WoW! Vaygr Finally Dead! :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    nd drives technical innovation and bug discovery in the PvP realm (now if we could only get testers reporting bugs as frequently as they're exploiting them
    WE WISH

People seem to bolt off the sever in supersonic speeds ._.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hmmm maybe if the big bad wolf helped the sheep to get set up and not noob stomp em this discussion wouldn't be needed.besides sitting in your base scarred of the boggie-man is no fun.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ah, another thread that involves Vaygr yet never was started by Vaygr, yet claims that Vaygr made them start it to shitpost Vaygr. The exact kinda stuff I hated being put through when I was with the Odium Pact. Looks like nowadays Vaygr's bad rep is fuelled more by the people who inflate it or hold old grudges, than the actual actions committed by the actual members. Anyone ever having anything to do with them, even if they only played in an allied faction, gets branded and greeted with at least distrust, sometimes with open hostility. me being an example of that. Way to prove your moral high ground.

And now there's even a point being reached when the anti-Vaygr zeal went so overboard that even the supposed mortal enemies are fed up with it. Time for a slow clap, I guess, congrats IKindaCrashAlot , I guess. You went full hater. Never go full hater.

You know it would be a lot easier if grudges could be settled ingame and not on the Dock, though I admit, shitposting on a forum thread takes a lot less time than doing some hard work to build the proper ships and experiment to fine tune their systems until they actually perform in PvP.

Since I like to bash both sides in an argument: Vaygr should stop using exploits altogether. Period. For me, personally, winning using ghostblocks and other shenanigans in Starmade is like using scripts in LoL or wallhack in CS:GO. Even if you win, the victory is spoiled, leaving a bad aftertaste, because you knew you didn't win because you were better; you won because you cheated. And cut the "by any means necessary" crap. This is a game, not a war. Play it. And play it legit.

On the other hand, anyone not Vaygr should man the f*** up and stop crying hax every single goddamn time they get their collective behinds handed to them, whether or not there were any exploits suspected (unless proven). I had the honor to observe how Vaygr and the Odium Pact works. They are organized. They spend time to refine their builds. They keep up with the game. They do field testing, R&D, drills, they know how an organized field unit works, how to employ different tactics. They are good at both the building and the piloting, and each member knows what their strong suits and weaknesses are. If you don't come prepared, don't expect to win against them. If you spend less time preparing, if you don't have as many potent players, if you arrive to the battlefield already tilted out of your minds, disorganized before the battle even starts, don't blame your loss on hacks.
    As the meme goes: GIT GUD.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I was going to comment, then I remembered that people are annoying.

Guess I'll just say this - for someone who doesn't like forum warriors, you sure act like one Red.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The ONLY Odium factions that ever used Ghost Blocks were Khaak, Atlas and IL one of them got booted from Odium another is playing some naval combat game on their Russian server and has abandoned StarMade and other has since stopped using them.
    So, 3 out of 5 OP factions were doing it. One got booted (Atlas if I remember, but they were booted not for exploiting, but for Blackhawk being impossible to work with) the other 2 left the game. Supposedly. CR half left for EVE, half splintered off because they(we) got fed up with BH's BS and Khaak not only using ingame exploits but 3rd party programs too.
    Thing is, I don't recall OP ever condemning or sanctioning against exploits within their ranks. Even though Vaygr themselves weren't using actual exploits for a good while (depends on PoV, some idiots consider(ed) power/shield injectors and docked hull exploits too), they approved of Khaak, Atlas and IL using them. And "All my friends are using but not me" is naturally hard to believe, especially if you already have a bad reputation, some of it rightly earned, some of it not so much. It's just the cherry on top.
    So yea, now you know why I have my reservations. Using exploits is a stigma that's easily earned, but hard to get rid of. Especially if you're not even trying to.
    Also the reason why my relationship with Vaygr is a love-hate one. I love how organized you are, and I love the general mood, but I can't handle the shitstorms.

If you want to be the "neutral moral highground who doesnt take sides" start by ditching thid condescending attitude you put into your posts. Then you should stop fighting misinformation with blatant lies.
    I don't care about "neutral moral high ground". I was taught to take into account more than one point of view, and be skeptical of both. You claim not to have used exploits but openly admit the rest of Odium was using them; thus I'm skeptical that you of all didn't. And I'm skeptical of the claims you still use them, because they come from butthurt keyboard warriors who probably didn't spend half as much time building and fine tuning their ships as you guys did, yet whine when they get their ass kicked, and claim huge victories when they catch a small undocked ship or think they won when you lose interest in the server and leave.

Thing is, at this point, I simply don't have the time or the will to dig deep and find out who's lying and who's not. So I'll be on the safe side and go by the words of Hugh Laurie as Gregory House, M.D.:

Reactions: Keptick and Lecic

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    First time I am hearing about 3rd party programs, perhaps just more dumb bullshit that some forum warrior made up and it got passed around. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It wasn't yesterday, but when OP first arrived to then-new Shattered Skies, shortly before me, Jan, Akan and Leanson got out of CR, there was a way to track other players on a server by reading the locations from the server-client communication. It got patched shortly. But it happened. And it was used by Khaak, again, not vaygr, Khaak. I wouldn't write about it here if I wasn't earwitnessing it on the CR teamspeak.

There is a difference between being skeptical of both parties and criticizing one side truthfully while using blatant lies to criticize another.
    At this point, there's so much misinformation out on the forums, it's almost impossible to unravel the whole thing and be 100% sure who's to be thruthfully bashed and who's not. Especially that there are plenty of guilty factions on both sides. I know Thryn had their fair share of exploit use (For example, placing their docked power and shield so they clip inside the main ship, essentially using the same space to be occupied by 2 blocks the same time) as well, I had my personal experience with Khaak (whom you did boot) and Atlas (who were also asses in addition, on a level that pissed me off so hard it earned me a temporary ban) Each side claims to be innocent and the other claims they are not, with several dozen pages of so-called evidence that's mostly suggestions, blind accusations and anecdotal stories.

And if you hear something often enough, long enough, it starts to engrave itself into your brain.

Throwing accusations around is a match no one even remembers who started but it's going on anyway, FOR OVER 3 GODDAMN YEARS. Yes. Over 3 years. And that's only as long as I remember. Might have been even longer. So, I heard it often enough, and certainly for long enough. Long enough to affect me, to tire me, and to piss me off. Long enough that it actually became hard to tell apart the lies and ulterior motives from the truth. The false accusations from the proven ones.

Oh, and by the way, thank you for pointing out that this bullcrap got me good enough to actually fall into the post hoc fallacy. I got triggered and baited. Ironic, since I just bashed IKindaCrashALot for his zealous hatred and then I did almost exactly the same thing. The skunk told the ferret that he stinks.

Yes, everyone, that image is me and Zoro talking on Steam. That is actually legit. Use that information however you will. I'm gonna go attempt to sift through 3+ years of Starmade Dock community forums to try find a single crumb of actual evidence against Vaygr since no one else is willing to do it, just talk about it. Kinda reminds me of this episode of South Park:

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    hahahahahahaha, I comeback from a short break from StarMade to see this about Vaygr bait saying they dead? Pffffft. jeb99 is clueless! :whistle:

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a blue print of something called the Abadon. its full of ghost blocks. There was a thread about it a while back I think. its pretty cool stuff.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I have a blue print of something called the Abadon. its full of ghost blocks. There was a thread about it a while back I think. its pretty cool stuff.
    Yeah, that's the IL one. Its turrets had a logic powered ghost block weapon. Thing is pretty old now, and I doubt they're still using the same turrets on it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, that's the IL one. Its turrets had a logic powered ghost block weapon. Thing is pretty old now, and I doubt they're still using the same turrets on it.
    Wasnt it just to deal with Ion docked reactor at the time?

Exploit to counter exploit...

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Wasnt it just to deal with Ion docked reactor at the time?

Exploit to counter exploit...
    This was back when Thryn existed the first time, and I don't remember anyone using ionized shield supply back then. I might have just been behind the curve on that one.

That being said, I definitely did use docked shield rechargers, but that was basically to kick-start the recharge on the main ship, and wasn't really to supply any viable amount of shields.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This was back when Thryn existed the first time, and I don't remember anyone using ionized shield supply back then. I might have just been behind the curve on that one.

That being said, I definitely did use docked shield rechargers, but that was basically to kick-start the recharge on the main ship, and wasn't really to supply any viable amount of shields.
    That was the explanation we got from Sidonus about the whole ghost blocks thing. Turret works like a normal one and requires someone to be in it to turn on logic.

So it really is from what I can see intended to counter ion injector BS.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That was the explanation we got from Sidonus about the whole ghost blocks thing. Turret works like a normal one and requires someone to be in it to turn on logic.

So it really is from what I can see intended to counter ion injector BS.
    Must not have been the one I had seen then, lol, two ghosting ships. The one I know of had an inner ship remote on the main ship called "Crackshot" that was linked to a bunch of ghosted cannons on two turrets with wireless.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Must not have been the one I had seen then, lol, two ghosting ships. The one I know of had an inner ship remote on the main ship called "Crackshot" that was linked to a bunch of ghosted cannons on two turrets with wireless.
    Probably, I have seen way too much BS "techniques" for ship building or ship FINDING

Thks Jaas

*god damn it, I am sorry