WIP: Unclassed Hangar- Centric design

Reaction score
    Working name: Stingray
    Here's my first large scale build, and my second build ever, 30+ hours in:

This is still in it's early stages, and all suggestions are welcome. The turrets are currently beams on sides, and cannons in the middle. The doors and forcefields are logic- controlled from within the hangar, and I will add detection, bridge control, etc. I definitely need suggestions for the bridge, the current mess is a placeholder. What should I put to either side of the front? Any greebling tips? Overall thoughts?

Attachments

Reactions: Rumcajz

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Interesting design. You're turrets are similar to some of my designs as well.

For details, try some "windows" using lights and/or crystals. It makes any build look more ship-like and less like a random polygonal shape. If you are concerned about armor weaknesses, place a layer of crystal armor of your preferred color over the windows.

I hope this gives you the inspiration you need.

Space Colony2.jpg

Reactions: Rumcajz

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You ought to use imgur to host your pictures. your spoilers just contain links.

Reaction score
    You ought to use imgur to host your pictures. your spoilers just contain links.
    Or, you know, just use [ img ] tags... hosting on SMD is not the problem here. Actually I prefer images not coming from third parties for a multitude of reasons, like so-called "image hoster services" deleting images after some undisclosed amount of time, which really isn't very much of a service at all...

Reaction score
    Interesting design. You're turrets are similar to some of my designs as well.

For details, try some "windows" using lights and/or crystals. It makes any build look more ship-like and less like a random polygonal shape. If you are concerned about armor weaknesses, place a layer of crystal armor of your preferred color over the windows.

I hope this gives you the inspiration you need.

View attachment 28198
    This definitely gives me some ideas. I was also thinking that I could put a massive weapon system in the front ( to either side of the bridge), maybe dual beams (like in Ender's Game) or a torpedo bay. I'l go take a look at some more of your designs now.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    One thing, the graphics on the doors make them look like they should split to open. Just a small niggle.

Reaction score
    One thing, the graphics on the doors make them look like they should split to open. Just a small niggle.
    They would definitely look cool that way... I didn't want to leave a blank grey space, so I just did whatever. Maybe if I feel like building and connecting the same logic circuit 16 times I'l make them split. There's room (doors y=30, ship y=65)

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, logic can be a repetitive pain. I'm making bifold turret doors at the moment and once you do it 20 times it becomes a fine art!