[64x64] DirtySpace

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Crystals and lights need some major work, I'll agree to that. Though, I built a test ship with those textures and they seemed... decent? Subpar at least hehe. I personally would have gone with solid colors to please those who use them for thruster effects (Like I do) but I need to keep things available for all build styles.

Any suggestions?
    A shallower bevel and i think it will fit right in. The colour is good (and unavoidable really), i's gunna be bright, it's gunna be icy. It just happens to be sat next to a sheet of orange and red textures which makes it really stand out.

The bevels and raised sections on most of your ship blocks look to be 1 or 2 pixels deep, it's quite a jump in 'fake depth' from them to the crystal. Thats my only thought, they look good!

Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    So is this still being worked on? I really love it, and would hate to see it die. It is exactly the style I want to play with.

Also, what happened to the download?

Reaction score
    So is this still being worked on? I really love it, and would hate to see it die. It is exactly the style I want to play with.

Also, what happened to the download?
    I had the download taken down because I'm aiming for fresh release. (Kinda nitpicky but a mod agreed to do it).

I hope to get a mostly finished version out ASAP. After that, I'll support releases for as long as I can. Glad you like my progress so far :D

Reaction score
    I had the download taken down because I'm aiming for fresh release. (Kinda nitpicky but a mod agreed to do it).

I hope to get a mostly finished version out ASAP. After that, I'll support releases for as long as I can. Glad you like my progress so far :D
    Sweet. I was trying to scrap together a more up-to-date version using the old stuff I downloaded a while ago, but there is only so much that I could do. XD

By chance, will the new fresh release include proper block icons?

Reaction score
    Just another small update of what I've been doing.

Color correction/replacement. The left is what was before. The right is what it is now. I noticed I started getting better about cohesiveness as I've worked on this all these months so I had to go back and update things pixel by pixel. Overall, the pack is darker and holds more contrast. The clarity is much better. It's what has taken a lot of my time, making sure every block works with every other block. Besides that, I've recently started on:

Weapons and effects modules! Finally the pew pews can get the much needed reworking that they deserve. These are still WIP as I finished only these four today. Not sure what the top-right one is but I love the way it turned out. May need more glowy bits. Anyways, thanks for being patient with me, the show must go on!

*poof*

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    More on the subject of weapons. Today's addition is the Missile Tube. Always fun when I can reuse textures :D

EDIT: More stuff. Decided make some changes. Bottom two are Push Pulse and Damage Pulse. I like to think that's copper. The Damage Pulse has obviously been in some battles, due to the copious paint chipping. ;)

Thanks ltmauve for the suggestion. ^_^

-Azurite

Damage pulse?
    That or use that for the utilities with a bunch of colorshifts on the glowy bits..
    Considered that. I also considered just making it the canon. Will have to decide soon enough ^_^

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Loving that missile tube. The faces will look really good in an array, like a missile salvo.

Reaction score
    Alright! Useless diagram time! Most weapons/support are done except Shield Drain and Shield Supply beams. I ran out of idea juice tonight but still wanted to show all the pew pews in one picture. (I feel like I'm image spamming but it's my thread so shush, you ;).)

Debating whether to release the unfinished pack for people to use (like last time) or to tough it out and just complete it first. Feel free to share your thoughts on this. It's up to you guys!

-Azurite

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Alright! Useless diagram time! Most weapons/support are done except Shield Drain and Shield Supply beams. I ran out of idea juice tonight but still wanted to show all the pew pews in one picture. (I feel like I'm image spamming but it's my thread so shush, you ;).)

Debating whether to release the unfinished pack for people to use (like last time) or to tough it out and just complete it first. Feel free to share your thoughts on this. It's up to you guys!

-Azurite
    I do believe, it would be better to complete it first.

Also; Normal maps would make this pack so infinitely awesome. I will not stop staring at ya until I see ALL THE depth in this! :u

Reaction score
    "Por que no las dos?" (Why not both?)

I've been piecing together things to make something remotely usable, so I am no stranger to incomplete things. I am all for an incomplete release!

Reaction score
    I do believe, it would be better to complete it first.

Also; Normal maps would make this pack so infinitely awesome. I will not stop staring at ya until I see ALL THE depth in this! :u
    Probably won't start looking into Normal Map support until most or all the textures are completed. It is on my list of things to do though :D

"Por que no las dos?" (Why not both?)

I've been piecing together things to make something remotely usable, so I am no stranger to incomplete things. I am all for an incomplete release!
    It's hard to give an exact date on when the first version will be done. I can guarantee it will be after the Universe Update ships, just to stay as up to date with things as possible. Then there is the question of whether or not I will make a GUI skin before the rumored GUI Redux comes. To answer your last question, yes, I will be including correct block icons with the pack :D

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    It's hard to give an exact date on when the first version will be done. I can guarantee it will be after the Universe Update ships, just to stay as up to date with things as possible. Then there is the question of whether or not I will make a GUI skin before the rumored GUI Redux comes. To answer your last question, yes, I will be including correct block icons with the pack :D
    Whichever you choose to do. Since you are doing this pack out of your own free time, it would just be dickish to demand anything. So whenever you decide to release anything, I will be eagerly awaiting.

Reaction score
    Some will be happy about this. Probably belongs in a separate thread but here's a little peek.
    -Azurite

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Sneaky Azu did indeed. The only difference in the image is that the new one doesn't have the view screen. (The HUD still has it, just not in the shown image). I just added more detail and wanted to show that off... in the same post. :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2

-Azurite
    Would it be possible to make the back ends more connected to the weapon type instead of just a geniric back texture?