ZimmTech: Pirate Fleet Competition [Awards Announced]

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Fifth pirate done. I am going to hold off on posting the complete pack until close to the last minute (unless otherwise asked), because I might want to go in and tweak some things, such as making all of them have a functioning jump inhibitor system.

The actual look of the fighter really was entirely due to me using a certain technique to get four power lines optimally extending into an XYZ square. I'd already used the other possible methods in other designs, and this last method was the one I had not yet used. It is entirely coincidental that it creates a shape extremely reminiscent of a Tie Fighter, so much so that this IS the Starmade version of it (in my mind).

Reactions: jzimmerman4
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've been renovating my old pirate corvette from 2+ years ago and barely got it to 599.9 xD

So close!

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Fifth pirate done. I am going to hold off on posting the complete pack until close to the last minute (unless otherwise asked), because I might want to go in and tweak some things, such as making all of them have a functioning jump inhibitor system.

The actual look of the fighter really was entirely due to me using a certain technique to get four power lines optimally extending into an XYZ square. I'd already used the other possible methods in other designs, and this last method was the one I had not yet used. It is entirely coincidental that it creates a shape extremely reminiscent of a Tie Fighter, so much so that this IS the Starmade version of it (in my mind).
    I was wondering why this design. So, how well does this power system work? If you enable self damage, your turrets would shred those things.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I was wondering why this design. So, how well does this power system work? If you enable self damage, your turrets would shred those things.
    For very small ships, at least with me their shape is largely defined by their power system structure. All of my pirates are the same, in that their shape is the result of the power structure they used. Were I to use the same sort of power structure to create a different pirate, I would wind up not with a different pirate, but the same pirate. This power structure was the only one I had not used, short of an actual cube. I am pretty sure a cube ship would get tossed out on it's ass here. ;-)

This structure is the result of having four separate power lines that each travel from one corner of a box to the opposite corner, so as to extend to the maximum in all three of the XYZ directions. To do this, they twist around one another in the central hub. This power system generates a couple hundred thousand power inside of a very small dimension. (It could generate a lot more if the dimensions were larger, but then it wouldn't be a fighter...)

It is true that a stupid AI would shoot at itself and the game defaults to stupid AIs damaging themselves (which I think is stupid). However even for those who have not disabled this idiocy in their game config, point defense turrets do very little actual structural damage to ship blocks. It takes only one point of damage to destroy a missile and that is what these turrets hit for, albeit ten times a second. Even without shields, it would take sustained concentrated fire from one of these turrets to destroy even a single block on the ship and that would require for it's shields to be down. This ship has very good shields for it's mass, and if it's shields are down, it has much bigger problems than the pittance of damage that might result from the AI idiotically shooting at itself with one of these turrets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    starmade-screenshot-0036.png
    Pirate Looter. The Loot Hauler and makeshift mobile base of the pirates. A bit heavy but not to powerful. Rounds out the set with ion rockets.

Reactions: jzimmerman4
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I ended up making another 2 craft for the pirates making the total 7 now. Is it against the rules to have more than 5?

Pirate Locust Drone
    View attachment 16482

Pirate Wrecker (Salvager)
    View attachment 16483
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443804033,1443802610][/DOUBLEPOST]Final contest submission.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/zimmtech-piratefleet-colonel-sheppard.3442/
    Only 5 will be judged so when you make your submission just throw your 5 favorite into the same download and I will use those.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Only a little more than a week left before judging starts so make sure to get your submissions in or to start building if you are still interested! Its never to late.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Only a little more than a week left before judging starts so make sure to get your submissions in or to start building if you are still interested! Its never to late.
    This competition has been the perfect timing for me, not only did I get into EVE again, but I have exams coming up! \o/

I won't be able to get the rest of my ships in, but hopefully you can enjoy the one I posted. :p

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I got 2 more ships left, hopefully I can get them done. XD The Loot Pinata Splitter and the Loot Pinata Cargo Hauler. Basically they both shed entities like mad but one is shedding things likely dangerous and the other is shedding cargo boxes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This competition has been the perfect timing for me, not only did I get into EVE again, but I have exams coming up! \o/

I won't be able to get the rest of my ships in, but hopefully you can enjoy the one I posted. :p
    Hah yea school time is never a good time for competitions, Ill make sure to try and line up the next ones with a break so there's more building time.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol thankfully most schools in the same country have the same general break times. XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So with a 5 week competition I should be able to include about all of them in there if I time it right that is.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I got 2 more ships left, hopefully I can get them done. XD The Loot Pinata Splitter and the Loot Pinata Cargo Hauler. Basically they both shed entities like mad but one is shedding things likely dangerous and the other is shedding cargo boxes.
    I've toyed with including a cargo ship to. I'm keen to see how your Pinata's work. :)
    My ship is simply physical blocks as cargo.