Why do Missile/Pulse Weapons destroy docked cores inside the ship?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Fixed explosions? Hope so!

I'd love even a placeholder missile explosion effect while we wait for the real thing. Just recycle the pulse effect but make it less opaque and the color of the missile. Battles would look way more flashy. Do missiles explode or just vanish when shot down by point defense?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Fixed explosions? Hope so!

I'd love even a placeholder missile explosion effect while we wait for the real thing. Just recycle the pulse effect but make it less opaque and the color of the missile. Battles would look way more flashy. Do missiles explode or just vanish when shot down by point defense?
    i think they have a small little explosion. barely noticeable tho

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    i think they have a small little explosion. barely noticeable tho
    Yeah they have that tiny pixel animation. We need glorious destruction spheres that match the radius of damage

Curious if they still do the radius damage when shot down by pd though

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Personally, I think that tiny explosion is the from the cannon shot, not the missile.

The new missile thing is in the Dev build now btw, Crusade has been testing and sampling it for chat.

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    So in the dev build does it just prevent missiles from killing stuff behind other blocks? or did they make other changes to them as well

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    So in the dev build does it just prevent missiles from killing stuff behind other blocks? or did they make other changes to them as well
    Well, look at the twitter post Trydeth linked

If the wireframe is the "explosion" and the hull is the ship hit, you can see how the radius is wrapped around what it hit. Should be interesting.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Anything that helps missiles make better sense balance wise in relation to the other weapon systems is a good change in my book. I'm looking forward to this update.