Weapon Computers crossing enties (Turrets)

Reaction score
    Greetings Fellow Captains,

I would like to see Weapons computers, both mains and secondary's be able to link to each other across entities.

This would allow for only one level of separation so that only computers in the turret barrel could be attached to computers in the turret chassis, but not to computers in the main ship. Also computers in the turret chassis could attach to computers in either the main ship and/or the turret barrel, but not to other turret chassis attached to the main ship.

Computers could not be linked to weapon modules in other entities, thus computers could link to other computers across entities, but their respective modules must be in their respective entity to function.

Simply put, when building a turret I would like to be able to place a main weapon computers and modules in the barrels (beam, Cannon, Missile) and have the secondary systems such as (beam/cannon/missile/punch/explos..etc) in the chassis of the turret. Similar effects already exist in game with wireless logic.

Pros: New and interesting ways to build both turrets and ships. Added levels of complexity for experienced Captains.

Cons: Exploitable (Thought most things are), could require an over haul of the weapons systems as we know them, issues with connection (this already happens with Wireless logic), Learning curve.

I'm certain there are other pro's and con's I missed, but if this was suggesting were possible I think it could add some depth to ship building, and even overall game play in the end.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The computer is:
    1. A control seat
    2. The thing you need to select to select which gun blocks work together.
    3. The logic input to fire a weapon
    For
    1. You could add a label which you can choose from a controller
    2. You could select the group by selecting a group member. Selecting something without group will create a new group
    3. You could input the logic to any group member

I don't know if it is necessary, but it would be a step forward.
    • Right now, computers are good to provide a weak-point to attack and to set a minimum cost for a weapon.
    • But they are bad by clogging up your inventory.
    • They are good again by providing trade options - or bad if you dislike the factory complexity.

Maybe display blocks could be universal computers and their text depends on the selected slaves … then you could control turrets via wireless display logic.
    1. [signal]fire
    2. [set_target_angle]0..360°pitch · current_yaw · current_roll
    3. [get_target_angle]× × ×
    It all depends on what :schema: chooses.