A History of Factions

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Both Vaygr and the DFN agreed to a white peace, and neither faction was anywhere near out of resources. The DFN homebase was respawned the day after you buildblocked it, with nothing lost. It was only after we had begun building up on Illusive to be closer to the rest of the UAF that you reneged on your declaration of peace and claimed that you won, to much debate among the community.
    Well "we" did loose the undocked ships that was around the planet, the old HODT for example was buildblocked to pieces.
    At least something good came out of it :P

Reaction score
    Both Vaygr and the DFN agreed to a white peace, and neither faction was anywhere near out of resources. The DFN homebase was respawned the day after you buildblocked it, with nothing lost. It was only after we had begun building up on Illusive to be closer to the rest of the UAF that you reneged on your declaration of peace and claimed that you won, to much debate among the community.
    "Nothing was lost" I remember you flaming endlessly for months after we did it, why would you act that way if you had it replaced? That doesn't make any sense.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    "Nothing was lost" I remember you flaming endlessly for months after we did it, why would you act that way if you had it replaced? That doesn't make any sense.
    The 'flaming' was referencing the incident when discussing the morality of destroying a faction's homebase. Then again, you "don't need to check your sources" as you said earlier and must obviously be right.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The 'flaming' was referencing the incident when discussing the morality of destroying a faction's homebase. Then again, you "don't need to check your sources" as you said earlier and must obviously be right.
    The planet was replaced as I remembered, however I didn't really help you as you were still forced to withdraw all assets from NASS after you lost that showdown and suffered ultimate defeat.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You people never stopped arguing do you.
    Honestly I'm kind of disappointed that you all can't find the maturity to collaboratively put together a history of the factions with out bickering and bitching about who won what battle and who came out on top.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Umm Who wants to add the whole News Network Fad I started :p

P.S. Don't start arguing over it just add the fact that they existed and mine was the first and also "criticized" due to controversial topics (much like whats happening now I see >_>)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Umm Who wants to add the whole News Network Fad I started :p

P.S. Don't start arguing over it just add the fact that they existed and mine was the first and also "criticized" due to controversial topics (much like whats happening now I see >_>)
    Who wants to add it? Well, you, clearly. Anyone can put things on it. Go do it if you want it on there.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So.. this is the place where they store the old flame wars, eh? That's nice to know.
    Seriously, I like the idea, but there was never a universe where this did not result in bickering.

Reactions: Unnamed25

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I wish this didn't need to be said, but don't put things like "both sides were douchebags and it was a total shitfest" on this. Especially anonymously. If you're going to be a tool, at least have the balls to do it publicly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I wish this didn't need to be said, but don't put things like "both sides were douchebags and it was a total shitfest" on this. Especially anonymously. If you're going to be a tool, at least have the balls to do it publicly.
    Who are you responding to?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Who are you responding to?
    Whoever put that on. Like I said, they did it anonymously. Do I have an idea of who did it? Yes. Am I going to say it? No, I'm just going to let the coward think about what they've done in private.

I've since removed the lines, of course. That kind of stuff shouldn't be on the doc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Whoever put that on. Like I said, they did it anonymously. Do I have an idea of who did it? Yes. Am I going to say it? No, I'm just going to let the coward think about what they've done in private.

I've since removed the lines, of course. That kind of stuff shouldn't be on the doc.
    Oh, it was on the doc itself. Yeah, that isn't ok.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, I didn't read half of these comments (not that I really want to, I just found out this existed), but I want to say so far that your information in the beginning is way off. Let me clarify a few things with the major fations and wars:

In February 2012, MrFURB made StarMade's first successful faction (it began with a B, I forget.)

Nothing happened for a year.

In March 2013, Galaxy Rangers was created (might be earlier, idk)

In April 2013, Arstotzkan Empire was created.

On June 19th, 2013, the Yogstorm came, with a birth of a lot of new factions.

On July 3rd, 2013, the Rebel Alliance and the U.G.S.C. were created.

Two weeks later, more factions were formed: the NLR, the DFN, UEF, and the AMSC, StarMade's first bounty-hunter faction.

On July 26th, 2013, Heirarch forms the United Alliance of Factions (UAF) consisting of seven factions, and the Rebel Alliance being the "head faction" for its large amount of members.

Sometime in August, the Brotherhood was formed, and eventually in September had seven factions including the Vaygr Empire and SATURN Shipyards.

Now, let me explain about StarMade's "first war" (excluding the Galaxy Rangers and Artotzka) which was really StarMade's first flame war: The Starmadian Galactic War:
    In the month of August, Trollerbobman was involved with the Rebel Alliance. During his time in the RA, members were harassing him about his behavior, and also kept taunting him, calling him "le janitor". He was punished a couple of times and was banned from the server for a week. Then, Trollerbobman teamed up with Biostrakk110, also a member of the RA, and destroyed the RA's home base on Obis private server. Shortly after, they defected from the RA and created their own faction: the Starmadian Galactic Navy on Sept. 1st, 2013. The SGN then allied with the Brotherhood, and declared war on the RA, which caused both all of UAF and the Brotherhood to step in. There were one or two attacks, everything was mostly flames (half the reason why the original DFN thread had so many pages). On Oct. 8th, 2013, FlyingDebris set up a peace treaty ending the flames, and the SGN changed its name to the Starmadian Republic.

During October and November, there were a couple of Vaygr wars. The Tartaran Empire was created in the second one, followed by the Calderon Republic and the Lazarus Imperium.

Then in December, another individual betrayed the RA and the DFN: Bradley, or infamously known as 42828. He sabotaged both of their bases, teamed up with Spaztech Industries, and began the Mutiny War. It actually had more action, just not as much compared to the flames. During the war, after ridik_ulass formed the Odium Pact, and the RA and the Odium were in constant battle (flames of course). There was nothing but spies. There was no one to be trusted. In around February, the RA "disbanded", but came back again to find ther plan foiled, then disbanded again for good on June 28th, 2014.

I think in March 2014 the UAF disbanded, but I'm not entirely sure.

That's all I can remember or feel like typing at this point.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    In February 2012, MrFURB made StarMade's first successful faction (it began with a B, I forget.)
    Wait a sec, I don't have that honor. When a friend had recommended Starmade to me and I was looking around at the forums for the first time, Galaxy Rangers was already there. Maybe not the thread you are using for the date, but the name and group is still technically the first. And the faction name was Blitzwing, but it was just me and a few friends, nothing as complicated as major factions today.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wait a sec, I don't have that honor. When a friend had recommended Starmade to me and I was looking around at the forums for the first time, Galaxy Rangers was already there. Maybe not the thread you are using for the date, but the name and group is still technically the first. And the faction name was Blitzwing, but it was just me and a few friends, nothing as complicated as major factions today.
    Ah, sorry. I'm not too familiar with what happened before the Yogstorm. Thanks for the clarification.