We need more Missiles!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    While playing around with all the different missiles i can create using the block behavior I've determined I don't have enough missiles! Using the already available variables you can make bombs, mines and different kinds of splitting and tracking missiles.

We can create so many different types of missiles but we only have 4 combos to do so!

I propose that the old missiles be reintroduced as master systems only so we can fill in the gaps.

Here are some examples:

BBs can be re-purposes into a whole line of tracking missiles

KBs can be turned into a whole bunch of different kind of bombs or mines. (Slow moving, high damage missiles)

So a break down of all the missiles.

Missile = works like it does now

Missile + AMC = short range, large radius

Missile + Missile = non tracking swarm

Missile + beam = long range, small radius

Missile + pulse = long range, slow travel time, large radius

BB = tracking version of the regular missile

BB + AMC = quick fire, low damage, quick reload

BB + Missile = auto tracking swarm missile ( like the missile + missile combo now)

BB + Beam = Long range, small radius, high damage

BB + pulse = Long range, slow moving high damage tracking nuke

KB (bombs) = in general very slow with limited range. Can also double as mines due to slow movement. Would have to be dropped by fighter onto larger ships. A little slower then the old missile speed. Would all have very long reload times and have high damage compared to everything else.

KB + AMC = auto tracking bomb, slow, high radius

KB + Missile = cluster bomb. Splits, large radius, slow.

KB + Beam = auto tracking bomb. Moves very slow. Small radius

KB + pulse = Nuke. Very limited range and movement speed. Extremely high damage and radius.

Again, with all the current ways to mod missiles, all the combos are already possible! We just need to extra space on the config sheet to do so =D

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Minelayers will be added in the future. (Bombs)

Also, I see 15 types of missiles as a bit much, no? And, the BB effect would make beams close to obsolete as a slave system.

Above all, it would introduce even more balancing issues. It sounds fancy and nice and all, but the last thing we want is more balancing. D:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    --EDIT--

OP removed because I was being a jerk.

Your right that 15 different missiles is too much. 5 additional slots would be more then enough.

I don't feel as if balancing would be an issue because the values are easily adjustable and the missiles/bombs would be very different from each other so there would not be any cross over.

Missile are the most complicated and varied weapon in the game. It just really sucks that we only have 4 slots in which to modify them.

I will refine the ideas in my OP to be less ridiculous.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Bombs are quite different then mines...
    Bombs = dropped onto stuff.

Mines = dropped into space and sit their till something bumps into them.

The missile + beam would wouldn't need to be a tracking missile anymore, it would be something else (duh?)

My point is there are so many different types of missiles possible, limiting us to only 4 is agonizing.

We can adjust:
    Range, radius, power consumption, reload, AI(tracking, auto lock, dumb fire), and split(cluster effect) changing any of these greatly effects how the missile behaves, more so then changing the values for other weapons. I would be very happy with just one additional missile system.

It sucks that missile have unique values like tracking and radius and we have such limits to how we can utilize them.

About balancing...

No final balancing has been done on anything yet. Schema is still adding new elements to the config files and all Calibri has done is to make things functional. Everyone really needs to stop complaining about balancing.
    I can agree on the fact that missiles have much more capabilities that can be unlocked through this. However, I am not complaining about the "balance" issues. What I meant, is that (for various reasons) Schine would most probably try to balance even more. And I prefer new stuff in the game over endless balancing.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I think that the different missiles are good, but could be done with the same missile systems, just given more access to missile behaviour. I disagree on mines and bombs, as they render the dis integrator effectively useless+ they shouldn't just spawn from guns, as mines are huge normally