A New "Wave" [Pirate Ship Community Contest]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ... Did they give a reason for not approving it? Did you put something evil in there? :eek:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ... Did they give a reason for not approving it? Did you put something evil in there? :eek:
    It simply just takes a bit of time, if an uploader is in a hurry to wanting his C&C approved he can ask a mod in a nicely tone

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    When I checked yesterday the savage worlds website was down, and Mal apparently was last active on 19th April, so either that's a blow out or there's just some real life getting in the way for now. Either way, I enjoyed taking part and it made me upload some community content, and download some col pirate ships from other people, so I'm not complaining. :)

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    their enjin is down because they ran out of premium days
    sooooo
    Either they let the server die or they are busy with real life stuff.
    Wouldn't suprise me if they are busy with school exams or maybe work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    their enjin is down because they ran out of premium days
    sooooo
    Either they let the server die or they are busy with real life stuff.
    Wouldn't suprise me if they are busy with school exams or maybe work.
    It is getting close to finals, and state standard testing is happening around now. Probably just a result of poor planning with dates around finals time.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    It is getting close to finals, and state standard testing is happening around now. Probably just a result of poor planning with dates around finals time.
    Yup. Life can get crazy really fast sometimes and take us by surprise. Even if there is no prize/judging, It was a fun challenge and I had a lot of fun building the ships. :)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Why should it be over? :p
    ^ this, say it comes and goes in a way it is always active in some manner. Even if winners are announced we could have the winners suggest a new theme or we just go from one contest to the next and keep the ball rolling. We get winners from one round and just go smoothly onto the next round and get more winners. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It's only a few months old, dude. relax. And why not?
    As long as you didnt just necro it to use an emoj im fine with it ha ha. Just seemed a bit random.
    Community challenges are always great!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I feel like the creators almost never finish with the judging though which is always sad.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I downloaded some of the other entries and I have to say, though I think my little vampires were pretty as a peach, some of the pther entries really rocked and deserved a win. Sad for them they didn't get it, but if you're pining for a contest, why not just start a new contest thread with no prize?

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I wouldnt mind helping with setting up a contest at some point
    I should still have a few humblebundle keys that can be used as prizes

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Why should it be over? :p
    Because the person that made the challenge disapeared, it's not like we have control over whether it should be over or not and just decided "this should be over"...

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    We could start a continuous version of it with nothing other than pride and whatever people want to offer on the line for prizes, mostly just gamer/builder pride though. Announce winners for a particular round every so often and let people build on their pirates to their heart's content.

Say for example we could use the rules here plus or minus so additional ones to spice things up. Keeping it simple with the option to go crazy sounds like a fun thing to do. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I wouldnt mind helping with setting up a contest at some point
    I should still have a few humblebundle keys that can be used as prizes
    I nominate Nauvran to start a 'new' such competition. He of course would be free to involve others and also to delegate to himself a less leaderish role once he gets the ball rolling, should he so choose (and assuming he finds someone else to assume the role). I also suggest he start a new thread, perhaps with a link back to this one. Also, if this competition was never properly judged, the first order of business after laying out the 'rules' for the new competition (so people can get started with ship designs) aught to be judging the submissions of this competition, with a prize awarded to the winner.

With regard to prizes, I don't think that cash prizes or anything like that is particularly motivational given the time it takes to build and the plethora of people who might compete. Bragging rights is by far the best prize. What I would suggest is a badge for a prize, something called perhaps "Pirate Extraordinaire", a badge that could only be earned by winning such a competition.

I would prefer a competition that did not require five different designs, but perhaps I fail to appreciate some detail that leads to the necessity. I was also slightly perturbed upon reading the OP's description, that my own recent pirate design is not, according to him, a fighter but rather a corvette. My pirate does not look like a corvette, it does not fly like a corvette. It is a fighter, albeit a heavy fighter.

Last edited: