Where did all the playerbase and faction fun go?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I see a lot of people blaming the Mods for getting rid of shit when its gone to far. I think that is pretty stupid.

Don't blame people for doing their job. Blame the people that ended up forcing the mods to get involved.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I see a lot of people blaming the Mods for getting rid of shit when its gone to far. I think that is pretty stupid.

Don't blame people for doing their job. Blame the people that ended up forcing the mods to get involved.
    Because every single argument, flame war and drama scene between rival factions require moderator intervention? I fully support the mods if they censor a troll who spams obscene or universally offensive content on a thread, but as far as intervening with politics between factions I think it is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't blame the mods who are just doing their job, I blame the idiot who made them turn this forum into a circle jerk and the refuse to do anything even when it's so obvious something is wrong.

Reaction score
    2 CENT DONATION INCOMING!!!!!

Based on the current state of the faction side of the forums that i have observed, i reckon the mods need to lay off just a tiny bit, not all together just a bit

As someone who has witnessed a lot of flame in EVE Online AND StarMade i reckon i have some knowledge on the subject.
    First of all lets compare the EVE Online forums to the StarMadeDock and the games themselves

(Badly Drawn Table Incoming)

Now lets expand on these key points

First lets talk about the games themselves:
    EVE Online has lots of tactics and strategic crap, StarMade does not, the first thing we need to do in this game is to add stratergy, imho that should be in the form of things eve does like remote repairs, tackling mechanics (warp disruption, slowing down ships), sensor dampening (so they cant see radar blips or lock on with missiles), MAKE SMALL SHIPS USEFUL!, Fleet management (fleet waypoints fleet warps, squads, wings, chain of command), Take eves POS mechanics (when damaged enough they burn up a certain material, once that runs out they become vulnerable) and put them on homebases,

Once that is done that will draw in players then a player based economy will be possible

After that optimize big fleet battles so they don't lag

And now onto the forums, the big rule here
    DO WHAT EVE DOES
    Don't enforce a no fun rule, allow faction bickering, its good for business and encouraging fighting in game!

2 CENT DONATION OVER!

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Might actually be a good idea to look back on when we ourselves were new, what did we want? What did we do? What did we like? What actually happened, was this a good or bad thing?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Might actually be a good idea to look back on when we ourselves were new, what did we want? What did we do? What did we like? What actually happened, was this a good or bad thing?
    I think you'll find this to be a majority view amongst the remaining veterans, but here goes.

When I was new... I wanted to build shit.
    And I did. For years. Waiting for things to DO with whatever I made. Things that generally don't absolutely require massive multiplayer servers.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I did exactly what you just said, asking myself those questions. The result? I stopped playing. Haha

Reactions: Ithirahad

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd just like to point out that very few no people are banned over the "flame war" actions. Hell, people permabanned for faction reasons at all in the past year can be counted on one hand. Blackhawk, Zoro, and RedAlert. Anyone I'm missing? And I'm not even sure if it's a permaban for Red, or just a 6 month one.

There is a difference between flame and arguments (which, btw, are also rarely actually deleted by the mods, unless the situation is massively out of control), and being a doxxing dick who is a legitimate detriment to the game's community.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I'd just like to point out that very few no people are banned over the "flame war" actions. Hell, people permabanned for faction reasons at all in the past year can be counted on one hand. Blackhawk, Zoro, and RedAlert. Anyone I'm missing? And I'm not even sure if it's a permaban for Red, or just a 6 month one.

There is a difference between flame and arguments (which, btw, are also rarely actually deleted by the mods, unless the situation is massively out of control), and being a doxxing dick who is a legitimate detriment to the game's community.
    The mods do step in a fuckton though, even if the bickering is all about in-game stuff. They don't issue warning points or bans but the threads still get locked or are filled with moderator warnings. Imo they should let us argue and just delete personal insults. You won't get much conflict (fun) if only rainbows and flowers are tolerated...

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thryn don't count; their rainbows are FOR conflict... No worries Jaas.

Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Reaction score

DISCLAIMER: Don't take this as a personal attack Lecic, im only trying to add another 2 cent donation onto your statement.

I this heard from a somewhat reliable source (key wording is
    somewhat), that some youtuber called Aceface that he was supposedly permanently banned with no chance of appeal because of a picture he posted in chat, that someone took as a personal attack, i didn't see the picture myself, and i may have not got all the information, but unless that picture was a direct personal attack or some kind of racial slur, i don't think that sounds reasonable, although perhaps if someone could show me this picture i may be less defensive, but that's just what i was told.

Also, concerning mods "rarely deleting posts that contain flaming", i have witnesses otherwise, heres a screeny of something i saw that i would consider and argument (aka no doxxing or direct attacks)
    I managed to get this about a few seconds before it was deleted, don't get me wrong, i am not liking what i see, especially at the end however for the most part it looks like someone posting a counter-argument to a statement.
    https://gyazo.com/cef11f176b59ac5c6de0c2af001ab737
    And your doxxing statement, when i was doxxed on a 3d modeling forum i simply got over it and learned from my mistakes, changed privacy settings, requested content be taken down by contacting the website owners that kind of thing, not that i was not pissed off about it, i was very pissed, but according to your history of factions Google document, it happened a fair while ago, imho if i were in your position i would do what i just said i did to myself and get over it, i don't mean to be mean here but learn from your mistakes and get over it although if you don't want to that's fair enough, but after the incident that i had my friend refereed me to his social worker, who introduced me to that catastrophe scale, if you don't know what i am talking about it essential is a scale from 0-100 that helps you put things into perspective, for me, it could have been a lot worse, that incident scored me 7 on that scale because it could have been a lot worse.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    some youtuber called Aceface that he was supposedly permanently banned with no chance of appeal because of a picture he posted in chat
    He had 11 or so points (and clearly stated it on his profile) when he continually tried to piss off another member, and I think he got a single warning point for trolling or something. Because he had so many points already, that pushed him over the edge into a six month ban.

Some shenanigans he tried to pull while he was on that six month ban turned it into a permaban, but I don't know what happened exactly.

Reaction score
    He had 11 or so points when he continually tried to piss off another member, and I think he got a single warning point for trolling or something. Because he had so many points already, that pushed him over the edge into a six month ban.

Some shenanigans he tried to pull while he was on that six month ban turned it into a permaban, but I don't know what happened exactly.
    Ok, that makes a bit more sense

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    DISCLAIMER: Don't take this as a personal attack Lecic, im only trying to add another 2 cent donation onto your statement.

somewhat), that some youtuber called Aceface that he was supposedly permanently banned with no chance of appeal because of a picture he posted in chat, that someone took as a personal attack, i didn't see the picture myself, and i may have not got all the information, but unless that picture was a direct personal attack or some kind of racial slur, i don't think that sounds reasonable, although perhaps if someone could show me this picture i may be less defensive, but that's just what i was told.

Also, concerning mods "rarely deleting posts that contain flaming", i have witnesses otherwise, heres a screeny of something i saw that i would consider and argument (aka no doxxing or direct attacks)
    I managed to get this about a few seconds before it was deleted, don't get me wrong, i am not liking what i see, especially at the end however for the most part it looks like someone posting a counter-argument to a statement.
    https://gyazo.com/cef11f176b59ac5c6de0c2af001ab737
    And your doxxing statement, when i was doxxed on a 3d modeling forum i simply got over it and learned from my mistakes, changed privacy settings, requested content be taken down by contacting the website owners that kind of thing, not that i was not pissed off about it, i was very pissed, but according to your history of factions Google document, it happened a fair while ago, imho if i were in your position i would do what i just said i did to myself and get over it, i don't mean to be mean here but learn from your mistakes and get over it although if you don't want to that's fair enough, but after the incident that i had my friend refereed me to his social worker, who introduced me to that catastrophe scale, if you don't know what i am talking about it essential is a scale from 0-100 that helps you put things into perspective, for me, it could have been a lot worse, that incident scored me 7 on that scale because it could have been a lot worse.
    Yes Aceface was banned because he harassed me but then again it was not because of that.
    The only reason that Aceface got that 6 month ban was because that the report I made on him gave him just enough points to get banned yet again, the only reason he is permanently banned is because he flooded the wiki with pictures of the developers. or something like that.
    oh almost forgot, it was not about the picture itself but more about how Ace kept going on with it even after I asked him to stop numerous times, even the mods asked him to stop and he continued. I reported him and he got a 6 month ban

Last edited:
    Reactions: Chevalleis

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Ace was banned for completely non-faction reasons, and that from what I've heard it's was only a 6 month ban until he decided to vandalize the wiki. He was harassing another member for quite some time despite being asked NUMEROUS times by mods and the player himself to stop.

heres a screeny of something i saw
    Where, exactly?

learn from your mistakes and get over it
    How about you fuck off? I'm allowed to continue to be angry at people for revealing real life information about me against my permission, people who still laugh about it and the other doxxes they did when they crawl into chat with an alt, because they don't seem to get the Permabanned Means Permabanned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree, the players are dwindling and even though the site apparently reports more visitors, we see less activity on servers and less flow of new players. I would like to see some of the faction drama come back, but let it be contained within the faction areas. We need a 'bad guy' to cause a stir and push the community along. A peaceful world is a boring world.
    im up for being the "bad guy" XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Honestly, what has killed the faction scene is a multitude of things.

1. Over-Moderation, regardless of how we look at there have been moderators censoring certain people while allowing things to slip by simply because of their relation to that person.

2. Abuse of Reporting, essentially when either side says something that enrages the other side they are quick to click tools and report in an effort to harm a faction or person through reporting....basically any "Flame" that may arise

3. Personal Attacks, This goes for both sides as I have seen both sides do so. Noone is innocent in this and at what point did we resort to degrading people rather than degrading armor.

We have taken a game meant to provide thrill through conflict and building and turned into a giant soap opera. It is no fun to log onto this anymore because we have to watch everything we say for fear of stepping on the wrong egg shell. We no longer solve conflicts through fighting, rather than bashing people in chat and getting them "banned." The faction scene from years ago had true leaders. Leaders that understood you had to walk the walk if you talked the talk. I wish the moderators would just ignore factions tab, factions would fight each other, and drama shit would stop. Sure, brag about your victories. This is what empowers factions to retaliate but to insult and degrade the very being behind the ship rather than the faction behind it is rediculous.

Reaction score
    How about you fuck off? I'm allowed to continue to be angry at people for revealing real life information about me against my permission, people who still laugh about it and the other doxxes they did when they crawl into chat with an alt, because they don't seem to get the Permabanned Means Permabanned.
    I never said you were not allowed to be angry -_-
    And swearing at me when i am trying to put things into perspective is not the way to go, if you had a problem with what i said, i would be more than happy to address your concern if you asked nicely, rather than having an angry moment when i am trying to make a point.

But you make yourself out to be someone who wants to bring in more players, and yet your telling them to "fuck off"?
    That is very hypocritical, i try to remain a neutral 3rd party here, but your not making yourself look like the "good guy" or the "victim" you advertise to be.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I never said you were not allowed to be angry -_-
    get over it,
    Yes you did. You specifically told me to stop being angry about it.

I managed to get this about a few seconds before it was deleted,
    I find it interesting that a supposedly new player managed to snag a picture of something I believe was posted before they joined the forums.

But you make yourself out to be someone who wants to bring in more players, and yet your telling them to "fuck off"?
    That is very hypocritical, i try to remain a neutral 3rd party here, but your not making yourself look like the "good guy" or the "victim" you advertise to be.
    I'm pretty sure I can tell someone to fuck off when they're sticking their nose in my business that they weren't involved with, especially when they tell me I should "get over it" because it's "not a big deal that you and other's personal privacy was violated multiple times by people who clearly have no regrets."