ViB's Rendition Class Battleship

Reaction score
    So, this post is a combination of the unveiling of my next build and cry for help regarding game performance.
    2016-03-05_00026.jpg
    Basically, I've been working on a new warship build, using what I learned from my last build plus ideas I've stolen from the pics of keptick's Charon, and the result thus far is this:
    I'm very happy with both its capabilities and appearance so far, but the problem is that, when I take it into combat, my frame-rate goes to total crap. I have all my game settings matched to Luke's Slow PC Checklist, but it hasn't seemed to help much (and my PC is NOT particularly cheap or crappy). Even if all I'm fighting is a single target dummy spawned in to test the turrets, I get serious slowdowns.
    My concern is that the lag is caused by the number of turrets I have on this ship (10x PDs, 2x Rockets, 3x Beams, 6x Broadside Missiles, and 1x Big Revolving Keptick Turret).

Any useful info or advice on fixing my performance issues would be great.
    I had hoped to finish out this build with several more turrets to cover the rear quadrant, but if that's what's causing my issues, I may have to scrape the whole build.

Update 3/6/16:
    Good new everyone! I have determined that my performance issues are not being caused by my turrets, so I will be finishing this ship at some point! In the meantime, as requested, here are some more pictures of it as it stands right now:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If the turrets collide when rotating that will be the cause of the slowdown, as turrets can self collide and lag the game with collision checks. Thats the only thing i could think of.

Reaction score
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments! (And those Vaygr ships are sweet! I wish mine looked that cool.)

Its does have a small interior with a fully furnished bridge (Came out looking very awesome if I do say so myself) and some access tunnels to the broadside turrets, but I don't have any shots of it at the moment. I'll take some next time I'm working on this ship.

Y'all have convinced me not to abandon this project. I'll go back to this as soon as I finish my current build ("Battleship Barad Dur", its gonna be epic!)

(Looks like my lag problems are NOT due to turret collisions. Its the block destruction animation that's killing me!)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457223169,1457221929][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What GPU do you have?
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980