Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I Present the USS Sao Paulo....
    The wait is finally over...
    Download the ship here:)
    Upper Fore Starboard External.jpeg

This ship is a non-canon ship that is based off of the Defiant class.

The original Defiant was destroyed by the Breen at the second Battle of Chin'toka. In the last episode of Star Trek DS9 it shows the original Sao Paulo, a Defiant class, being renamed to the Defiant. In the unofficial lore of Star Trek online, this ship was built 35 years later in memory of that original Sao Paulo. Once again, proudly filling the big shoes that the Defiant left behind.

So much like the original Sao Paulo is an upgrade from the Defiant class. I've taken the lessons learned from my experiments with multi-core ships here.

So what's the big deal with multi-core ships
    • Faster turn rate (small mother ship)
    • Less blocks needed for passive hull effects
    • More room for bigger weapons
    On a side note: I had to totally redo the nacelles, and the top part of the ship. I'm just glad it's done. Now I just have to get the RP space finished and get it filled with systems.

So here are the screen shots.... keep an eye on Community Content for the upload :)
    Upper Aft Port External 02.jpeg Lower Fore Starboard External.jpeg Head On External.jpeg Transporter Room.jpeg 22.jpeg 23.jpeg 37.jpeg 25.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    A little heavy on the motherboards interior wise, otherwise great ship!

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A little heavy on the motherboards interior wise, otherwise great ship!
    Yeah, I was trying to keep the mass down, So I wouldn't need as much space for thrusters on the Mother-ship. But I'm still playing around with it, I still needs some more aesthetic work done.

Anybody want to volunteer for interior design? It's not my strong suit :(

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So, I've got most of it done. Now it's just testing and tweeking.

This ship is based primarily off of the Defiant I already built here. So I'll just be talking about the differences as far as systems go. Sao Paulo.jpeg
    Improvements I've made:
    1. 100% Passive Overdrive for Double speed cap.
    2. Full Ion, Pierce, and Punch-Through effects on Armor.
    3. Automatic Release of shuttles that now act as drones. (yup that's right, it's got drones :) )
    4. Trans-Warp Drive (over clocked jump drive)
    5. Cargo can hold 10K (200K blocks, increase of 1K in mass)
    6. Transporter Room, functional. As well as an emergency transporter on the Bridge.
    7. The shuttles also have a transporters making drone retrieval much easier.
    8. 11 anti-missile turrets.
    Deploy Drones.gif
    It also has a hidden Universal Standard Dock (USD)
    USD Airlock.gif
    13.jpeg 37.jpeg 36.jpeg 33.jpeg 34.jpeg 30.jpeg 23.jpeg

Side Notes:
    1. Core and computers have been moved to the bridge
    2. The Drones are OK on offence but shit on defense. If you use them for combat, they will die
    3. Thrust is not 1:1 anymore This is because I tried to keep the Mother ship as small as possible. Any increase in thrust or weapon power will probably reduce maneuverability.
    I'm well on my way to releasing by Christmas :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: darknassius
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So, I've got most of it done. Now it's just testing and tweeking.

This ship is based primarily off of the Defiant I already built here. So I'll just be talking about the differences as far as systems go. View attachment 19458
    Improvements I've made:
    1. 100% Passive Overdrive for Double speed cap.
    2. Full Ion, Pierce, and Punch-Through effects on Armor.
    3. Automatic Release of shuttles that now act as drones. (yup that's right, it's got drones :) )
    4. Trans-Warp Drive (over clocked jump drive)
    5. Cargo can hold 10K (200K blocks, increase of 1K in mass)
    6. Transporter Room, functional. As well as an emergency transporter on the Bridge.
    7. The shuttles also have a transporters making drone retrieval much easier.
    8. 11 anti-missile turrets.
    View attachment 19467
    It also has a hidden Universal Standard Dock (USD)
    View attachment 19468
    View attachment 19459 View attachment 19462 View attachment 19463 View attachment 19464 View attachment 19465 View attachment 19466View attachment 19469

Side Notes:
    1. Core and computers have been moved to the bridge
    2. The Drones are OK on offence but shit on defense. If you use them for combat, they will die
    3. Thrust is not 1:1 anymore This is because I tried to keep the Mother ship as small as possible. Any increase in thrust or weapon power will probably reduce maneuverability.
    I'm well on my way to releasing by Christmas :)

I think the text art on your display is a great idea. reminds me of the old msDos prompt games (MUDs). I'll have to make sure to implement that when I get to my interior.

Reactions: alterintel

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I personally liked the white better, then again on Star Trek Online I recolor all my ships to be white with very dark red and black accents.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm gonna suggest a return to the white, looked a lot better.

Reaction score
    I liked the white a lot better, makes the other colors pop out really nice.

To be more precise, it adds flare to the ship very well, adding to its feel of sleekness and power.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    While I like both color schemes about the same, I think might like the grey just a teeny bit more. So I'm not sure whether or not I want to maintain two ships in the community content. So I'll put up both color schemes and just see which one gets downloaded more.

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it :)

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I know I said Christmas, but I need to incorporate the new thrust changes.

Since this is a modular ship, I'll be adding allot of docked thrusters to take advantage of the low thruster count bonus to save space. I'll also be moving all the thrusters off of the mother ship and increasing the size of the Pulse Phasors. As well as decreasing the size of the Over Drive system, so that it's only 50% vs 100% since 50% is the new max. Overall the rotational speed should inherently increase due to the reduced size of the mother ship. Also with space saved by docked thrusters, I'm going to try to get a max thrust ratio of 2.5:1.

Wish me luck :)

Reactions: Col_Kurtz

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ok, I need some opinions.
    So I've updated for the new thruster update. I totally took advantage of docked thrusters not being affected by the downward curve of increased thruster numbers. I docked 312 thrusters entities and got the thrust up to 12K. However the game really started glitching out. I went to a pirate base, and it didn't even fully load. I tried pushing tab+F6 and the game crashed. I then tried spawning in a couple isanths, but they wouldn't even load in. Needless to say, multiple docked thrusters probably not the best idea :( . (at least not that many)

So now I've replaced all the docked thrusters with just two docked thrusters for a resulting thrust of 7K. Resulting in a thrust to mass of 7:8, which is allot lower than I wanted.

However since the dimensions of the Parent-Ship are "small", the default rotation speed is still pretty good. Should I ditch the Overdrive system to get the thruster to mass ratio up to or above 1:1?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Give the way max speed works now, you might as well ditch the Overdrive, I'd say.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I just tried what Ithirahad suggested in a PM, and divided the thrust up between 8 thruster entities... It worked :) I got the thrust up to just over 1:1
    Will be posting the new Sao Paulo in Community Content soon.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm getting ready to post the Sao Paulo onto Community Content. But I have two color variations. Do I post two different separate content pages, or do I provide the other color on the same content page, but as an extra attachment? If I do post the second color as an additional attachment how do I track which color gets downloaded most? Can I put a poll in the Community Content section?

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't know how I missed this, but apparently getting into the smaller shuttles is proving to be difficult.
    It is impossible to access the Shuttles from this angle:
    005.jpeg 004.jpeg
    Instead you need to make sure the plex door is open and you access it from this angle:
    002.jpeg 003.jpeg
    But careful. If you try to enter with your cursor too high, it will close the plex door instead.
    001.jpeg

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would be nice if shuttle bays were a bit larger.

Some time ago, I've build a 17x 8y 21z Puddle Jumper - (width=11x if retracted) at least the main bay should be big enough for that - other bays could be about the size they are now, because for me drones are smaller than shuttles.

Maybe it is a little bit smaller with slabs, but I need about this size anyway for an efficient fighter or FTL-shuttle of various shapes.
    Sadly, this is nothing I can refit to fit my classification (Light Class2 can carry 1 Class1 and 2 Class0 objects).​