What are your plans for the rails?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    anti personnal turrets patrolling in main areas (station)
    Hangar doors
    something like the tram in dead space (for big big bases)
    Moving thrusters (even if just for the look :()
    Retracting turrets like everyone
    A spaceship elevator

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Giant hand so you can bitchslap the newbs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Assuming they have any semblance to what I'm imagining:
    Pop-up turrets
    Elevators
    Fighter (drone) launchers/doors
    Landing Gear
    Retractable Docking Corridor
    Cargo Bay Lifts/doors

A big one for me, I want to have a pad that extends down from the hull when a ship is resting on the planet. A player stands on the pad, it drops down to the planet, the player wanders off to explore, comes back, stands on the pad, and it retracts back up into the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Specific plans I have are a station wide transit system and rotating rings for a massive station I'm working on. Additionally, what I'm most excited to do is make the warp nacelles on the USS Voyager I'm working on rotate up like in the show when it gets ready to go into warp and maybe update my StarViper replica to have swing out guns and folding wings. It also goes without saying that working elevators are going on any ship I make that has decks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Specific plans I have are a station wide transit system and rotating rings for a massive station I'm working on. Additionally, what I'm most excited to do is make the warp nacelles on the USS Voyager I'm working on rotate up like in the show when it gets ready to go into warp and maybe update my StarViper replica to have swing out guns and folding wings. It also goes without saying that working elevators are going on any ship I make that has decks.
    I don't know if you are just looking for the appearance of working warp nacelles, or if you want them to actually power/move the ship. Unless they change the way docked entities work, your warp nacelles won't provide any thrust to the main ship.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I don't know if you are just looking for the appearance of working warp nacelles, or if you want them to actually power/move the ship. Unless they change the way docked entities work, your warp nacelles won't provide any thrust to the main ship.
    Its just the look for moving nacelles, its one of the key features of the ship, and getting it in starmade would be awesome.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It's just the looks, but I'd like for them to actually work (also warp nacelles don't provide thrust in Trek, they'd be full of jump drive modules. Impulse engines are what give thrust.) Do we know if rails are going to be useable without having the moving parts be a separate entity? It would be pretty lame if moving parts had their own separate stats that don't contribute to the ship and even worse the fact that they'd have that ugly floating gap docked turrets have now. In my mind I assumed that whatever is attached to the rail would be flush and not a separate entity.

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm going to build turrets with rails on them so that the barrels move back and forth, that way they look like their firing.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I could finally be able to safely undock my pod while moving, without lagging my server or getting the pod jammed in strange positions :)
    YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I could finally be able to safely undock my pod while moving, without lagging my server or getting the pod jammed in strange positions :)
    YES. YES!

This little metal toy sits on my desk.

Can't wait to see more progress shots of the build! If you haven't, please do make a shipyard thread, i'm super curious.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold

Too bad the movie in '04 completely killed the franchise for this generation

Reactions: kupu

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I USED TO HVE THAT WITH THIS THING

No way! You were loved as a child.

I tried to follow the Blue Peter instructions to make my own every other weekend and subsequently rampage around in a gluey mess upon inevitably failing. :)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Question for kupu, is Omni implementing rock snakes into the creature generation for mars planets?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    -Tank treds
    -Space elevator
    -Mechs
    -Giant, intergalactic finger to poke yo gurl
    -Rail launched missile
    -Old school train for getting around on planets

therimmer96

Reaction score
    No way! You were loved as a child.

I tried to follow the Blue Peter instructions to make my own every other weekend and subsequently rampage around in a gluey mess upon inevitably failing. :)
    the poor thing was destroyed when my little brother tripped and fell on it. I shall never forgive him.