Xray vision...hmmm help please

Reaction score
    javaw 2017-01-21 20-18-37-56.jpg Well I just started playing star made. I hadn't played in a while (since planets were disks shapes) and I just updated it a few days ago with steam and decided to play today. I loaded up the world makeing it into the spawn. That's when I seen something the trader... only the trader the shop spawned but I guess the textures are messing up and I can see threw them. Every block is transparent. I tried switching the pack but it didn't help.
    Reloaded the game a few times. Nothing. Downloaded SMC and it said all should be fine besides my unknown graphics card and needing to check my integrated Intel card for its ability to use the open gl.

So hopefully some one eles has had this problem and its easy to fix.
    My graphics card are an AMD Radeon R7 m260
    And an integrated Intel (R) Hd graphics 5500
    Running Windows 10
    64 bit op system 12gb ram
    I7-5500 Intel core 2.40 ghz.

Attached should be a picture of my problem my logs and the SMC check.
    I do not have an internet connection.(useing phone) so I'll have to go somewhere for an internet connection of I need to redownload anything.
    And my final request is if I could get a link to the 64 bit launcher that would be nice.

If More info is needed I can try to provide more

Attachments

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I litterally just had this same glitch on my other PC. Do a full GPU driver uninstall and update. Make sure the update installs C++ libraries etc.

Reaction score
    I will try this. Later due to the lack of internet connection. Thanks for the reply.

IF there are any other things that could be fixed to repair this feel free to post I just don't want to have to buy another pc/laptop just yet.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I hadn't played in a while (since planets were disks shapes) and I just updated it a few days ago with steam and decided to play today.
    Did you update from an old version of StarMade, or install from scratch? If you updated, I suspect the older game files might be contributing to the issue. Are you playing the game through Steam?

If you don't have anything in the game you want to save, go to the location where StarMade is installed. In your case this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common delete the "StarMade" folder manually and then uninstall the game in Steam itself. Redownload and you should have a clean file set.

I took a quick look at your logs and it appears you're not using our latest launcher either.
    JAVA Oracle Corporation - 1.8.0_91 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_91
    The latest launcher has Java prepackaged with it, it also sets recommended memory settings by default. I can see the Java being used is not our prepackaged one. This is what our new launcher looks like (if you're not seeing this, you've got the wrong one):

[JVM-ARGUMENTS] [-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true, -Xmn256M, -Xms1024M, -Xmx1024M, -Xincgc]
    Your log file shows the maximum memory set to the game is 1024M, this is not enough. StarMade requires at minimum 2048M, and the recommended amount is 4096M. Using our latest launcher will resolve this.

Reaction score
    Ah yes the ol' delete everything and try again. That was my second to last resort. But yes I was useing the old launcher becuase the new one would load. I'd click play prompt comes up play star made and the other older launcher useing java. Clicking play star made would result in steam saying it was running for a few seconds they it would disappear. So hopefully full reload will work if not I'll be back. Then we get to play tech support again.

Also this new launcher does it detect operating system or do I have to go and download 64bit version?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    becuase the new one would load
    The new one wouldn't load you mean? If that is the case, could you upload the launcher log, which should be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StarMade\launcher.log

Are you using Steam to play the game?

I didn't understand a word of what you said after this, so I can't comment :)

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Are you using Steam to play the game?

I didn't understand a word of what you said after this, so I can't comment :)
    I believe they are using Steam, given their description of the issue. Translated:
    1. Pressed the Play button for Starmade from their Steam library.
    2. Would be asked to 'Play Starmade' or 'Play Starmade (old launcher)'
    3. Clicked 'Play Starmade'
    4. Game would not appear, but Steam would say it was running, for a few seconds.
    Had this issue ages ago, so I totally get what they meant. Forgot how I fixed it, however.

Reaction score
    Yes I am useing steam to play it and sorry for my inability to type on my phone. I will attach my launcher log if its still there. (I've already deleted the game so it might not be there)

And to clear that jumbled mess. I would launch the game and it would bring up a list with 2 options. First is to launch star made(new launcher I guess). When ever I use that option it says the game is running. A few seconds later it just stop which I suppose is an error and that it.
    The second option is to run star made with the old launcher. This option brings me all the way to the game where the xray vision happens.every thing works no problem I just can't see anything besides the background the trader guy and myself.
    [doublepost=1485130684,1485130119][/doublepost]Well its not much but here it is.
    I would also like to say thanks for helping.

Attachments

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yes I am useing steam to play it and sorry for my inability to type on my phone. I will attach my launcher log if its still there. (I've already deleted the game so it might not be there)

And to clear that jumbled mess. I would launch the game and it would bring up a list with 2 options. First is to launch star made(new launcher I guess). When ever I use that option it says the game is running. A few seconds later it just stop which I suppose is an error and that it.
    The second option is to run star made with the old launcher. This option brings me all the way to the game where the xray vision happens.every thing works no problem I just can't see anything besides the background the trader guy and myself.
    [doublepost=1485130684,1485130119][/doublepost]Well its not much but here it is.
    I would also like to say thanks for helping.
    Ok, so you deleted the game entirely, redownloaded and the launcher still didn't launch?

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    For reference, Here's what it looked like when I had the similar issue (last 2-3 patches) on my other AMD system. Does that look like what you're seeing spartan1013 ? starmade-screenshot-0000.png starmade-screenshot-0001.png starmade-screenshot-0002.png starmade-screenshot-0003.png

No render of the shiop, no collision box for shop, no render of ships, no collision of ships, BUT logic connections WOULD render if I admin-loaded an entity. New fresh installs of starmade had the same error(why these SS are numbered 000-003). Andy already forwarded my logs on it I think.

Inital GFX driver reinstall gave me "Open_GL exception blah blah" with force terminate. A rollback of GFX drivers got rid of the exception, but resulted in that black non-render.

The fix was, as above, total GFX uninstall/reinstall, but it only worked when I forced install of the C++ dependencies too by uninstalling them from the PC as well. Might have something to do with how framebuffer is being used?

Reaction score
    I didn't test the logic part. That's almost it but you said no collision of either so you couldn't touch it?
    Mine I still stop when trying to go threw the shop. And a npc miner ran into me and things went spazy the screen would start shaking rapidly

Reaction score
    • Tester
    That is the infamous launcher bug Terra couldnt reproduce (or anyone of us afaik).

please try to start the launcher with a shortcut and add in the short cut properties a --verbose to the line for target
    the resulting launcher.log is hopefully more useful

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    please try to start the launcher with a shortcut and add in the short cut properties a --verbose to the line for target
    the resulting launcher.log is hopefully more useful
    spartan1013

You can do this in Steam by right clicking "StarMade" in the Steam library > Properties > General > Set Launch Options... > enter --verbose in the input box > OK

I doubt the log will provide any further information though.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    no clue about steam ... due to the lack of steam ^^

but good to know (i will probably forget about it again soon however ;) )

Reaction score
    Well I updated my driver's got a fresh version of starmade and put the --verbose in. The new launcher still dosn' t activate and now the old version will not let me go even to the main menu a new error comes up
    [doublepost=1485275784,1485275451][/doublepost]These is the new error messge and new logs

Attachments

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Could not create virtual machine, is usually a side effect of unfortunate memory settings.

Please make sure to use exactly those settings:
    memory-settings2.png

Those are the defaults, and should work.

You may also have specified a custom java path here:
    launcher2-custjava.png

Make sure to clear that field, and ensure the with 3. marked spot shows "Using bundled Java version".

If starmade still does not work, its most likely a security software preventing java from starting a virtual machine at all.

- Andy

(Edit, disregard the above post, overread the part with the new launcher not being able to start.)

Last edited: