yoyo industries Tradepost Alpha - progressive tradepost build

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ooooo that looks nice... looks like you could make a carrier-style under-pad access where techs can run about underneath and pop up through ramps/hatches to access the ships on the pad without interfering with ships landing/launching.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How did you build the angled deck corners with alternating hull colors touching each other? It appears as though you have two different color wedges occupying the same block. Is your landing deck multiple entities?

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    How did you build the angled deck corners with alternating hull colors touching each other? It appears as though you have two different color wedges occupying the same block. Is your landing deck multiple entities?
    yes. 2 entities atm. planning to keep it 1 for the landing pads wedges

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Update 5:

did some experiments with the buildings but not sure if i want to keep them this way or that i im gonna rebuild them. but we'll see ;)

Late reply, I know, but good progress so far! I think that, maybe instead of those brighter colors, maybe brown piping (you could maybe keep the red, though), and other subdued colors might work better? Idk, that's really up to taste XD

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Update 6:
    IM ALIVE!! :P
    almost done with school and almost got vacation.. means i can pick up the project again. thx for all the feedback so far!
    this is where we are so far!

i also made something in paint with reviews my plans with the space (like for my ms paint skills :p )
    the purple area's still need a purpose. leave your suggestions please :) (purple area is basically the bottom floor minus hangar and research labs) restaurant will be on second floor and there will be a control tower above the restaurant (called it 3rd floor because easier that way)

also added some of the brown piping which wizerdwolf suggested after the last update
    lemme know what you guys think and if you dont like it leave a suggestion how it might work (text/picture)

anyways sorry for taking so long before posting again
    have a good early weekend
    -yoyo2901

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i also made something in paint with reviews my plans with the space (like for my ms paint skills :p )
    the purple area's still need a purpose. leave your suggestions please :) (purple area is basically the bottom floor minus hangar and research labs) restaurant will be on second floor and there will be a control tower above the restaurant (called it 3rd floor because easier that way)
    A suggestion I have for the purple area is you could make part of it a warehouse/storage area of sorts for supplies and parts, and you could also maybe make sort of a repair area/garage thing?
    [doublepost=1499374168,1499374095][/doublepost]
    also added some of the brown piping which wizerdwolf suggested after the last update
    lemme know what you guys think and if you dont like it leave a suggestion how it might work (text/picture)
    YEP, I think this works much better! Piping definitely needs to be there, distinguishable from the walls and the roof, but it shouldn't draw too much attention to itself. This works well!

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A suggestion I have for the purple area is you could make part of it a warehouse/storage area of sorts for supplies and parts, and you could also maybe make sort of a repair area/garage thing?
    [doublepost=1499374168,1499374095][/doublepost]

YEP, I think this works much better! Piping definitely needs to be there, distinguishable from the walls and the roof, but it shouldn't draw too much attention to itself. This works well!
    I really like the garage idea.. a warehouse/cargo storage i had in my mind just no place to build it yet... was thinking i'd place it in the left over space. but garage... a small workshop where ships can get repaired is very nice

captainairspeed

CEO of ATC and Registered Button Pusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    would be pretty cool to have a garage that houses some small speeders for the stations population how many people are you thinking will be needed to run this station?

Reactions: wizerdwolf

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    would be pretty cool to have a garage that houses some small speeders for the stations population how many people are you thinking will be needed to run this station?
    for the station a staff i guess around 40

captainairspeed

CEO of ATC and Registered Button Pusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    one thing i always always forget is crew quarters so be careful of that ive compelted finished builds and then realised i forgot to add enough bunks and showers for the crews

Reactions: wizerdwolf

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    one thing i always always forget is crew quarters so be careful of that ive compelted finished builds and then realised i forgot to add enough bunks and showers for the crews
    glad you said it cause i would have forgotten

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Update 7:
    hey guys. i did some work on the station once more :)
    first i started with a container design I would like to implement in a few places over the station.. i decided to start with it on the landing pad cause i had the idea of a cargo area on the for quite a while so here is some containers:

further i worked mostly on hangar.. getting the layout and such planned out:

and made a working door for it:

i hope to post a new update very soon
    -yoyo2901

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Update 7:
    hey guys. i did some work on the station once more :)
    first i started with a container design I would like to implement in a few places over the station.. i decided to start with it on the landing pad cause i had the idea of a cargo area on the for quite a while so here is some containers:

-yoyo2901

I really like how you have cargo scattered around the pods, as if they're being loaded/unloaded!