|:|:| WINDOOM STARMADE |:|:| Updated 0.093932 ]:[ 24/7, no lag, 64-slot, EU ]:[ Custom economy ]:[ >

Reaction score
    Server updated and running smoothly!

EDIT: server listings broken because of UDP update, don\'t mind them.

Server is online right now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Hi, I have 2 questions :

Where is the server located ?

Could you activate blueprints ? It\'s really annoying to play without, why do I have to build another ship if I have all my ship already built, futhermore it\'s not free to buy them...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The server is located in France. Blueprints were deactivated because there\'s really no penalty for dying in this game. You lose your ship, but blueprints allow you to instantly restore it to its former glory. It\'s not free, no, but the economy isn\'t very balanced, so it tends to be easier to get the money to spawn it rather than the building it. Furthermore, players who want to build their own ship are at a disadvantage to players that simple download large capital ships created by pros.

Reaction score
    It better be annoying to lose a ship, the purpose of the game is to build a ship that is superior to all others. If you make a ship that gets destroyed, it means it had a flaw somewhere.

You can always save the ship locally though, could even submit it as a pirate when destroyed.

We made this decision because it is by far the most sustainable one.

Reaction score
    Small server update, changelog can be found here: http://starmade.windoom.com/index.php?threads/stardate-07-07-2013-changelog.63/

Reaction score
    Windoom has reverted to an older version due to constant crashing, now running stable on build 0.09376.

To revert, follow this guide: http://starmade.windoom.com/index.php?threads/windoom-has-reverted-to-build-0-09376.66/

Reaction score
    Still running strong and lag-free on older build!

Recently added to this listing: http://starmade-servers.net/index.php

http://starmade-servers.net/server.php?id=2069

Reaction score
    Okay, we got the server working now for people with the latest build (0.093775 as of now), you can all join now :)

Reaction score
    http://starmade.windoom.com/index.php?threads/version-update-please-join-on-latest-version.74/#post-399

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Good server, love the people on it too, so far not a tiny bit of lag at all, so yea, nice one!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is, is it possible to make it such that you cannot upload a ship you made elsewhere, but to allow you to save to the server a ship you built on said server?

To be entirely honest, such an option would actually be best if you want epic faction wars. Since no one would be able to call in uber ships made by other people off-server, but would be able to make copies of ones they built here on this one. This would allow factions to design and mass produce ships unique to them, encouraging battles between different factions since you can always spawn a new one. While not being afraid of someone in the other faction spawning some massive battleship they found on another server in retaliation.

Reaction score
    We have considered it, but with the current way catalog works, it\'s a no-go for us.

Once blueprints actually become part of the game (so no instant huge-ass ship spawning just to gather blocks) in the form of shipyards or something, then we can turn it on.

We can consider so called \"faction packs\" that could be uploaded by faction leaders at a thread, with a predefined set of 4-5 ships, but I doubt we\'ll ever make the switch with the way catalog is atm.

Reaction score
    Economy/block update soon, if you want to throw in your ideas and suggestions, this thread is made for that: http://starmade.windoom.com/index.php?threads/economy-update-make-your-suggestions.80/#post-432

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just thought I\'d let you guys know that the server is currently down as of 5:35 GMT 7/10/13

Reaction score
    Okay guys, the server is back up.

As of now, I have console access too, so I can restart the server whenever it is necessary to do so.

Futhermore, this thread will be re-vamped so it will represent us and our ideals better.

But for now, join and play :P

windoom.com:4242

www.starmade.windoom.com

Always handy to check the site for more news and other goodies!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Encountered crippling lag about a half hour in. Restarting to see if it\'s just me. Ping was only ~100 or so, so I don\'t know what\'s happening.

EDIT: Tried again, now getting EOFE Exception Error every time. Not sure what to do about it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I like your server but I won\'t play on without blueprints sry