Wanted: Forum Mod

eeg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a feeling that, with the sudden surge of attention this game is getting caused by the Yogscast, Scott Manley, et al. (Those are the only two rather popular folks I know of who have given this game free advertising, but there are probably more.)... more mods will be needed in short order.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That my friend is a very good point, one of which I hadn\'t really considered. But who knows, I guess time will tell.

Regards,

Peter

eeg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well what I do know is a game and community as good as this one shouldn\'t have a wiki plagued by spambots before it\'s even anywhere near completed. Seeing as there\'s plenty I can do on that front even without being a mod due to certain secrets I happen to be privy to, and I shouldn\'t make outrageous claims without proving their validity, I will get to work shortly on that front.

To whoever all moderates the wiki: if you can keep the spambot posts and usernames hacked down to size, I can make sure they don\'t come back before you even realize I\'ve done it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I will gladly help anywhere I can! I have years of moderating multple games and some forums, just lemme know and I\'ll help anyway I can.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Also, again, if you need help with moderation, I am available. I\'ve moderated other (albeit smaller,) game forums before. Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, if your looking for forum mods I\'d be grateful to help. I have moderated many things before. On some Minecraft servers for instance I have been chat mods and such. I also have been webmaster of a few sites before and since I had to run a site with a forum I had to learn how to moderate the forums. If you need any help at all moderating the forums, please contact me.

Thank you,

Asip(Alex)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would love to help in any way possible, in game or on the forums.

I know this post is very late considering the timestamp on the initial post, however I thought it would be best to ask than not.

Reaction score
    If you need any help as moderation, I can help. I live in Australia, so I could clean up any issues that arise at odd times. I don\'t have any experience in moderation, but hey, everyone starts somewhere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i will like to be a mod, i will be starting a couse in game design at university in september, hope that helps

Reaction score
    Hi Schema =]

I`m willing to help out with whatever it is you need!

I\'m very fair and caring to all people and have ran a community for over a year now and strongly support Star Made and am an experianced server admin.

Let me know if you\'re interested!

Thanks!

Reaction score
    i could be a moderator i have experience on other websites dealing with forums and users comments ill make sure nothing innapropiate is used in the forums

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello i\'m not sure if your looking for moderators but i will add my application here

Well my name is Jonathan
    my time zone is GMT + 1:00
    My age is 19
    i have experience in moderating and administrating forums servers and websites.

i understand what is acceptable on public forums and sites and what should not be allowed.
    I\'m fair but strict when it comes to disputes and will generally settle the matter privately.
    i use a three strike system for trolling and flaming and other things of that nature
    and a one strike warning for bullying and hate posts mass spamming and inappropriate content Eg links to adult websites things like that.
    I\'m fair but strict when it comes to disputes and will generally settle the matter privately.
    if there is anything I\'m not familiar with or experienced with i am willing to learn to handle said situations.
    i also check the forum multiple times daily.

Thank you for reading.
    - Jonathan

Reaction score
    I would like the power, but what would I use it for?(other than deleting spam and inappropriate content, of course.)

Reaction score
    I would personally love to have the role of forum moderator, i spend alot more time on the forums than in game, i have a personal hatred of trolls and people who go out of their way to ruin others enjoyment.

i have minor experience in being a mod (used to do it for kings of camelot) and ive run my own servers for a few months now.

now for the stuff youll need:

Name - Dan Clarke

Age - 18

Location - England (GMT +0)

Activity - everyday for atleast an hour, normally more

i admit i have a lot to learn about the position but i learn quickly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I\'ve been on Dan\'s server since it started, and he\'s really good, when stuff got bad he sorted it, when it was good, he was fun to play with.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Hey folks, just letting you know that this subject has already passed away long ago. It\'s still not a bad idea to put your name out there, but don\'t be disappointed if nothing comes of it.

Reaction score
    If there\'s a serious shortage, I could be of help I guess... I generally like reading through the topics on here anyway, wouldn\'t have problems with keeping stuff neat along with that.

Got +2 years of experience with community forums, various software from vbulletin to xenforo, so I know the drill, both technically and socially. Should I bump into unknown stuff I can easily adapt and learn.

Also, when is the planned website overhaul going to happen?