Wanted: Forum Mod

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,

as more and more people are registering to the side, it won't be long before I can't handle it by myself anymore.

At the moment, I can still do it without any problem, but as a preemptive action, I decided to already ask for help. If you have any experience in being a mod anywhere and have the time, you can apply here. As for now, one mod will be more than enough :)

MODERATOR'S NOTE -- 10/25/13:

If you haven't noticed, this topic is from 2012, when Starmade had a tiny community. You can still try to apply, but do not expect anything out of it. Thanks.

Reaction score
    Also, I can mod the game if you email me the eclipse project. I'm the one who emailed you earlier about mods.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Awesome,
    I'll make you a mod.
    What kind of mod would you do with the game?

Reaction score
    One thing I was thinking was a teleporter block. It could be very expensive. Another thing may be that it takes time to build when you buy a ship from the shop.

On the forum, is there a way you can make the titles bold?

Reaction score
    I have About a years Experiance of fourm moderating and almost two years in Server Administrating.
    I would have applied earlier but all I had was my Ipod to look at the Fourms. So im open if you need a second.

Reaction score
    i can help if you want
    i dont have any xp on forums but i check everyday :)
    even if i have school our school got WIFI everywhere

Reaction score
    If you want another one I'll take the offer. Though, you might wanna give me some guidelines beacuse I'll proboly warn someone once, then give them the maximum punishment.

Reaction score
    I would love to help by being a mod if you still need more people. Any of my qualifications that you need to know?

Reaction score
    I could be an effective mod. I have experence in a few communitys includeing my own. I will gladly lend a hand if it is needed.

Reaction score
    I have much experince being a mod/admin from fourms to websites to servers ect. feel free to pm me or something and talk to me. I could also help you pretty up the site if you need it ^_^

Reaction score
    Doubt he really needs it, it's just WordPress. (Or that's what it seems like to me) A downloaded theme here, a little CSS editing there and presto, new site.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know I have zero presence on this forum but I have plenty experience moderating a forum, as I have my own. I have (up to recently been very active on the FTB forum, helping server owners with issue.

Reason I want to be a mod, I actually would like to be more involved with the project. I have been running a modded minecraft community since aug 2012 and I\'m thinking Starmade would be a prefect addition to our community. I have already set up a server and we\'ve already had a fair bit of fun.

if you want to know more about me, dingham is my minecraft name, craftnoids is the community, both easily googlable.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I can vouche for Xanbear, I\'ve played his MC server and got to know his personality. Just don\'t put him on a caffiene diet...

As for myself, I\'m a forum and server admin for a few of another community\'s various servers as well as one of he more active members here. Look around, you\'ve got a good core community on which to build upon. Folks like Doomsider, Calbiri, and TheImperialDonut are here almost all of the time, and only rarely do they seem to get angry over anything.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    If a community mod is still something you\'d be interested in (depite the reporting feature), I wouldn\'t mind to give it a shot, I\'m on most of the time and pretty much keep track of almost anything that goes on on the forum nowadays.

Can\'t say I\'m always 100% unbiased, but I always try my best to treat everyone as equal and help the community wherever I can.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello Schema,

I would like to volunteer for the moderator position, I\'m 16 with a monumental amount of experience moderating and managing communities. I currently run a fairly large minecraft server/community and I\'ve been an active member of the minecraft community since it took it\'s first steps in 09. I\'m very excited about StarMade as it shares some of the great traits of minecraft but also bringing it\'s own querks and perks to the table. It\'s definitely something that I\'m going to lose many hours of my time too.

Over the years I\'ve been involved many communities and operated various forums and websites. It began with Runescape private servers back in 07, then in 09 with the release of Minecraft, my interests shifted away from Runescape related websites and servers and in a new direction. Over the next few years, I was heavily involved with the Minecraft community, running multiple servers, gaining skills and in mid-2012 put those skills which I had accquired to good use and we hosted one of the first Minecraft 24 hour charity streams called \"The MineStream\".

We recieved support from Jeb and a large number of the Minecraft youtube community raising a decent amount of money for the Child\'s Play charity. After many small scale servers, I decided to re-vist running a Minecraft server towards the end of last year, I befriended a group of server owners who are responsible for the \"Mega Servers\" that we are currently seeing dominate the Minecraft server business. These folks showed me the ropes and helped me grow my server into a 300 slot profitable enterprise which has now been running for nearly 8 months.

During my \"adventures\" I learnt the importance of professionalism and grammar, aswell as some vital skills that would be needed for a moderator posistion. I\'m currently working on a StarMade server toplist (http://www.beststarmadeservers.com) and I possibly will be hosting a few servers myself in the near future.

So, if you want me, I\'m yours. ;)

Kind regards,

Peter

eeg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I could be a forum mod, easily. Or maybe a mod on the wiki, or even both. I\'m experienced with handling people in swarms, even the most unruly of bunches.

I\'m even better at handling spambots in swarms, and I\'ve noticed that the wiki is getting spammed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just took notice of the date that the origonal post was made, I think we may be slightly late.

Regards,

Peter