Bug A Few Crew Bugs

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Sure, crew are going to be getting an update in the future and are already kinda glitchy, but these three things really need to be fixed so that we can use them for the meantime.

The first problem is that crew cannot be named, when buying a crew member from the shopkeeper the naming window never appears, not behind the dialogue window or after you close it.

And the second problem being crew members do not enter the gravity of a ship (and possibly structures too) when they go through an area detector, even if the detector works for players. This makes is almost impossible to transport crew as they glitch through flying ships that don't move at a snail's pace.

Hopefully these problems can be looked at quite soon, I would really like to be able to transport some crew members onto my planet in single player to use as citizens. :confused:

Thank you for your time,
    kiddan~

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    that "crew" that you can now "buy" in the shops was in the game for over a year now and should have very little do to with future updates :P
    they will do a total overhaul of that thing,dont worry

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I don't think we will be updating the old system. The current system may be built upon or entirely replaced. Depends on what Schema can use from that system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    what I've noticed is when I buy a npc and try to get them to stay in my ship if I fly to fast they derp out of the ship,but when I get back to my homebase and exit to desktop the next time I log in tada! there is my npc,they don't do much, more like a decorative object .

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    you are not supposed to use them right now,they are just placeholders if we can even call them that

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    fairly sure you name then by pressing R on them and opening their dialog. I distinctly remember giving them weird derpy names like "Cmdr Killmeoff [Lv2" just to screw with noobs.