WiP Roosevelt Class Supercarrier

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Updaterino! Plenty of pictures, so I'll let them do the talking.

And here's the work I've done making the engine block look better, added the three slanted thrusters on the side and the two thrusters at the end of what I now call a nacelle.

New Cell Block

Some detail work and turrets.

Engine block detailing

First pass at the ship's library/study.

Ship's theatre/briefing room.

One of many transporter rooms.

And all of this is now added to the album in the OP.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That thing is a beast! I'm amazed at the size of it. The wood shelves look awesome, I might barrow that idea :P

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Only a few of the turrets are even capable of bumping into anything to cause turret lag, and I'm making damn sure that they don't. Testing so far drops frames a bit when they fire, but not significantly.

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am at a loss for words, I mean, this looks amazing,

Even in these early(ish) stages, this ship looks great, and there are so many new (to me) ideas in these pictures that you've shown, that I never would've thought of before.

Well, done, I cannot wait to see this true super carrier done

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Update! I've been putting in some work, mainly quality of life fixes and detailing, some interior some exterior. Still not entirely sure how to detail the underside of the ship or the nose, but I've started working on actual turrets to do damage and the ship can now actually launch and recover combat-capable ships from the forward hangar. Also, current total of turrets stands at 48 AMS, 4 Sniper Railguns, 3 High DPS anti-capital cannons, 2 pulse missile, and four beam missile. Check it out!

Beauty shot.

Shot of the rear, some extra details added along with new turrets.

Underside, needs a huge amount of detailing... HELP ME

Forward hangar with room for 12 of my new fighters. Can only launch one side of the hangar at a time, takes about 3 minutes per side because it's set up more for RP purposes than anything.

My new fighter, F-32F_Kestrel, have a bunch of variants lying around, this one is my favorite. Not an amazing vehicle by any means, but I think it looks nice and has a good shape to it.

Airlock to fighter launch tube. Ship goes down, airlock closes, launch bay door opens, fighter launchers, bay doors close, airlock opens, next fighter enters. Pretty straight forward but took FOREVER to get working correctly.

Obviously there's more to it than this, but check the album if you want the full story.

Reactions: Scypio

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What are you using for a hanger control system?

This might help:

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A bit of an update, #4 I think? Here's the album

Finally decided to get my hands dirty this last month and learn how Starmade works again; power, shields, and weapons have been completely redesigned. Once I noticed how much less room you have to dedicate to systems I began to add some wishlist things that I didn't think I'd have room for when I first starting building, ie a bay for miners and a MASSIVE engine room.