WarpGate Enhancements

Should this be added and/or Replace WarpGates?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
    • Yes, but suggestion needs tweaking

• Don't Know

Votes: 1 14.3%
    • No, I don't agree with this

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Now, I come up with brilliant ideas about everyday, some I throw on the table. Others still hang within my closet in the back-end of my mind. But, this one in particular is Unique I suppose.
    The idea is the implementation of StarGates, Similar to that of WarpGates currently in-game, the key differences with StarGates is that they require the use of what is known as a 'Dial-Home Device', which functions to coordinate with the gates to tell them what gate to link to in a certain order. Here is a Visual of what a Dial-Home Device looks like:
    . Each Button is a Glyph, but within StarMade could be changed to numbers in its 3D Block form, when right-clicked opens a interaction menu where you can Plot coords to where another known StarGate is and the DHD can tell the gate where to link.
    I believe this would make an excellent addition to the game, and would spice up planetary travel as well as between galaxys or systems with the way the StarGates could play a Major Role with turning the tables against friend or foe. To punch in a set of Glyphs or Coordinates into the DHD and see the StarGate turning its inner-rings and turning the chevrons on as it spins. When fully activated a burst of energy shots out and goes back in to form the portal to go through and instantly be brought to Hyper-space to travel there in real-time and not instantly, see the rings of light go by and when at the end big flash of light and there at the end.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've often wished for a DHD capability for our Warp Gates.
    Perhaps Schine could integrate the system of dialling into the new Display block functions.
    [doublepost=1479762598,1479762298][/doublepost]Sorry JumpSuit, your suggestion prompted me to think of and submit an alternative suggestion.
    Warp Gate DHD using Display Modules

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    I've often wished for a DHD capability for our Warp Gates.
    Perhaps Schine could integrate the system of dialling into the new Display block functions.
    [doublepost=1479762598,1479762298][/doublepost]Sorry JumpSuit, your suggestion prompted me to think of and submit an alternative suggestion.
    Warp Gate DHD using Display Modules
    I don't mean to sound rude, but isn't that stealing? Kinda screwed up... but at least you credited my suggestion, so your forgiven.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, sorry about that. I've found in the past that if you pitch and idea within somebody else's thread it sometimes goes unnoticed or get's lost. With it's own title I believe it can be picked up quicker.
    I do prefer having a new stargate as you suggest, but thought using existing mechanics would achieve the end result quicker. Also, using the terms and names from the franchise may cause issues for Schine. Which is where this would likely lead.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Also, using the terms and names from the franchise may cause issues for Schine
    Thats Lore, Schine could do some renaming, and terms are terms I see no reason why not add a StarGate term into the game or re-do the entire warp gate system and still have the titles WarpGates or even HyperGates. And for the idea of using DHD with display modules, that isn't a ideal use for display modules. It is a block to display passive text. I'd rather have a DHD be its on block like I said in the suggestion as thats really what it needs to be its own 3D block within the game.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It would be cool to have a proper DHD! Some kind of remote activation would be great to.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes, The DHD block linked to a wireless block perhaps?
    For remote activation I would prefer an interface to update destination coordinates, but using wireless logic would still be great for basic jumps as they are now.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    For remote activation I would prefer an interface to update destination coordinates, but using wireless logic would still be great for basic jumps as they are now.
    I am thinking that as well, its own gui.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Well that is always a possibility to do with the DHD block, I have been thinking more so and thought up a way to interfere with StarGate connections during the time you enter a set of coordinates where the StarGate is located on the other end. Although if another block was introduced or a current block is expanded upon to be able to interfere with a StarGate's signal. If intercepted, the StatGate would power down and the DHD would reset itself back to its inactive state and will have to wait for its cooldown time until it is ready to be activated again. the StarGate itself could be a Muti-block structure and when fully built would form a 3D StarGate. starGates run on a resource called : Naquadah, which is refined in a Naquadah generator to power StarGates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    But, this one in particular is Unique I suppose.
    I don't mean to sound rude, but isn't that stealing? Kinda screwed up... but at least you credited my suggestion, so your forgiven.
    Ha! Says the guy who claimed to have a "unique" idea which was actually taken directly from movie & T.V. :)
    [doublepost=1481129921,1481129837][/doublepost]This could be cool as an "astronauts only" option.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Ha! Says the guy who claimed to have a "unique" idea which was actually taken directly from movie & T.V. :)
    [doublepost=1481129921,1481129837][/doublepost]This could be cool as an "astronauts only" option.
    "Unique" as in something that should be in-game, and of couse its taking from a tv show/movies. What is wrong with implementing stuff from movies/tv shows

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Nothing is wrong with taking ideas from other sources as inspiration. I just thought it was funny that you used the term "unique" for something so commonly borrowed from. Then I read your response to someone else stealing your idea and couldn't resist tying the two together.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Nothing is wrong with taking ideas from other sources as inspiration. I just thought it was funny that you used the term "unique" for something so commonly borrowed from. Then I read your response to someone else stealing your idea and couldn't resist tying the two together.
    Ah hmm. Well what other term should i use besides "unique" to say about StarGates? And about my comment about stealing, if lone_puppy never based his suggestion off of mine, then i would havenever commented about it. Although in the very same comment, I forgave him for credited me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Ah hmm. Well what other term should i use besides "unique" to say about StarGates? And about my comment about stealing, if lone_puppy never based his suggestion off of mine, then i would havenever commented about it. Although in the very same comment, I forgave him for credited me.
    Yeah, my own response was meant as light-hearted teasing. Nothing serious.

Well, you already used "brilliant" to describe your ideas in another sentence..."But, this one in particular is awesome, I suppose?" I mean, we don't want to overstate just how good your ideas are...

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Yeah, my own response was meant as light-hearted teasing. Nothing serious.

Well, you already used "brilliant" to describe your ideas in another sentence..."But, this one in particular is awesome, I suppose?" I mean, we don't want to overstate just how good your ideas are...
    Hahahaha, #bestIdeasof2016 :P

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    or you can juat make an interstellar transporter that uses up more energy the further the next destination is

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    or you can juat make an interstellar transporter that uses up more energy the further the next destination is
    Eh then that defeats the entire purpose of warpgates...