V 0.054 bugs

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gravity Module:

• It works, but the problem is that the gravity only points at the same direction, You should be able to walk normally on your ship whatever it's orientation is, for instance if the ship is parallell to the shop, when you activate the gravity module you just fall away from your ship.

• If your ship is horisontal, it will work but the second problem is that when you walk on an edge, your ship begins to rotate, until you fall down. It shouldn't move depending on your position
    Explosive Module:

• This works fine but should work differently: You should be able to activate it like a weapon aswell, and when activated it would explode. For a ship to explode on collision shouldn't depend on the presence of explosives. (but a collision should produce less damage than an active explosive )

• However, It would still explode on contact with another entity, or when exposed to damage from weapons.

• Furthermore, when you put bombs on a stick and fly right into a planet, There's lots of lag and you're able to go "through" the planet somehow. There are no visual explosions and no sound :( There seems to be a bug in the block by block collisions because i am also able to go through some blocks even without explosives
    New Thrust Formula:

• I've tested out the thrusters on different types of ships and i can still have a thrust of 100 with a 300 mass ship which i believe shouldn't be possible... Mabe it's a problem with the formula, i will check on that

• For the max speed set to the same for all ships, That is perfect, i like the limit of 50km/h, and the time it takes to get to that speed :) But Now I see why it would be fun to have a warp module, mabe to be able to reach 200 km/h during a certain time, without being able to rotate !
    New Idea For Core Module:

• The Separating Button

• It's just that it should be great to add a possibility to separate a docked Core with the push of a button that you select as a weapon. With this button, you'd be able to disconnect Space mines filled with explosives into space and then activate them on the push of a button :) (or just to throw away your friend who is controlling a turret >:D )
    Coop mode and Team Deathmatch

• I spawn into the shop, if i remember, that's the same error that Elladan had, on a previous version (correct this as soon as possible please)

• /edit: i just need to reset when i change world...
    The Core:

• Make it destroyable in the next update please, this is kind of an important feature :)

• New Idea: mabe it can only be destroyed by explosives ? (and nukes the whole ship when it is destroyed >:D )

Reaction score
    Coop mode and Team Deathmatch

• I spawn into the shop, if i remember, that's the same error that Elladan had, on a previous version (correct this as soon as possible please)
    >> Use the Reset fonction of game launcher when you change the game mode.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,
    thanks for the nice report.

Gravity
    Gravity is pretty crude at the moment. I already implemented another layer that moves the player with moving objects, but the rotation is still not taken into account. I don't know if I will allow gravity on moving objects because the calculation of the physics are not going to be as precise, which is probably going to lead to some ugly glitches.
    I will however maybe use a different approach for ships, where you can actually enter your ship, and a new world is loaded from within. Ever ship block maybe the scale of 3x3x3 blocks inside a ship. This way I could use simple physics, that would not need any ultra complicated shape casts.

Explosives
    I can put in the explosive as a weapon, that you could activate. I don't know if I'd damage structures on every collision though. Sound and explosion graphics will also soon come. I always develop without sound so I can load the game faster ^^
    The second thing you are describing is a known problem: Because explosion trigger segment re requests from the Server, the client seems to discard it's current segments for a brief moment waiting for the server to provide the new version. If a ship is fast enough to fly into such a segment, the request will spawn on top of the ship, getting it stuck.
    The other thing is flying into Objects without explosions: There is a natural limit on how good a physics engine can detect collisions (especially with stick shaped objects). I already have a backup method in place that will increase the granularity of object, that fly very fast. But I had it on very low sensitivity, so it probably didn't activate at 50 km/h.
    I was also able to one time push into a death star with a stick, but I was not able to reproduce that.

Thrust
    The thrust is now calculated as followed:

massEffect = max(1, mass * 0.25f)^1.25f - 50/3.0f;
    thrust = (xDimMax - xDimMin) + (yDimMax - yDimMin) +(zDimMax - zDimMin) + count^1.2

actualThrust = thrust - massEffect

Core
    I will do my best to include core destruction and separation in the next update

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Core destruction is now implemented (easier than i thought). It will come with 0.055
    It will work like this: If a core looses all it hitpoints, all players inside the ship are killed like before, but now, the core starts to overheat. If nobody can manage to enter the ship before the heat has reached it max, the ship will be destroyed completely. The max is determined by the mass of the ship. You get one second for every block on the ship.

Tell me if you need the core hitpoints to be higher. Also in general tell me if you want any hitpoint/armor changes made to any module.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I just found a bug that screwed up the physics with explosions on shops: With the removal of segment size restrictions, the shop requested segments on an explosion on the server. The server created that supposily empty segments and filled it with ghost cubes you get stuck in. Or you collide with air.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    About the formula you showed for the thrust of a ship, i don't understand why you make every ship start with a mass of -15,they should start at 1, being the mass of the core.
    The second thing that doesn't come into account is the maximum thrust possible for a ship, which theoritically could be infinite ! I highly reccomend that you make a variable limit for the thrust, going from 50 max for small ships till 1 (max) for humongous gigantic ships ... this IS logic, Elladan Made a 3.6 Million credits ship and it still has 50 of thrust, which really shouldn't be possible. There isn't absolutely no advantage in this case in making a small fighter, since huge exterminators are able to move at the same speed. (even faster u_u)
    I hope you correct this soon
    Best Regards,
    -Pringles

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The -15 is a buff for smaller ships. It makes the first 10 blocks basically mass-free, so you can have small powerful ships. Because the mass grows exponentially, the mass should in theory grow faster as the thrust does: ^1.25 vs ^1.2 but I think it still is to close together.
    When you talking about thrust, are you referring to speed, or acceleration?
    Because only the speed is limited to 50. So basically you would be able to fly at 50 km/h even with a thrust (acceleration) of 0.001, but it would take you a while to reach that speed. My plan was, that the amount of thrusters you would need on a large ship, to accelerate as fast as a small one, would be exponentially higher, leaving big ships with much less mobility.
    I could also make max speed dependable on the ship size if that is what you want.
    cheers,
    - schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    By Thust i see accleration. I like the system that any ship can get to 50 km/h, but you are right, you should set the exponential for the mass higher so that the need for thrusters gets exponentially high depending on the size of the ship.
    But i would like to keep the max speed constant for any ship.
    Cheers
    pringles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, i'd like you to greatly increase the hitpoints of hull, or armour or whatever of the HULL, aswell as it's mass, which should be like 1.5 heavier than normal blocks (you know armour is supposed to be heavy and resistant)
    At the moment, the hull block is kind of useless since it gets destroyed as easily as any other block
    thanks
    Pringles

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'll increase the amour and hitpoints for the hull.

by the way, this is how amour works:
    actualDamage to module = damage - amour
    So amour is much more significant than hitpoints