Wormholes, Black Holes, and White Holes, Three Separate Entities

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
    • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    One thing that has both thrilled and bugged me is the wormholes currently in game. Sure, they are useful for hopping from one place to another, but act like black holes, and there are no black holes. My solution is to make them two separate things:

Wormholes:

Structures that look like they currently do now, except take up only a small sector, instead of a whole system. They do not have a gravitational pull, but behave functionally identical otherwise, spitting you out somewhere near another wormhole. starmade-screenshot-0072_zps06ecdc80.png

Black Holes:

Rare structures (3 or 4 per galaxy,possibly a few in intergalactic space.) They take up a whole sector as wormholes currently do, have an extreme gravitational pull, and will instakill any player that enters it, and will destroy their ship. Also a supermassive (takes up 3 or 4 sectors) black hole in the center of each galaxy.
    However, they can be survived if a player has x amount of shields (500,000?) When entered, a scene similar to that from the movie Interstellar occurs, and you are thrown into a white hole ~3,000 or 5,000 km away. This would be useful for advanced players to explore easier, while still discourage newer players from jumping across a galaxy in a 5-block ship.
    Maybe look something like this?
    BH_wip_v14.jpg

White Holes:

Yes, these are theoretically real (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole). Anything that goes into a black hole will be spat out from a white hole somewhere in another galaxy, or in intergalactic space. Their sheer gravity will not allow you to enter, but will spit out asteroids and ore blocks occasionally, making for a good mining outpost in the middle of nowhere (based off canadianbacon's idea).
    Opposite color of a black hole?
    3339_7ba0691b7777b6581397456412a41390.jpg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'd like to see black holes implemented similar to this, but instead of having them teleport you a short distance, they should be minable.

Seriously.

They should be solid non-block models that instakill you when you touch them and have strong gravity. Pointing a mining laser at one will feed you infinite amounts of random rock and ore at a 50% chance each for every tick of your mining laser.

A giant black hole exists at the center of each galaxy like in real life.

Reaction score
    I'd like to see black holes implemented similar to this, but instead of having them teleport you a short distance, they should be minable.

Seriously.

They should be solid non-block models that instakill you when you touch them and have strong gravity. Pointing a mining laser at one will feed you infinite amounts of random rock and ore at a 50% chance each for every tick of your mining laser.

A giant black hole exists at the center of each galaxy like in real life.
    That's a great idea, I'm going to add white holes ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole ) to the post.

Reaction score
    Apologize for the necro but this idea is amazing, and the explanation is great/simple. Hoping again this can be considered.