Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Asking for help to judge :p I already don\'t envie you having to judge the corvette contest, most of those entries are just amazing

Reaction score
    Another round of sceenies before we finish for the day. We\'ve mounted half the ship\'s heavy and medium turrets and about 1/4 of the ship\'s compliment of defense guns to give our customers an idea of what the ship will look like when one pushes the handy \"Disco Destructo\" button on the captain\'s chair!

A nice shot showing off it\'s compliment of weaponry. Each of those large turrets packs nearly the punch of an entire Nocturne destroyer. A dirge lingers in the background, feeling a bit shy. The Anthem Cruiser\'s nearly four times as long and will likely be several orders of magnitude more massive.

A shot from the rear showing off the Fantail Drives. The secondary drives are placed horizonatally on this one, taking advantage of the forward cover provided by the turret sponsons. The main drive and both secondary drives are socketed directly into the hull and take advantage of some serious internal bracing to keep them in place. You can see the mounting points for another 8 top-side three-shooters.

The Battleship-grade Fantail Drive on this ship is nearly three times as thick as our typical offerings, providing an enormous amount of power generation and a current thrust-to-mass ratio of 5:1. Expect that to equalize, however, as the Cruiser\'s internals are fleshed out fully. We\'re shooting for 2:1.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'d have to do some rules for a \"realistic contest\", that\'s the problem. In a game like this, everybody can do whatever they want. It\'s not competitive until you give everybody the same materials, so they can build their ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those three-shooters near the big turrets... they look a bit lost.

But damn, you gotta love that ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those three-shooters near the big turrets... they look a bit lost.

But damn, you gotta love that ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sero Spacedocks prides ourselves on not lowering to the level of common war mongerers and thieves, because we\'re better than you in every way! TM. However, we are stealing this advanced \"captains disco ball\" igniter technology.

Also, that rear view is quite nice. ;D

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    sorry but the workers of WOLF CORP cannot seem how to take a picture and post it not as a URL so any help will be appreciated WOLF CORP out

Reaction score
    Those fancy gentlemen at The Coalition of Ramblers have featured the VFW Nocturne-class Heavy Destroyer among several fine ships in their weekly Starmade Ship of the Week videos. Check it out!

Thanks to all involved and be sure to subscribe. The videos get better every week.

Reaction score
    Vecordean Fleetworks vessels always use Yellowtanium on the off-chance that the very laws of reality will be rewritten to make things like \"armor\" meaningful and/or useful.

Reaction score
    We take a break from our constant Fleetworksing to offer you something a bit different.

This is something we whipped together to try out some new design aesthetics for our next line of warships. VFW is always looking forward, you know!

This is the Cherub Concept 1, loosely based on the Tremelo. You can see some similarities at the moment, but expect those to vanish as we develop the concept. This is mostly about testing the white-on-gold scheme and the use of Mysterious Glowing Effluvia Jam as a harnass point for space-time bending floaty-bits.

Behold!

Coco767\'s excellent ColdGravitizer ship served as a definite inspiration.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That certainly is a unique take on ship design. I look forward to seeing what you do with it moving forward into your next ship series!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'ve beaten me to the punch with your accursed effluvia levitation technique! You\'ve succesfully sucked the impending hype from my magne-couple marketing team. Now I\'m going to have to whip my sorcerer-techs for newer/better innovations!

The whippings shall continue until morale improves!

Reaction score
    Hmm.... A more curved, organic design? I like it..... With the floating linked parts gives it a neat look, I\'m looking forward to the larger ships where you can fill out the design more. Maybe for the larger ships you could do more of a \"x\" sort of look for the wings? Who knows.

Reaction score
    Let us both be honest here:

The VFW will be spending roughly the next three months fleetworking our hearts out. This next series, Project Esoterica, won\'t start in earnest until sometime afterwards. We certainly don\'t possess the trademark on disconnected, alien-looking ships (though we tried) or the use of glowing blue bits as float-bits anchor points.

So do it.

You\'ve got the time, the inclination, and your own way of doing things. I know you\'ve got the chops to make something that will steal all that thunder back. Plus, I\'d really like to see it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was just playing up the theatrics for fun and profit*.

*there is not any actual profit to be made in theatrics, according to my agent. >.>

Reaction score
    My AI program has been suspended quite a bit lately and for that I would like to apologize to our beloved customers and filthy, filthy competitors!

Our engineers have apparently built an enormous oven to assist our accountant drones with \"cooking the books\" and this requires a lot of CPU time. Such are the pains of real-world obligations, I\'m afraid. Expect updates this weekend and, for those of you entered into the VFW contest, expect something in your message boxes come Sunday night (my time).