We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It's a Borg Unicomplex, a la ST: Voyager. So, 100% Borg-assembled.
    I watched a few episodes of voyager about 8 years ago, I should really get back into it :P

By the way Vakna , are you part of the borg faction?

Last edited by a moderator:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I honestly do think that the swarmers fire too many though, I mean from 1 projectile to 20 by adding an effect? Would be better at like 5 projectiles per swarm module group.
    You can do that by simply making the slave 1/4 of the master system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Im working on a Borg Cube on my own for about two days now,
    how do you like my alpha builds?

BorgCube is 310x310x310
    but not Finished yet.

2 big Hangars with Spheres in it

It has got Alkoves and some Interior.

If you like it please send me a Reply

Greez BiGEdge

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Im working on a Borg Cube on my own for about two days now,
    how do you like my alpha builds?

BorgCube is 310x310x310
    but not Finished yet.

2 big Hangars with Spheres in it

It has got Alkoves and some Interior.

If you like it please send me a Reply

Greez BiGEdge
    You should have made your own thread.
    Anyways that looks so badass from a distance.

Reactions: MossyStone48

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    BiGEdge Unnamed25
    I agree, you really should just edit that and repost it in the right place. But it is impressive as all get-out.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    hey vanka can i use your idea for the immortals adaptive shield units?

Reaction score
    Hey guys, I know it's been some time since my last update, just wanted to drop by and let anyone interested in my project know the current situation. My job requires me to work ~70 hour weeks during summer so I was finding it very difficult to get some time to play Starmade, and eventually just gave up trying. I simply do not have time to play games during these few months. So I've put the entire thing on a temporary hiatus for summer. Will most likely resume sometime in early September, hopefully there will be lots of new stuff for me to poke around with by then also, been kinda out of touch for the last couple patches, I heard we have signs now? :O

Anyways, have a great summer everybody, see you in a month or so!

hey vanka can i use your idea for the immortals adaptive shield units?
    Might be a bit late replying but of course you can dude, not exactly a complicated idea so I can't claim ownership of the concept, it's just a solid block of defensive elements on a turret dock.

Reaction score
    Hey guys, got a few days off work and decided to have a poke around some of the new Starmade stuff and check out the new blocks available. Started refitting my Vortex Class, which looked pretty shitty for a finished ship, and was the only one I didn't actually enjoy creating. After doing a bit of trial and error though I got a bit used to building over a voxel sphere - which is incredibly tedious by the way, everything has to be built block by block because of the constantly shifting dimensions. Symmetry helps immensely, but it still takes an annoyingly long time.

Still, I've had some fun recreating the Vortex. This incarnation is going to be used as a support ship for my WIP Borg Titan (the Tetragon design I showed some time back), and will focus heavily on Electronic Warfare - lots of rapid fire missile ports with effects like webbing and power damage. There will also be some pretty heavy logic systems to automate several sets of weaponry for simultaneous and constant fire whilst the pilot can focus on another system. Four of these new Vortex Spheres will be docked inside the Titan's main hangar.

It's been fun to work on so far and I enjoyed messing around with the new decoration blocks, I was pretty damn hyped about the green circuit blocks, but they turned out to be extremely underwhelming, given that they are annoyingly transparent and are lackluster as hell in looks unless some light source is behind them. They also look awful on any setting except max texture detail.

Here's a couple of pictures, still unfinished but I quite like the way this hull looks compared to my first attempt at decorating a sphere.

And here's a very early version of what my new internal corridors will look like, tons of detailing left to do but that's the basic wall design. Lighting is of course temporary, just stuck some down in random places to see what I was doing in the dark. The floor will have metal grills and meshes when decorating starts.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    Here's a peek at the logic room of the new Vortex under construction, each automated processor is stored in seperate "server blades". Which do you guys think looks better as the filling for the blades, the wire mesh, or the green circuitry? The circuit blocks I'm using are "Active Bastyn Processor" and have a neat animation along the board lines that look like electrical currents, too bad they're so transparent.

Reaction score
    circutry all the way but heres and idea you could have a one block space inbetween the blades and have mash walkways for the borg

Reaction score
    circutry all the way but heres and idea you could have a one block space inbetween the blades and have mash walkways for the borg
    There is actually a 3 block space between each logic blade, like to have a bit of wiggle room for maintenance. The deck floors will be changed when I start doing all the internal decorating.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Out of curiosity, what does each of the blades do?

Reaction score
    Out of curiosity, what does each of the blades do?
    The ones in the screenshot above are part of a set that automates rapid fire EMP bursts, causing power damage to enemy ships they hit, not accurate enough for fighters, they're a support feature to weaken larger vessels.

There is also a second set with basically the same logic set up that automates periodic broadside bursts of anti-fighter swarm missiles that have a webbing effect to slow down or stop impacted vessels, in addition to causing small amounts of damage - though enough to hurt fighters.

That's it for the automated weaponry for now, until I come up with more ideas that fit. I'm also gonna try some logic systems for internal aesthetics, like area triggers that operate lights when you enter corridors. A "play dead" mode that turns off all the lights externally is a possibility, though probably isn't worth it. I'm also gonna try one of Bench's ideas from his logic tutorials, creating a "holographic image" of the ship in the command area that has flashing lights to indicate areas of damage on the outer hull and internal bulkheads.

I'm having tons of fun with logic systems and will probably incorporate it heavily into all my ships from now on, apart from maybe the small ones with little space.

Reaction score
    Just finished and uploaded my rebuilt Vortex Class, only took a couple days and was pretty fun, especially messing around with some cool logic circuits. Here's a pic of the MK I and MK II side by side. I think my aesthetics have improved a bit? xD I will endeavour as always to become a better builder!

Reaction score
    The next ship I'm updating is the old Assimilator Class mining vessel. Only spending a bit of time here and there on it but the current concept for the MK II rebuild is that the entire ship is being redesigned, instead of a normal Borg Cube like the MK I, the rebuild is a cylindrical shape similar to the command ship from STO - but not too similar. This is going to be my first attempt at making a Borg ship that doesn't actually exist in the ST universe, I've also got some ideas for others later on.

I don't have any "in progress" pictures to share right now, it still looks like a rather boring plain cylinder at the moment so you're not missing anything. The new Assimilator will be dubbed a "Planetcracker". The Borg have a new philosophy when it comes to mining for raw materials, they deem it more resource cost efficient to outright destroy a world and salvage the resultant chunks of planetary crust - rather than strip mine the surface from a low orbit. This process eliminates heavy gravitational interference, and also gives the new Assimilator roles in other areas if needed. This is achieved because the Assimilator MK II is literally built around a gigantic beam cannon capable of blowing up planets, in a fleet combat situation the Assimilator mining ship can be deployed as a devastating anti-capital weapon. Though that situation comes with high risk, as the mining vessel is much weaker defensively than typical Borg ships, and lacks any anti-fighter capabilities, or any weapon systems other than the planetcracker cannon.

Also doing a bit of work on some Transwarp conduits ready for the future FTL patch!