How do you want Dis-integrators to be?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I was sick of my god_mode torpedo (for testing purposes) had dis-integrators explode thee times in quick progression

I also was sick of them letting my ship bounce of and denied others of the same ship to reach the target.

Thus I made them non-physical through my config and set up area triggers. Then I had the idea: dis-integrators which penetrate the hull and get activated by an area trigger when they are inside the core.

They neither explode:
    1. if they are docked
    2. if they are non-phyiscal
    They neither do damage
    1. if the explosion is not triggered by a collision
    2. if they don't explode because they are docked
    But I want to cover them in hull, make a nice looking torpedo which can tank a few seconds of damage and have them still damage the enemy ship.

What are your experiences with them?

EDIT: I have attached a simple blueprint for a 5x2y3z cannon - 7.5x3y3z with shells, +2z for a power cell + thruster.

Now you can aim, switch to build mode, hit r and watch this awesome destruction!!!

EDIT2: I added a 4x5 array for 20 shells and 6 canonns + 6 push effect.

You hit a logic button and one shell un-docks. The un-dock event triggers the cannon.
    If you want more reliable shells, equip 2 dis-integrators on each core. starmade-screenshot-0004.png

Just 20 dis-integrators. (5 didn't explode so I used /destroy_entity on them) The planet core does not cause them to explode.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Krazykat
    Reaction score
    Disintegrators.
    Where do I start...
    I find them mildly useful, but for one thing.
    Banzai shenanigans. Making a loooooong ship, with a craptonne of those things and shields.
    RAMMING SPEED!

Reaction score
    When I originally saw the Disintegrators I thought, "Maybe I can make an AI controlled super-missile ship." First time I tried it, no avail, then I completely forgot about them.
    What I would like to see are Disintegrators that work similar to other blocks, more Disintegrators blocks the bigger and more powerful the explosion, with the connected Disintegrators detonating in a single massive explosion at the point of impact.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They are very balanced if you just fire many of them. But don't complain about lag.

I fired them at an old doom-pyramid design which was pretty superior with the 2014-03-10 release on sun-world. A single core with 2 dis-integrators caused the shield to drop by 25%.
    The fifth blowed massive holes into the hull... very OP if they are launched fast enough to explode on the target multiple times before they kill themselves (I guess this is a bug when the explosion deals 200 damage to all blocks instead of 200 total and apply the total to the shield, dunno).

What I would like to see are Disintegrators that work similar to other blocks, more Disintegrators blocks the bigger and more powerful the explosion, with the connected Disintegrators detonating in a single massive explosion at the point of impact.
    Just fire more independent ones. The impact speed is what matters the most (maybe a multi-explosion bug?). Like with shotguns.

Do you have any idea about balance?

Reaction score
    I think Disintegrators should also function as block multipliers. Renamed like, "Volatile Optimizer" or something.

Have one adjacent to your shield/power recharger/capacitor or next to weapon/effect/etc. and get a bonus bigger than if that disintegrator were a true and not an imitation of the block.

This would be a space saving way to make more efficient compact designs.... with the oh-so minor downside of blasting a giant crater in your own system if ever hit. Should create risk/reward advantages/drawbacks for all ships, large and small. "Let's see, engineers: More Efficient = More Explosive?"

Oh, and make disintegrators entirely unshieldable (not sure if they are already, will have to play with them some more), so that people will want to bury them deep down inside the system.