yoyo industries Tradepost Alpha - progressive tradepost build

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hello other starmade players

this thread will be based on my new station build.. this is a try-out and maybe i want to do this in the future as well
    i will try to post as many updates as possible

this is the start of the station... tanks in place and piping between tanks and central structure (which isnt there yet)

(this is a single tank, 23,23,56)
    [doublepost=1491336791,1491336526][/doublepost]
    took inspiration from Drybreeze
    his post: Port Vandermier - progressive shipyard build
    check it out!​

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh it's looking deliciously raw and industrial! I like it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Looks interesting so far; is there an rp or functional purpose for the pods, out of curiosity? (Eg, are they intended to be "fuel storage" for docked ships, or do they simply hold power or shield regen, or something else?)

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Looks interesting so far; is there an rp or functional purpose for the pods, out of curiosity? (Eg, are they intended to be "fuel storage" for docked ships, or do they simply hold power or shield regen, or something else?)
    it was meant to be holding fuel for ships cause its also half a refuel station.. funcional im thinking to put some cargo in it or shields cause you cant see those from the outside

Reactions: Drybreeze
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    it was meant to be holding fuel for ships cause its also half a refuel station.. funcional im thinking to put some cargo in it or shields cause you cant see those from the outside
    Neat, okay! :D Yeah, I was wondering if they were intended to be fuel things. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more.

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Looking forward to seeing more! I like where is going so far.

captainairspeed

CEO of ATC and Registered Button Pusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dude this looks sweet definetly feels industrial and so far looks good cant wait to see how it goes

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I know it's early days yet, but I would recommend making slight differences to break up the cut-and-paste. For example you might put "01" to "05" on some of the sides of the tanks, or perhaps a silver band around some of them, stuff like that.

Are you working off any kind of drawing, or is it forming as it comes to you? I'm very curious to see what sort of structures it will have to support the tanks and platforms.

Reactions: yoyo2901

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I know it's early days yet, but I would recommend making slight differences to break up the cut-and-paste. For example you might put "01" to "05" on some of the sides of the tanks, or perhaps a silver band around some of them, stuff like that.

Are you working off any kind of drawing, or is it forming as it comes to you? I'm very curious to see what sort of structures it will have to support the tanks and platforms.
    yes most detailing shall i do when im done with the bigger lines so its definitely gonna be less copy paste then it is now... thinking about adding some rust or spots without paint but ill have to see how that works out

there is a picture of it in my head with a few parts and i try to put those pieces together.... so its a bit of both

and there is gonna be tons of buildings on top.. thinking about an customs room.. engeneering deck.. some appartements for people to sleep in.. a few small hangars for cargo.. and a few cafe's or bar's

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So its kinda Like a Space Motorway Services Sounds sweet not too many Space Stations have taken that kinda aproach

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So its kinda Like a Space Motorway Services Sounds sweet not too many Space Stations have taken that kinda aproach
    the place this station is meant to be is far from the spawn sector... its a bit like a last frontier where people come by to discover the rest of the universe.. here they can buy the fuel they need and buy the supplies they need for their further journey accross the galaxy.. it could be used as spawn station if i think of it RP wise... people spawn here and have a drink at the bar to start their journey to the unknown galaxy that lays ahead of them..

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic

captainairspeed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    that sounds sweet as its a last fronteir station dont forget that multiple large ships could/will dock there as its unlikely that someones going into the unknown in a one man fighter so keep that in mind also if their going to be buying supllies a warehouse/repair yard is an idea for the rp and as a nice way to actually store things

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Update 3:

Update!! yay!!! been a fucking week you cunt.
    yeah sorry had no time due to test week on school and i wanted to get good grades...

but anyways here is update 3..
    been playing around with landing pads the whole evening and finally found something that fits. thx to help from Guthris RedDwarfIV and Peekie30 i got on this design.. and also an aircraft carrier deck.. thanks obama.. (for real)
    enjoy this until i stop being busy which is this week and hope i dont get lazy like last vacation..

-yoyo2901
    founder and employee (and everything in between) of yoyo industries

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I would hit that, with artillery and a bridge that is likely larger than this thing will ever be.

I like it, I look forward to seeing this done.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    You're welcome mate, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Update 4:

had a busy weekend due to eastern but got some progress done.
    most of the time was spend planning and thinking where to put stuff.
    i placed some more landing pads with some space between for cargo and an upper landing pad which will be for somewhat bigger cargo ships.. there will be a cargo bay next to that landing pad.

-yoyo2901
    founder and employee (and everything in between) of yoyo industries