Void Templar: A democracy built on a code of conduct

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    One of the things I have to say that impresses me about you guys is that quest for understanding option. I don't think I've heard of such an idea until now through most the other games I've played. I've seen members from allied clans in Mech4 ladders mix member, but usually it was more for substitutions rather than see how other groups do business. I think I like the idea to be honest.

Reactions: Claru
    Reaction score
    1. In game name: MuffinTastic

2. Greatest strength in starmade: Getting lost ;) (probably combat/*building* a ship)

3. How can we help you enjoy the game: Usually when playing starmade, i join a server, fumble around a bit trying to make a worthwhile ship, get bored and leave. I hope that by joining this, not only will i make some friends who actually enjoy the game, but i will also learn more about the game's mechanics and eventually get better at making functional and/or good looking ships

4. Do you agree with the code of conduct: Yes

Reaction score
    1. In game name: MuffinTastic

2. Greatest strength in starmade: Getting lost ;) (probably combat/*building* a ship)

3. How can we help you enjoy the game: Usually when playing starmade, i join a server, fumble around a bit trying to make a worthwhile ship, get bored and leave. I hope that by joining this, not only will i make some friends who actually enjoy the game, but i will also learn more about the game's mechanics and eventually get better at making functional and/or good looking ships

4. Do you agree with the code of conduct: Yes

Approved!

See you on server!

Reaction score
    One of the things I have to say that impresses me about you guys is that quest for understanding option. I don't think I've heard of such an idea until now through most the other games I've played. I've seen members from allied clans in Mech4 ladders mix member, but usually it was more for substitutions rather than see how other groups do business. I think I like the idea to be honest.
    Thank you for stopping by!

We have a very flat management structure, to go from middle management up to upper management we have personalized tests which generally take anywhere from a few weeks to over a month to complete. Generally they all have to do with increasing the faction in some way which is of significance.

I always liked the idea of the questing knight and wanted to capture that feeling of going out to do something which is great and of note. Once completed the member can then feel they have contributed greatly and generally have a story to tell about how they became a Knight of the Void Templar.

We currently have three members on the quest for Knighthood.

Husiks is taking the quest for recruitment, and has pulled in the required ten members but still has to get two of them to reach the level of Squire (middle management) before he can go to Knight.

Tn44 is taking the quest of Craftsmenship and working on a project of benefit to the faction which is extremely sensitive to being optimized.

Mortiferum is taking the Quest for Understanding and is to serve in the Tartaran Empire and learn their ways and share ours as an in depth diplomat and facilitate the exchange of information.

I have singled out a handful of other members I am suggesting take the Squire exam as I feel they could greatly enhance the faction by rising to officer ranking. Granted the whole requiring a month in the faction before allowing the advancement to officer is proving to delay things, but it is there to force people to take their time and not expect officer status within the first week of joining.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Good to see the VT is doing well, I wish you good luck on your future endeavors.:)

Reaction score
    New VT ships in construction

The newest frigate the Ioelet.

And right besite her the next ship, jet to be named. Bigger with more weapons while still fast and nimble ;D

Reactions: Darth Cestual
    Reaction score
    Really love the texturing on that ship, and the shape really reminds me of a few things I've seen in other games.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2

I hate to make anybody feel bad, that's not what this is about. It's up to you to decide if you believe me. And Marcus, I think your ships are nice, make no mistake.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You're a builder. Tell me, what use is a builder to a faction that doesn't want or need what they build?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    New VT ships in construction

The newest frigate the Ioelet.

And right besite her the next ship, jet to be named. Bigger with more weapons while still fast and nimble ;D
    are those the annoying things that kept circling our destroyers during the drill?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    You as a builder, should seek to improve what you build, in ways that it becomes attractive to the faction as a whole.
    That means ships which look amazing and perform amazing.
    Leaving when a builder shows up that builds cooler looking ships, is nonsense.
    Learn. The Void Templar's about spreading knowledge and teaching people a variety of things in regard to Starmade and life in general.
    You have a great opportunity, a great challenge. To work with someone like Marcus, and combine what you're both good at, picking up on what each other knows about shipbuilding in general, to make the most awesome fleet Starmade's ever seen.

Get the fuck to it. :p

Reactions: Darth Cestual
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    builder builds for a faction, they improve their skills by working with others and drawing information and advice from everyone in the faction. If you do not put yourself in the faction, ask questions, compare work, and strive to make your creations better, then a faction doesnt need a builder who doesnt improve himself. increases in skills in builders means better ships, new tech, and new ideas that can be used in the future. Better builders, means better factions, as they give the tools and ships for those who cant build or have the time. Cirds right, if i were you, i would challenge myself and try to beat marcus in my ships, style, and performance in my ships. Factions needs all the builders they can get, the more the better.
    We would be luck to have marcus, as he would improve the faction and all of the members.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I do not even have the drive to attempt to explain this here, the reasons I have left are numerous, and I have left the faction with my best attempt at explaining. Perhaps they will yet become a faction I would be happy to be a part of again, but currently, this is not so.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The same has happened to me(the thing described on the picture)..
    Many more times.
    Well the first 2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.