What 3 features would you most like to see added to Starmade?

Wow.

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Dodecahedron planets. The generation has no consistency over segments, making planets look extremely malformed. They take a ridiculously long time to load, provide far less room to build on, and at the moment are buggy as hell. I for one was fine with the old cylindrical planets. There was tons of room to build on those. And now there's talk of multi-faction planets? Those planets are hardly big enough for a single faction, and you would almost never expect to see a faction within 5 kilometers of another, if that close.
    Finally somebody says it, they weren't all that great after all.... To be honest the only thing I like about them so far is the fact that they have a core (that can be destroyed), that's about it.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    1. Wheels
    2. Warp drives (I never felt so mainstream)
    3. More advanced AI

Reaction score
    Re: planet shapes

I don't think the dodecahedrons are very good right now, but I think they have room to become much better than the donuts. They allow for meaningful orbits, realistically looping terrain, omni-directional approach, and easily built multi-biome planets (which is something else I'd love to see). Yes, they're awkward and ugly right now, but I think they can get better, whereas donuts had pretty much plateaued (get it get it).

Just my opinion.