Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    She is an experiment in heavy fighter design. Not currently suitable for carrier operations using VFW ships as she\'s nearly the length of a gunship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is obviously to make a bigger carrier. With chain docking, it\'d be nice to have something that can service gunships anyway.

Reaction score
    We\'re trying out different fighter designs to see if we can find some we like. The Tremelo\'s showing its age and it\'s time for a new primary fighter.

Reaction score
    I had planned to work on a ship that could carry and deliever the Freke version of your Gunship, but the position of the core results in a huge docking area. Looks like it needs the core moed backards a few blocks.

I Use to play star Fleet battles and they had a class of ship that carried patrol/gunship style ships. However my building has taken a back step for right now with other games fighting for my attention.

Reaction score
    Behold! We call him Chutney.

He\'s not quite fully formed, as there are several more tentacles left to grow. Check out his assortment of bits and bobs. He\'s also quite dapper, as hoped, and has a fine chapeau and monacle!

And a circular Saw!

And, of course, a lunch box full of god knows what. Probably kittens. or Dolphin loaf.

Reaction score
    Haha nice um what exactly is it?
    Can you ride it?

Nice monocle and moustache!

Reaction score
    The locals in the region of space called \"Vivicitas\" have asked for a \"destroyer\", but their idea of a \"destroyer\" is not much bigger than a frigate. So we made a Light Destroyer for them! It\'s currently incomplete and in Solaris red, rather than the classic VFW yellow, but we\'ll see about repainting her for general distribution.

This is the VFW Hymn-class prototype Light Destroyer, dubbed The Hymn of Disquiet. It\'s got a lot of work left to go, but it\'s got some nice features for such a small ship, including dual short-barrel heavy railguns (dubbed \"Baby Basilisks\" by the design team, which have all since been drawn and quartered for their alliterative tomfoolery).

We\'ve added some new design elements, including a graceful wing-like reinforced armor strut under the lower hull. The lower tower-like structure isn\'t a mirror of the top-side one. It\'s a bit longer and curves gracefull into the lower-hull.

And, of course, a rear-side docking bay for a small ship. The Hymn is, in some ways, a scaled up DIssonance that\'s been armed with a heavier array of weapons and two extra turret points. By VFW reckoning this ship is suitable for use as a fleet-grade light destroyer despite not being too much larger than our Fleet Frigate design.

Reaction score
    It\'s like Bow-Tie-Thulu!

Also, your ships are gettin cooler looking and more smooth.

Reaction score
    The Hymn of Disquiet in orbit around the amazing home of of the Silver Bullet Freelancers, a shipbuilding firm on Vivacitas headed by Rowan. He does good work.

As you can see we added some turrets, including Sextet \"light\" turrets, and shortened Dual Viper turrets. Plus, we heard our ships weren\'t really \"combat optimized\" so we replaced the lower tower with a giant gun. The little blisters on the top and bottom of the forward hull are vertically oriented guided torpedo assemblies. Good for blowing holes in stations or slow-moving capital ships.

Ugh. The foreward hull looks a bit like a smug lizard or dragon head to us now. We cannot unsee it.

Reaction score
    Unlike the Nocturne heavy destroyers, the long-barrels on the Hymn are fixed.

Reaction score
    In a bit of a departure from our usual cheese wedges, we are proud to announce a SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT cheese wedge!

This is the VFW Valkyrie, our first vessel with a successful implementation of the VFW WingDrive variant Fantail. How are they different? Well, the Fantail is LONG, but the WingDrive is WIDE. Huge difference.

This design is complete, of course. Fully funished (crew of 1), and ready to go. Just need to post it.

Reaction score
    wow fec that looks really cool the ice dock around it makes it look incredable

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looks about the size of the Bolero, but you say it has a crew of 1. If I had to guess I\'d say it\'s a fast attack craft (yay wikipedia entries). Looks wicked mean, whatever it is.

Reaction score
    I like your new Edam cheese wedge. But it seems to be madE backwards (Hue hue).

In all seriousness, I like your new design and the shipyard/executive space office you have built for your Tie-thulu overlord.

Reaction score
    If you like RP and want to swing by the VFW headquarters, put in an app over at Vivacitas! It\'s a pretty fun server, and could probably use a few more non-butt-type people to flesh out the world.