What's with the pirate station 'tentacles?'

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Or a giant, biological creature simply called the breadnaught due to it's fairly yeast-like consistency.

Or maybe the Breadnaught is a virus, and is what's growing around the stations. The pirates aren't pirates, they're inftected with a sentient, sociopath, monomaniacal space-virus.

THE OPTIONS ARE LIMITLESS.
    Brillliant, StarMade has been infected by the Flood.

Reaction score
    Some day i want to see some like that at starmade.

I seriously want to make a joke about decouplers on future space technologies, but that's too obvious.

Anyway, I figured out what the two rings on the station are for. They're centrifuges. They don't know how to operate many technologies, because they are fungi. So how do they get to deep space without knowing how to build these ships? Simple. Here is a bedtime story for you people, also I'm probably going to make it long, so remove the nails:

So, on the way though a peaceful galaxy, an isanth noticed a alien planet was not far off course. So, he thought, he could just be a little longer. So he went there, and noticed something different: instead of the regular tentacles, there where some colourful ones. He shot one open to see what happened. a mist came out, so he was not impressed. He flew back to the station, but on the way a tentacle creeped out of the storage. It was a baby pirate.

Nobody knows what happened, some say its somehow tore him apart but others say it strangled him. Either way, it took over the ship and spread its spores thought the station. When the crew found out, they evacuated the station. The only way to stop it was to burn the station, but that was impossible from the fact their was no air. Anyways, the baby pirate entered a build block and, based on what he could figure out from scientific logs on the station, built it into his own.

He also used to resouces on the station to mass-produce isanths, the only thing he knew. The turrets where reprogramed to destory anythign not made by him. The zero-g enviroment affect the growth of pirates, making it look a bit diffrent. Due to mistaking them for food, pirates commonly "eat" ice crystals. This make what we know today as "tentacles" on pirate ships.

Our first clue is they one have one ship: the isanth. Its horrible, has limited shielding and is easy to hijack. So there's the possession of a isanth part. Next, we see the pirate stations are different from the normal ones. That means they are taking over different stations.

Why only these stations? clearly they only do these ones because the other ones are not defended, therefore their somewhat limited intelligence labels them as asteroids, no need to do that. The tentacles, on further examination are quite different. Likely because of a zero-g environment

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I think that the reason they are tentacles is that because it's generated procedurally, and tentacles are easier to generate than other stuff (like debris) that way.

Reaction score
    I think that the reason they are tentacles is that because it's generated procedurally, and tentacles are easier to generate than other stuff (like debris) that way.
    You have no imagination. I'm assuming you think the reason they made power blocks not mention what they are power by is because it's easier to ignore it, right? I hope that schema doesn't have this mindset, because that would mean starmade is jumping into the volcano headfirst in a parka.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You have no imagination. I'm assuming you think the reason they made power blocks not mention what they are power by is because it's easier to ignore it, right? I hope that schema doesn't have this mindset, because that would mean starmade is jumping into the volcano headfirst in a parka.
    For better or worse, Rhino, that's kinda-sorta-but-not-really-but-kinda why. Schema doesn't seem to care very much about creating any kind of concrete backstory, he just makes a few vague 'demo' story elements to show off some of the capabilities of the game, and lets the players create all of the actual story for a given server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like that we can all make our own story though, perfect for the sandbox setting imo

Reactions: Iskandar
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Well, I don't see how that has anything to do with tentacles...
    Could I please request clarification?