Void Templar: A democracy built on a code of conduct

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Fear not death, for you have lived with honor.

We believe in working together in a structured manner to make a difference within the server at large.

War shall not be sought, but shall be confronted unflinchingly when it arrives.

If you join us; you will fight, you will die, you will arise stronger for it.

Why join this faction:

Meaningful ranks: Rank directly corresponds with responsibilities and duties, including a clear chain of command. New players are assigned to higher ranked players for direction and guidance, and they shall be in charge of your orders and answering any questions you may have.

Knight: The rank of faction leadership, can vote on changes to the code of conduct and have Squires assigned to them. This is the same rank as the founder. The founder can, and has, been outvoted by the membership in matters of faction business. It is the design of the faction that anyone may acquire this rank unlike many other factions.​

Squire: The management rank. They are assigned to Knights and given directives in a general manner and allowed to fulfill their duties as they see fit so long as it is keeping with the code of conduct. Have pages assigned to them to help them and who they must teach and guide.​

Page: The rank of the member. This is where all start. A page is assigned to a squire and put through a training session to standardize knowledge in game. A page has equal rights in voting as any other member other than in declaring war or in changing the code of conduct. (This includes votes to request peace or to end a war)​

Equality: The way to gain rank is set forth in plain language on the main forums without faction leaders playing favorites or randomly assigning roles. If you want a higher rank, you will have to apply for it, and earn it through preset tests of combat and skill after an initial probation period that are the same for all applicants. Anyone may rise to the highest rank of knight and have the same level of influence as the faction founder. Here you matter. Here your opinions matter. Here you will be amongst your peers and equals.

Freedom of ideas: Anyone may post suggestions on the forum in the appropriate place and if seconded by another player will be brought to a member vote.

Swift communication: We have access to a teamspeak server.

Experienced officers: Be it World of Warcraft, Travian, Guildwars 2, or other games this faction is not our first. There is no age requirement, but the majority of the faction is over twenty.

Our code of conduct: Many talk of what it is to be civil and play for the fun of the game, but we set out in clear words how we want to play the game, you can join us knowing the sort of people you will be playing with and know they will be held accountable for their actions. Never again be ashamed by what your faction has done, for you will have a hand in crafting the code we all choose to play by.

The current code of conduct is as follows:

1. Respect. Treat all others with respect. This includes your enemies and the Administrators. No foul or offensive language shall be permitted as it is most unbecoming of a knight. The Administrators are in positions of authority as they have the server owner's blessing, remember this.

2. Compassion. Aid your fellow player in their time of need. If the new have questions in chat, answer them. If someone has a request, attempt to help them. In this manner you will show your quality. We were all new once. We all need help at some point or another.

3. Knowledge. Work to better yourself and the faction, share freely general knowledge yet stats, locations, and strength is to be jealously guarded. It is the careless hand that loses its grip upon the sword. Many boast and bluster, the Void Templar must be silent.

4. Honor. Hold yourself to a higher level than you do others. This does not make you better than them, it merely helps improve the quality of the server and the environment we all play in.

5. Humility. The highest knight is no more important than the newest recruit. We are in this together. The battleships of today are the scrap of tomorrow. It is good to take pride in your work, but do not boast of it, for then it becomes a weakness and a point of contention with others.

6. Duty. If you agree to take on a task or role then complete it. Others are counting on you. You are important. You are needed here. If you cannot handle the responsibility there is no shame in it, we only ask that you not risk the progress of others and we part ways as friends.

7. Loyalty. If you are a Void Templar, then you are a Void Templar. If you must go then let us part as friends. Let us keep in touch and in time perhaps welcome you back amongst us. If you feel your loyalty is torn then you should go to the other, for this path is a difficult one, and let none fault you it. However do not take what was crafted in our name. Do not greedily horde material which is needed and counted upon. Such would be theft, and what friend steals from another? Your personal money, your personal ship, and what you joined with of course have a right to.

And as everyone likes ships here is the Domini, a modest combat vessel.

Important links

We are currently on Nuclear Doughnut's server. Please PM Claru for joining information
    We have history on NASS as well: nasszone.com:4242

This is a link to the main home page with a longer explanation featured: http://voidtemplar.enjin.com/

This is a link to the forums proper: http://voidtemplar.enjin.com/forum

Teamspeak may be downloaded here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Teamspeak: [pending update. At wedding currently April 18th 3:50 pm est]

Recruitment

If you wish to join post the following:

1. In game name:

2. Greatest strength in starmade:

3. How can we help you enjoy the game:

4. Do you agree with the code of conduct: Yes/No

Credits:

The following users created faction's whose announcement posts were looked to for inspiration for the above. Just so that credit is given where it is due.

TwoNiner: For the header graphic idea and modified system of government.

FlyingDebries: For formatting concepts.

Zorozeenee: Linking outside websites.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Let it be known that Tn44 has sought the path of Knight and been issued the quest and title of Knight Errant!

Soon Tn44 shall rise to the higher echelons of the faction and have a voice equal to all other Knights once the quest undertaken is complete!

In other news Husiks has recruited 8 out of the 10 pages assigned for the quest Husiks was given! Keep going Husiks you are so very close to being a Knight of the Void Templar.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Congratulations to both Tn44 and Husiks!

In other news -

Two new fighters and it's variants are made (Typhoon and Tempest), and I hope it can be tested by two members in a mock dogfight some time soon.

Typhoon comes in interceptor, bomber, and stock loudout.
    Tempest comes in interceptor loadout with an added option of more missiles, or AMC as well as a docking section for either a turret, a torpedo, or both :D

Tempest is 200k more expensive though......

They are both "Heavy fighters" with shields exceeding most fighters and maybe even some Corvettes! The fighters are approximately 60-70 meters long, so they are NOT really intended for normal carriers.

Tomorrow, I will upload the screenshots.

Reaction score
    Hit double the membership of any other faction on NASS today.

Excellent work team.

Particularly to CyberTao for the base work. Tn44 for stepping up and being a leader. Ran for being a new member who is so energetic, and Aze for sticking with it even when the internet hates you! (And of course Akula for never needing instruction and always being willing to help!)

Everyone else has been working quite diligently too, so if I did not mention you it is not because you are not appreciated!

Keep going team!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Templar, go to the Enjin site and vote on important server matters.

Thank you.

Reaction score
    Due to the size of the base and NASS' ah... Lag. We need to decrease the base size and also moderate our... Hmm.. 'Ship sizes'

Work to follow.

Reaction score
    Because I can I am going to be making faction balls out of the members :U

In no particular order.

I left plenty of space since I have a number more to fill in.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    My middle name!! GASP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reaction score
    :p I posted a sig for you Cird on the faction forum. :p

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You call THAT a... "modest" combat vessel? Is that powered by a miniature SUN? o_O

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You call THAT a... "modest" combat vessel? Is that powered by a miniature SUN? o_O
    No, it is powered by hydrothermal vents. Notice the fact that it is a squid. If you want to see something powered by a miniature sun, may I direct you to their homebase.

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    OH i love the fact that i helped design the faction emblem in my short time in VT. Void templar <3

Also claru that teamspeak ip is wrong. Illusive isnt part of the old owners

Reaction score
    OH i love the fact that i helped design the faction emblem in my short time in VT. Void templar <3

Also claru that teamspeak ip is wrong. Illusive isnt part of the old owners
    You do good work Zeveryn.

And in regards to the teamspeak server being finally changed all I can do is quote the immortal words of Pooh, "oh bother."

Ill fix it after the wedding. (Totally updating in the changing room of a golf club waiting for a wedding. Yep. My priorities are in order.)

Reactions: Zeveryn

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You do good work Zeveryn.

And in regards to the teamspeak server being finally changed all I can do is quote the immortal words of Pooh, "oh bother."

Ill fix it after the wedding. (Totally updating in the changing room of a golf club waiting for a wedding. Yep. My priorities are in order.)
    Hehe dedication.

Status
    Not open for further replies.