What is the largest know ship ever made?

Reaction score
    According to this page http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor-class_Star_Dreadnought the super star destroyer from the Star wars movies was over 19km long!!!

I think there are plenty of 1km long ships in starmade already, but has anybody tried to actually create a real super star destroyer? Is it even possible?

What is the largest/longest ship ever made that you are aware of?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    keptic's capital ship the charron is the largest ship i beleave. but it is not public

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    biggets ship i have ever built was 4 million blocks and 250 metres long. quite far from 1km xD

takethispie

Titan-class builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    the Spyrius
    lenght: 1988 m
    height: 213 m
    width: 821 m
    33 000 000 blocks and about 45% finished
    but the building of this ship has stopped a while ago xD

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Depends. There's plenty of extremely massive bricks and half-assed ships out there that are longer than 2km. There's also replicas, like skylord luke's infinity, which are pretty freaking big. As for original ships? I'm not too sure. But my ship is probably up there in the biggest original ships with acceptable looks.

As for a super star destroyer, the game just couldn't support the full thing.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Crusade has started several ~2.5km long ships, each to never be finished for different reasons.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Here's two of the biggest hand-made ships in starmade (note that not all the chunks are loaded cause it exceeded the 20k limit):

• Bottom: Vengeance (from startrek into darkness), being built by the members of the starfleet faction.
    • Middle: Charon (1.3km long, original). By me, still being built.
    • Top: Silmaril (340 meters long, original). Also by me. It's the ship in my signature.
    Thanks to Deadlis 's monster computer for taking the picture without dying.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Off topic: We should be able to sort ships by more integers, for example block count, ship power, size etc...

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    How do you know? There could be bigger ones. Have you seen Omegacybran 's ragnarov? It's frikken huge as well.
    I said "two of the biggest", not "the two biggest" :P. And yea, I've seen the ragnarov. It's definitely up there in the non-original huge ship pantheon (It's a ship from "sins of a solar empire").

Reaction score
    Nice pictures guys!

Is there some kind of size or block limit to how big the ships you make can be? I know there are on some multiplayer serves, but is the same true in singleplayer?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Nice pictures guys!

Is there some kind of size or block limit to how big the ships you make can be? I know there are on some multiplayer serves, but is the same true in singleplayer?
    Depends on how big your computer is. I know that some people can handle ships that are as big as the vengeance or the charon, but mine can only handle ships up to 3 million blocks :P

Reactions: darknassius
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Here's two of the biggest hand-made ships in starmade (note that not all the chunks are loaded cause it exceeded the 20k limit):

• Bottom: Vengeance (from startrek into darkness), being built by the members of the starfleet faction.
    • Middle: Charon (1.3km long, original). By me, still being built.
    • Top: Silmaril (340 meters long, original). Also by me. It's the ship in my signature.
    Thanks to Deadlis 's monster computer for taking the picture without dying.
    I imagine that Valhalla would look pretty in there with those two as well. As Keptick alluded to in an earlier post, you would kind of need to define what a "ship" actually is. I could go out right now and build a 5KM long block of components surrounded by some armor and call it a ship I suppose but who really wants to troll about the galaxy in a Vogon constructor? Whether a replica or an original design I would have to think that unless some esthetic is applied then all you really have is a space brick. I don't recall seeing any space bricks in the trailer for the game at any rate.

Reactions: Asvarduil
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Dimensions are limited to 2^32 on each axis, the blueprint filling however is only possible for up to 2^31-1 of each kind of block.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    In terms of what the game is capable of handling, I would say going beyond 5 km long has the chance to break anyone's computer.

I spawned in an imported model of the Aeon from EVE online. You'll see a screenshot of the ship as well as one indicating where I was. This ship not only couldn't be loaded in entirely, which is expected, but it also started to glitch out pretty bad. It would flicker in and out of view. Eventually it crashed the game. Even if it isn't rendering the ship, it is still doing physics calculations. I'm betting it could have bumped into an asteroid.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Heh, reminds me of times when my Blizzard was considered huge... Now there are ships twice the size of it for sure.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Although the Ragnarov that I made is very long, Im sure there are some bigger ships by now. But I do think it was the biggest ship back in 2013. Because thats when I finished it. It was actually my first real ship builds and alot of blocks that we can use for decorations now were not avaible back then. So who know, I might redesign the Ragnarov, or even make something bigger.....

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    How long does it take to design a ship that big in real world time assuming you spend 2 hours a day doing it?