WiP Roosevelt Class Supercarrier

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Update #4! Some major progress in detailing and systems.

Update! Top of page 2 there's a lot of stuff.

I've been hard at work on my newest capital ship, and the first ship I've ever made that I would consider a "titan." Seeing as we are on the cusp of a slew of new features that will make carriers viable (improved fleets, AI crew), I wanted to take the idea of a carrier to its extreme.

So here are some pictures, she is currently almost 900m long, and with about half of the designed systems, 1/4 of the planned interior, and almost none of the planned turrets installed the ship is currently in the area of around 2.5 million blocks.

Interior wise there will be 7 fully realized decks (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and a massive engineering level) with two rail elevators that will service all 7.

The Hull is 90% finished, but only the most basic detail work has been started.

Hangar Doors, for the various craft this ship will carry.

Some WiP support ships, from left to right F-27_Dragonfly_mkII fighter-bomber, F-25C_Wasp cannon drone, and a Chicago_Class_Missile_Frigate_mkII.

The engine block is mostly done. I'll probably do some more detailing and possibly add some external thrusters.

Things that are finished or mostly finished.
    Hull, engines, bridge, elevators, medical deck, observation deck, crew and officer quarters, cargo, security, armor and weapons range, science deck, server room, and promenade

Things that are still very much WiP
    Hull detailing, two hangars, troop deck, personnel deck, maintenance, engineering, command deck, brig, conference room, ready room, transporter rooms, weapons, turrets, and a whole shitload more.

There's a bunch more pictures in this album, and I will update periodically with more stuff. So let me know how it looks, give me some feedback, and I'm definitely open to suggestions regarding different things to add.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Very nice! The engines could be a bit less inline with the rest of the ship, add some nacelles or something. Otherwise great work!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Is this what you meant by that post in the contest thread about a capital ship? Looking good :D

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    Beautiful ship. And I love the purple engines, that's a new one for me. Looking great, keep it coming.
    Are all those hazard armor bordered areas, labeled with numbers, different bays?
    Are they rail systems?
    If not, make them rail systems, if so, open the dang things! Those look sweet.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Beautiful ship. And I love the purple engines, that's a new one for me. Looking great, keep it coming.
    Are all those hazard armor bordered areas, labeled with numbers, different bays?
    Are they rail systems?
    If not, make them rail systems, if so, open the dang things! Those look sweet.
    Yup! They open.

Reactions: Rumcajz

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I think the engine section could use some width to vary the ship profile but that's it tbh.

Reaction score
    Now those are some nice doors. Are those fighter/drone bays? If not, what are they?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think the engine section could use some width to vary the ship profile but that's it tbh.
    I'm not entirely sure how to add depth to the engine block, but I'm figuring I'll add nacelles or some thrusters on a scaffolding.

Now those are some nice doors. Are those fighter/drone bays? If not, what are they?
    They're for drones, fighters, bombers, miners, and a small frigate or two.

Here's some examples of the different ships I'm working on.

Reaction score
    Now THAT'S a hangar bay.

Neat small drone thing, nice looking corvette. Not so sure about the space airliner/bomber thing, though.
    Maybe change something so it looks less like an airliner? Everything else about it is good, but that nose is just....well...space airliner. Even the color scheme is reminiscent of an airline.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, that's my fighter bomber. It's function over form with that one, I'll rework it somehow, I just can't figure out how at the moment. Small craft are not my forte.

Reaction score
    Large craft aren't mine. I tend to lose interest, run out of ideas. However, I've got some decent small-scale recreations so far, and couple of original designs finished.

Also, me and turret design are mutual enemies.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    i really like the way your design is going great job so far.maybe to add interest to the nose have some hidden weapon systems(missile silos,torpedo launchers,mass damage cannons) behind blast doors?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Looking very nice esspecially the detail shots. i love this AMS turret it's so cute!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm thinking for the engine, bring the hull out a couple meters when you switch it from the regular grey hull to the black of the engine block. That breaks up the flat surface. Having nacelles buried into the hull would be a good idea too.

Also for this:

All I could think was "those divots are going to break someone's ankle someday." Like if this is a military ship you don't want crew falling into those and breaking their legs or ankles. Might be better to flip the wedges upside down and put a mesh or grill inbetween them so people can run across them.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's supposed to look like a track of some sort, it also server for allowing small craft to move between the two main hangar bays. So there shouldn't be any crew up in those hallways.

I'm pretty much a lost cause when it comes to reshaping the engine area, I've tried a great deal of options but it still comes out about the same, so I'll definitely try that suggestion and see how it goes.

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hey, this looks great! It may have a somewhat flat profile in most areas, but as this is supposed to be more of a militarized ship (I'm guessing? It is a carrier after all...) it fits it rather well. I like what you're doing, keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It's supposed to look like a track of some sort, it also server for allowing small craft to move between the two main hangar bays. So there shouldn't be any crew up in those hallways.

I'm pretty much a lost cause when it comes to reshaping the engine area, I've tried a great deal of options but it still comes out about the same, so I'll definitely try that suggestion and see how it goes.

Here are some links I use to build my "image inventory." I hope that some of these links can help you out :P

PS: The first one is the engines on my ship :)

Image Set 1

Image Set 2

Image Set 3