A History of Factions

Reaction score
    Yeah. It nerfed the crap out of the Athena swarmer silos. Dropped to 1/3 the damage they used to do. Kind of sad since that was its primary role as a soloing ship

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Yeah. It nerfed the crap out of the Athena swarmer silos. Dropped to 1/3 the damage they used to do. Kind of sad since that was its primary role as a soloing ship
    We used an array of 97x cannon-pulse-punch guns on the Ordinator, ourselves. Used to blow clean through any size ship you'd like with a nice 11x11 non-checkerboard hole. I used it for core sniping at long ranges.

Upscaled that pattern and made the cannon lengths uniform. Red lights indicate an output.

In any case, yeah, glad we got that one cleared up.

Reactions: Lecic

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Guys, about the document, let's just place important happenings like faction vs faction relevant battles or history-changing facts. This is not a complete diary, ya know.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    July 22nd 2012- the Debrisian Federal Navy (DFN) was founded.

October 3rd 2012- The DFN enters a long, heated conflict with the Starmadian Galactic Navy (SGN). It continues for just over a year.

October 8th, 2013- The conflict between the SGN and DFN ends with the most comprehensive treaty in the history of the Starmade community,, and the forums are at peace for a little under a month. (Reference- http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/treaty-between-sr-dfn-gr-usf-fs-saturn-ba-uei-de-ra-and-uaf)

October 27th 2013- After weeks of small, isolated skirmishes, the Vaygr Empire launches a direct attack on the DFN homebase on NASS main at two in the morning, catching the two DFN members online at the time off guard. This kicks off one of the largest, most all-encompassing wars in the history of the Starmade community, which still technically continues to this day, three years later. This conflict, when looked at objectively, is a real life example of an immovable object meeting an unstoppable force.

November 9th 2013- The first conflict between the Vaygr and DFN ends with a battle consisting of two teams of fifteen players each. The results were inconclusive as the servers at the time could not handle the activity and player count.

November 11th 2013- A white peace is agreed upon by both parties. Vaygr goes back on their agreement and declares a victory, which is heavily debated by the community at the time. The divides caused by this war and its aftermath have defined the faction political landscape to this day.

November 14th 2013- The DFN decides to move to Illusive to be closer to the UAF capital and the other UAF factions in the event of another war.

November 15th 2013- The DFN partners with the CR in defense against a number of player-pirates and mercenaries bent on taking out both factions.

December 6th 2013- Bradley (42828) betrays the DFN and steals Ithaca Base. The base defenses, still under DFN control, fire on the station center, spawnkilling him repeatedly until two DFN cruisers arrive and retake the base as the pilots and three crew members enter the main superstructure and recapture it from Bradley and one of his accomplices. This is the only known instance of astronaut PvP being used in actual combat to date. Bradley escapes with a stolen DFN light cruiser and somehow also got his hands on a TE heavy cruiser as well. He is beaten back and never sees the light of day again.

December 16th 2013- The DFMC (Debrisian Federal Marine Corps) is founded. It ends up being a miserable failure and is rarely mentioned by those involved.

December 28th 2013- The Brotherhood falls after battle plans against the DFN are are leaked to DFN high command within five minutes of their drafting. The final Brotherhood faction quits the alliance on January 4th, 2014.

January 7th 2014- A DFN operative steals a Vaygr frigate. A minor skirmish ensues, where a Vaygr pilot is killed by a DFMC base defense turret. The DFMC had previously docked or cleared their space of any ships, expecting an attack on a Vaygr dominated server.

February 9th 2014- The DFN begins direct assaults on the homebases of Illusive player-pirates after the CR falls. Results are overwhelmingly positive, and Illusive is pacified from February 13th onward until its second iteration. The raids on the 13th also signify the only time a single DFN member has crashed a major server on their own.

March 13th 2014- The first time the DFN entered into a conflict under its own will, a DFN strike force deployed to the second iteration of Illusive and set up a base equipped with the new heavy Medusa turrets. Thanks to their dual-computer design, the Medusas served as the mainline DFN and later NFD base defense up until the late ElwynEternity era.

March 15th 2014- DFN forces open fire on a Euro-Corp base and an Omega Corporation base alongside Lazarus Imperium and other Athanatos forces, starting another war. Four DFN titans eventually enter the fray, leveling Odium Pact assets as they went. This is the first major war the DFN took part in where it sustained no casualties.

March 18th 2014- The Athanatos Concord is officially founded, and the DFN is one of the founding factions. It battles the Odium Pact on Illusive until the server shuts down.

September 2nd 2014- The DFN reforms under the name Nova Fleet Dynamics, as part of a push to restructure itself as a build-oriented faction. All blueprints are released publicly, to high acclaim among the community.

September 3rd 2014- After the newly formed NFD declares victory over the Odium forces on Illusive after the collapse of two Odium factions. The remaining Odium members flame on the page, which is cleaned up by a moderator soon after.

October 20th 2014- The NFD founds a presence on ElwynEternity.

October 26th 2014- A war games between the NFD and CR ends in war when the TE shows up after being invited. The CR members do not realize that the TE is taking part when their ships join the war games on the NFD side.

October 29th 2014- The NFD engages the SWARM in a brief series of battles leaving the SWARM resources around their HQ in ruins and a SWARM destroyer stolen.

November 2nd 2014- Due to a complication with personal enemies, two CR cruisers on a peaceful mission warped to the NFD homebase and were immediately gunned down by the base defenses. One cruiser suffered catastrophic damage while the other escaped with 2% shields as its jump drive was already primed. The event is disregarded as a nonissue by both factions.

November 6th 2014- The NFD server officially opens. To this day, it is the most popular build server in the entire community.

November 10th 2014- ElwynEternity resets, and the NFD has its homebase spawned in. However, the docked entities are lost and the faction is left to essentially start over.

November 11th 2014-January 1st 2015- Massive recruitment influx, nearly doubling the size of the NFD.

December 1st 2014- Commander FlyingDebris takes a hiatus from Starmade, returning a few months later to resume command of the faction*

*He is still technically not an NFD member, but handles most of the ingame organization on public servers.

December 21st 2014- The NFD is invited to help draft the charter for the United Elwyn Factions, and becomes a founding member.

March 6th 2015- Odium forces use a server glitch to grief the unmanned and undefended homebase of the NFD on ElwynEternity. This is the last successful strike Vaygr has delivered to the NFD as of 6/6/2015. The NFD had the opportunity to do likewise after finding out about the attack, but refrained from doing so because of their belief that the action of destroying a homebase is unfair.

May 30th 2015- A CR frigate is stolen by someone claiming to be NFD. The ensuing situation is very awkward for both parties, as they are technically at war however no one knew who had impersonated NFD leader Creeper__God.

June 2nd 2015- The NFD signs a peace agreement with the CR. Operations on Shattered Skies come to a halt as there is no point for NFD forces to remain on the server.

Modern Day.

The NFD is one of the oldest factions in Starmade, and has existed longer than some real-world nations. Its conflict against the same enemy throughout all these years which is only now starting to draw to a close has lasted longer than some real life wars which started about the same time. The faction has not, is not, and never will bend to the will of those who wish to do it harm. It has survived war after war and came out fighting, even if not always on top. It will continue to exist so long as this community does, and maybe even longer.
    You need to mention the reason why FD in December took a break, which was a war with odium that cause FD to quit for a time, as creeper declared that he lost to end hostilities.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ahh, thanks for the correction. I remember him being in a slightly smaller ship than yours. I guess I was using scout as a reference in size comparison. I could have swore neon died, however deaths and names aren't that important only ship losses. Either way it was a pretty fun engagement with yall being sneaky.
    Pretty sure I was the only one that died in that engagement, thanks to the [redacted] waffen turret.

Reaction score
    I think for the integrity of historical events we should name key battles instead of skirmishes like the ones between TM and Odium. I.E

Battle of Tardesh 1201 (month and day). AA > EA

War of Gaelet 0115 CR = AA (TIE,DRAW)

It names the key battle who was involved and the date and who won using the greater sign towards the victor. Leave the back story like how many ships died and how the battle happened to a factions personal history for them to tell. But do tell the truth on your losses to your members as a way to remember the fallen. If we fill that history with the details of every battle it will be incomprehensible.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    you mean the golf driver?
    Yep, that's one xD

Edit: Holy shit that's similar to the new one, I can't get the image out of my head now.

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You need to mention the reason why FD in December took a break, which was a war with odium that cause FD to quit for a time, as creeper declared that he lost to end hostilities.
    Oh, don't get it in your head that you're that important. I took a break because I played this game way too much. (Up until 2AM collecting resources, not a good habit when you have to wake up at 6.) As for creeper's surrendering, he did it (against my EXPLICIT orders) because he was tired of you guys' bullshit on the forums.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Its really funny that in every thread that is related to factions there will always be a fight for a random reason.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh, don't get it in your head that you're that important. I took a break because I played this game way too much. (Up until 2AM collecting resources, not a good habit when you have to wake up at 6.) As for creeper's surrendering, he did it (against my EXPLICIT orders) because he was tired of you guys' bullshit on the forums.
    Important.. no. I'm being accurate. I don't leave stuff out on purpose because it makes me look bad. I'm not getting a big head, but that conflict occurred when FD, threatened to get SF and other factions against CR if we joined a fight with TE vs AA.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Guys, about the document, let's just place important happenings like faction vs faction relevant battles or history-changing facts. This is not a complete diary, ya know.
    Seconded. If you want a document to store your personal faction history, well, make it. If it doesn't do much to effect factions as a whole, it probably shouldn't be on here. For example- aceface, while your retelling of a pistol duel between your alt and a hijacker in a ship flying through space at 100m/s is interesting, it didn't really do much to change how factions as a whole worked.

The document is for the creation of factions, battles between factions, important events (such as blood and steel, the starting of a new server age, website changes, etc), massive changes within a faction, and the death of a faction.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    just play on weekends, works good for me :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Reminder to keep the arguments out of this thread, guys. If you want to argue about an event, take it to PM, or argue about it on the document, where I can easily remove it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The whole nass history is all jacked up
    If you see something that's wrong, fix it. That's what suggestions are for.

This applies to everyone, by the way.

Reaction score
    If you see something that's wrong, fix it. That's what suggestions are for.

This applies to everyone, by the way.
    Got it, kind of hard to fix it however when people keep messing it up. I think ill make my own without him.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Got it, kind of hard to fix it however when people keep messing it up. I think ill make my own without him.

Conflicting information nullifies itself.
    Screenshot evidence is evidence of an event taking place at a given location or with a given minimum number of ships of estimated sizes, but further information is all word of mouth, which cannot be trusted if there is a conflict of interest between squabbling parties.

For full accuracy, we're removing conflicting explanations of a situation and boiling it down to something along the lines of "Faction A had a skirmish/battle/etc. with Faction B", or whatever. Any information that both parties of a conflict can confirm together may be added to the barebones event description.