USS: Enterprise (JJ Abrams Version)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Thanks for your imput! I originally had the saucer more flat but people said it was wrong and I agreed with them. The actual saucer isn\'t flat, it just has a really subtle curve going upwards towards the bridge which is really hard to make subtle curves in a voxel game. I am planning on re-designing the \"blue dome\" on the top of the bridge but to be honest... I\'m not really sure what it\'s supposed to be if it\'s a room. I know at least from the source material that I\'m using (Various movie scenes, that 3d panoramic view of the main bridge, the newest star trek video game, and a couple of fan-made 3d models) that the blue dome thing isn\'t a window that\'s at least viewable from the bridge because the bridge ceiling looks like this:

I am finding it difficult to make an accurate interior of the saucer because of the lack of source material for that. :\\ So I\'m ending up just winging it and making my own design for the interior because we really haven\'t seen a coherient one yet. If you have any ideas on how I should structure the deck layout of the saucer please feel free to let me know and/or pm me!

I\'m also a little curious on why you think the neck should be thinner? The picture I posted where I was complaining about the shuttle bay was the only picture I posted with a view of the in-progress neck. However, I stoped working on the neck about halfway through because it ended up looking too boxy. The curve of it looked fine on a 2d scale but put into practice it ended up looking too boxy because it\'s a voxel game. So I\'m going to go back and tear the neck down and re-do it with a much more exaggerated curve for it.

I would be willing to put the schematic up of the current version, but I save a new, slightly more complete version just about every day. The current thing that I am fighting is the price of the ship. The entire ship is going to end up being just a shell because its going to cost the money cap just to spawn the hull in without the help of admin commands. So if you still want me to upload it let me know!

(Phew.. god... sorry about that wall of text xD)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Ahh... I think I know what you might be thinking of... Kirk is standing in that atrium thing in that scene so I think that dome might be the little \"R2D2\" dome at the end of that spine thing running down the back of the saucer... this thing:

I believe that is probably the top of that stupid looking atrium that runs down like the hight of the entire ship lol... I can try to make that atrium... I\'m just going to need to move some engines lol xD

And thank you for actually providing criticism and not just leaving some kind of \"Your ship\'s bad and you should feel bad\" comment lol!

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    So... I started making some Auxiliary craft to put in the Enterprise\'s shuttle bay... and when I got the idea I just couldn\'t help myself... So what was originally supposed to be a 10 min joke ship, turned into a 2 hour project... This is why I shouldn\'t be allowed to make small versions of ships... becuase I ended up re-doing it about 4 times over before I finally got it to where I was happy with it... Anyway, I present to you: the U.S.S. Miniprise!

Ah.... the wonders of miniatures... I find she holds up quite well to the bigger version! :)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Well... not quite... all that\'s left to be done is the bussard collectors... but after hours on painstaking block placing and the curves... UGH the curves! The \"exhaust ports\" on the back of the nacelle\'s are finally done! Here\'s a picture!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So far, this looks like a very well done job at an ambitious design. I\'m definitely looking forward to seeing further work!

Will there be a Miniprise docked in the Enterprise proper?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Mini-prise in the bigger-prise :P

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Mini-prise in the bigger-prise :P

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    I would love to dock the Miniprise inside the bigger version... the problem is.. I don\'t know where to put it! I can\'t fit it in the shuttle bay because there\'s not a docking area big enough for it haha.... The Miniprise ended up being somewhere around 95 blocks long... o_O But in any case... I\'ll try to find some way to include it. It would make an awesome auxilary craft. :P

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    So the neck is done (the outside at least!) And I did even go as far as to add the airlock/garbage disposal/kirk launcher thing on the side that they seem to be so fond of using for everything... I don\'t know if I\'ll ever have a starbase big enough to dock with the Enterprise but hey... one can dream!

I still don\'t know what to do about the turret problem for the Enterprise... I had an idea of putting turrets inside the hull, so it still looked like the Enterprise, but was at least able to defend itself. That idea didn\'t work out... as appearently the turrets need a line of sight in order to fire now. :(

And on a side note, thanks to the wonderful people over at the Elwyn Eternity Gaming Community (here\'s the link to their page: http://elwyneternity.com/) the Enterprise will be moving over to their server upon completion in order to explore strange new worlds and to seek out new players and new factions... to bodly go where no voxel ship has gone before!

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Well, considering that the outer hull is done... I could \"technically\" release it now... but there\'s barely any power blocks inside of it... and the shield setup currently is a little pathetic for a ship that size... There\'s also the question of how am I going to put turrets onto it so it will be able to defend itself while still making it look like the Enterprise... but I think the answer to that is going to be letting everybody that downloads this decide if they want turrets or not... I think I\'ll just finish the interior and leave only the main guns.

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Yes, I am doing that however, the 6 phaser spots on the saucer wouldn\'t cover anything because the ship is so big :\\ which means I\'m going to need to find some other clever way to hide the turrets.

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    The dimensions are:

Length: 884m

Height: 288m

Width: 427m

Everything else is arbitrary at this point because I\'m still in the process of filling stuff in and desigining interior rooms (which sucks and takes forever and I\'m bad at it)

I had to upscale it a tiny bit (from the \"cannon\" 735m or something around there) in order to fit things in starmade lol.

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Well I played with the latest update a little bit today and I noticed one major problem now... Because of the new system for turning speed on ships... the Enterprise is borderline broken now :\\ saying it has a one degree per second turn radius would be stretching it, so I once again find myself asking advice on how to fix this. Will it make a difference if I put some engines on the sides of the ship? Or perhaps more spread out through out the interior of the ship. Either way, in it\'s current state the Enterprise can\'t even turn to get out of the way of an asteroid.... it has to stop, and go around it while facing the same direction... I think I\'ve seen planets rotate faster... Hardly befitting the flagship of the Federation!

Reaction score
    If you are making this on a server that you have full access to, there is an option with the server.cfg to scale the turning speed.

If that\'s not an option for you, you could catalog it and spawn it on SP, supposedly that process is much more reliable now. And then in SP you could change the turning scale in your own server.cfg

Hope that helps!

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    It does very much! Thank you sir! You are a life saver! But will this change be saved to the file itself once I make the server change or will it be reset upon moving the Enterprise to the server I\'m planning on moving it to; Elwyn Eternity?

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    So I did get a bit discouraged by the turn rate change but I\'m basically biting my tongue hoping theres another change before the enterprise is done. But I started working on the Enterprise again so don\'t fret! I\'ve bene finding myself taking a lot of liberties with the interior for the lack of good source material... I find it quite fun desiging my own ship actually lol. But enough about me... here\'s some interior shots you\'ve all been waiting for!

The Main Computer \"Core\" (Haha.. get it?! Core?!! Yeah, I need a life)

The main Mess Hall thing... Yeah... didn\'t do much else with this lol

I didn\'t quite know what to do with this room... So I decided to make it into a sort of 10-forward-esque room... So I guess it will end up some kind of lounge because I already have a mess hall.

I decided to make this thing on the bottom of the saucer a sort of observation deck thing

A view from inside the obeservation deck thing

Another view from the obeservation deck... of the deflector!

Oh, and since I think I forgot to show it... here\'s the main torpedo launcher (still don\'t know what kind of missles I\'m going to put inside of it)

And I leave you with one final shot of the Enterprise... from a different angle this time!