The loading of the game environment has been increased significantly, because multiple parts of the world can now be loaded from the server at once instead of having to wait for each segment. More information about this update is in
    I Added an automatic Crash & Bug Report Tool, that let's the player (if he chooses to) automatically submit his log filed, Graphic Card information, Java Verson, and OS version with one click. This Information will only be used to fix bugs in StarMade and will never go to a third person.

    Also, the Launcher now version 2: I Fixed a bug where after installing a new Version, the launcher would still say, that there is a new Version available

    And there is a little change in balancing: Batteries (PowerGenerators) now will recharge much faster. It's now exponential instead of linear times the size of the grouped Battery Elements
    StarMade now has it's own Updater. It will automatically track the current version of your StarMade installation, and you can update to the newest Version in one Click. It will also back up your current installation so you won't be in danger of losing any of your StarSade data

    The Updater also serves as a universal launcher, so the specific Windows, Mac and Linux startup scripts are no longer needed. This is a relief especially for mac users, who had a hard time starting up the game.
    lag issues and bugs fixed: This major network protocol update finally gets rid of lagging caused by players with high pings and the bugs and lags when more people are on one server. It also improves the performance of the Server, since the server has to deal with a lot less (falsely sent) updates.

    I hope it now runs smoothly even for higher ping connections. There still might be one or two bugs that come with the server update, but they are very easy to fix once identified.
    The new version gets rid of a LOT of wasted bandwidth which has been used mainly for debugging purpose. Servers will now be able to take a multiple of the load they could before. I will further increase the performance in later versions by using the faster but not reliable UDP in combination with the already implemented TCP (I know, that 'you're not supposed to do that', but in my opinion it's the best solution for my case. Discuss at the forum)

    The reddit playdate yesterday was a lot of fun! Also, it showed me a lot of new bugs (some of them already fixed) as well as some UI and balancing issues. Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope to do it again soon when all the issues are fixed