a subject, because they themselves are opposed against, or irritated by the subject.

A moderator\'s job is to moderate. To prevent harsh conflict, and neutralize it, if it shows its nose.

Our job as players, is it, to make the moderator\'s job as easy as possible, by minimizing conflict and trying to get along with each other.

If both sides do this, those that truly ignore these simple things, will stand out and be dealt with accordingly. There\'s no need to make anything a grand issue, or spectacle. No need to further push conflict on people.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We do sometimes ban both parties. Depends on the situation.

And we rarely do permanent bans. In fact, every single person you used as an example was unbanned very soon after they were banned. Stop spewing crap about something you don\'t know anything about.

Reaction score
    Please stop. If you feel the need to say things like this, please take a screenshot to prove what was happening. When I was on chat and you showed up, you were being annoying and harassing people, and claiming to be drunk. Please stop acting like you are the victim, you are the one who gets yourself into situations like THEESE.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Legolas, you seem to be in the wrong here. I\'m not defending myself. I\'m defending all those who dealt with it. Normally, we are forced into these type of situations. My friend and I just did a short, unharming rant on chat to see how the mods reacted, and we didn\'t really care about getting banned. I\'m doing this for the greater of good for not me, but the community.

Reaction score
    but the mods have already explained themselves, and the people were unbanned, I don\'t really see what the issue is

Reaction score
    it was a temp ban but still i was banned for saying 666.5 twice