What're You working on? [Closed]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But I think I\'ll go ahead and post a project of mine anyway. I always thought that the basic stations were really neat, but relatively ugly in terms of design, and extremly poor in actual use. So, I decided to fix that and retrofit the damn things. It\'s still a work in progress, but the majority of it is finished.

http://imgur.com/a/GkCDS#1

Reaction score
    I think that\'s what they\'re called. No guarantee that the crew will contain anyone named Zor. Either way, this is a nice shot of the VFW Anthem-class Heavy Cruiser currently under construction in a 3rd-rate poverty-stricken hell-hole. As you can see, it contains truely stupendous amounts of yellow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    My newest WIP. It\'s a carrier (obviously) armed with turrets and guided missiles (not yet implented). So far I\'m at 13000 mass. I guess I need a help with naming it. My tips are Surtur (as my old project) or Black August (I accidentaly deleted my Starmade folder in August and lost all my ships, old Surtur project included).

Top view:

Bottom view, smile for the camera. The belly isn\'t done yet but you can check the first set of engines:

Front shot. You can see two fighter catapults, main navigation arrays (with beacon light) and auxiliary sensors on the sides (with the red lights and blast shields on the catapult side):

This shape is terrible. I need to fix it. Any advices or alternatives?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    My current project. A Vagyr Battle Cruiser from Homeworld 2. Coming to about half a million blocks and reaching to over nearly 900 metres in length. The super structure is finished, with just a few details to sort out, but the next hurdle is the interior and making it space and combat worthy. The finished product will have a Trinity Cannon, 4 pulse laser cannons, 5 Hull Defense Guns and a compliment of over 20-30 Assault Craft stored in the hanger bay.

Reaction score
    I\'m actually working on a base for my spawn :

tThis is a home base with severals houses and trading post. She is build on a standard shop

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That base is awesome. Mine seems quite piddling in comparison to a lot of projects I see. I\'ve been trying to make a *rough* scale replica of the Discovery One ship from 2001: A Space Odyssey;

Reaction score
    From Right to left: Tirdiz Light Cruiser MKIII, Argorator Dreadnought MKII (reclassified, first of the series) and Cordand Heavy Cruiser, which is still WIP.

Reaction score
    Here\'s a light carrier I\'ve been working on; wil be about 750 blocks long, and uses mainly turrets for defense. Will be a large drone bay I haven\'t started working on yet. Note: fighters are about 30~50 blocks long and drones 10.

Oh, plus, that round/circle thing near the bottom is a turret, just haven\'t given it a place to dock.

Can you help me think of a good name?

Reaction score
    Random ship I\'m working on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwxysnqimy4pcop/BAck%20unfinished.png

The backs nearly done, although I still need to do the rest

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Surtur progresss goes well. I\'m gonna keep RP stuff in secret until the ship is done and has it\'s own topic.

Transporting drop pods. Ship markings will be covered ofcourse.

Drop pods lined up in their launch bays. There are two rows of the launch bays, yellow and blue, ten pods each. I try to build my things reasonable so the pods are fully enterable by 3 players total. You can see the thrusters with steering fins. The plex doors are nice texture for the shock absorbers and you enter the module through pair of them. The bottom of the pod contains shock bumper and heat cover for atmosphere entrance. It has very limited shields too.

View on the total progress. I added wedges almost everywhere (except the inner part of the plating yet), name and some color elements to break the dull grey. I also fixed that shape between fron part and hangar bay. You can also notice CIWS Varyag turrets. Five of them have already proved in combat when I accidentaly lured pirates into the vicinity of the shop.

Closer look on the CIWS Varyag system. CIWS stands for Close-In Weapon System (google it). The Varyag were vikings serving as a mercenary guardians and bodyguards of the noblemen and royal families so I guess the name is quite suiting. They are armed with twin AMCs and some shields. The white part is the targeting radar.

This is what\'s below the lifts (the yellow framed parts on the flight deck). I\'m going to build small landing strip for small crafts between the lift pistons so the bottom docks can be used without moving the lift platform.

Sorry for the massive post, but I\'m just happy with the results.

Reaction score
    ...are single handedly the most terrifying thing ever. I tip my hat to you, good sir.

Reaction score
    Damn them side projects always distracting me from everything.

Anyway, the fighter and bomber is done.

Firefly-class fighter:

And the Drakon-class bomber:

Rear view of the Drakon: