Why do Missile/Pulse Weapons destroy docked cores inside the ship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I had a really nice ship with docked fighters inside sealed bays, and many power reactors inside my decent sized ship that has millions of shields 50+. I want to know why a Missile system with pulse hits the side of your ship, is stopped by your superior shields and yet anything docked in a 72 meter radius is nuked....

this is completely unacceptable and needs to be fixed as internal docked systems are useless completely now.
    whats the point if everything can be nuked....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am going to have to strongly agree with this one. I don't think anything else even needs to be added.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I personally consider this a rather pressing issue; would it not be more appropriate to bump up the priority in the bug tracker?
    After all, this only got worse with the ridiculous radius nukes we have now. These can basically evaporate the contents of an entire carrier without doing remotely enough damage to the mothership shields.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I personally consider this a rather pressing issue; would it not be more appropriate to bump up the priority in the bug tracker?
    After all, this only got worse with the ridiculous radius nukes we have now. These can basically evaporate the contents of an entire carrier without doing remotely enough damage to the mothership shields.
    Yeah I agree it but it's not up to testers to decide priority...

Ah and nukes are really buggy as well, they were supposed to be nerfed but still deal much more damage than they should.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I thought that this was fixed in one of the recent updates. Apparently not...

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Ah and nukes are really buggy as well, they were supposed to be nerfed but still deal much more damage than they should.
    You sure about that?

Is it the ACTUAL damage value or just the weapons tab value that is screwed up?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You sure about that?

Is it the ACTUAL damage value or just the weapons tab value that is screwed up?
    Yes I am sure, the actually amount inflicted on a per block basis is way more than the weapon should be capable of dealing.

Reactions: Mered4
    Reaction score
    I thought this was fixed before, now happen again?

Reaction score
    Seeing as how Schema wants to encourage armor tanking, the missile should be stopped even if shields are down(so long as the armor holds).

Reaction score
    It is, but I wouldn't consider that high priority at the moment, since the issue itself isn't that big of a problem. However, the combination with #967 is. The latter's priority probably could be raised to High.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    967 appears to have been fixed. However nukes on their very own already have a radius of 72. That is enough to shave many turrets off nearly any ship (on the non-impact side!)

Reaction score
    967 appears to have been fixed. However nukes on their very own already have a radius of 72. That is enough to shave many turrets off nearly any ship (on the non-impact side!)
    Thanks, I've updated the issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wrong? Probably not, I heard it was fixed in dev. Or failing that, I bet the HP mechanics make it a non issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The StarMade channel on the front page Twitter feed posted this little number: https://twitter.com/star_made/status/614923791047729152

It seems to suggest that explosions will base on line of sight, so armoring on your sub-50% shielded ship between the boom and your fighter/shuttle craft will serve to protect them from the missile. External turrets will still be hosed if you lose half shields, but fighters and rails inside may be safe until the main hull is sufficiently breached.

Given its version number, we'll potentially have fixed explosions live next update.

Reactions: BDLS and Winterhome