USS: Enterprise (JJ Abrams Version)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    This is the USS: Enterprise from the 2009 and 2013 movies, also referred to as the "JJprise" from the alternate universe. This ship has been in the works for about a week now and I was going to wait untill it was finished to post it but I became too impatient lol. So anyway here are a few screenshots of the work in progress sections and a few of the finished sections. Hope you enjoy!

Impulse Engines

Main Engineering

Shuttle Bay Exterior

Shuttle Bay Interior

Main Deflector

A view of the entire (not close to complete) ship

**UPDATE**

Some corridors on the inside of the ship

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Might be too late for you to change but I have some suggestions

1. The nacelle pylons are too bowed, needs to be more subtle.

2. The secondary hull should get narrower towards the back.

3. The primary hull should not be flat. This one is one that can be implemented now

I love you deflector, it is the bit to star trek ships I always find difficult. I\'m looking forward to the completion of this

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Thank you for your advice kind sir! and yeah, I plan on doing a lot of touch up work on the saucer. I was going to go through and fix the curves on it and making it more like the one you see on screen. The secondary hull does get narrower towards the back, I probably just picked a bad angle :\\ and I\'m doing my best on the nacelle pylons, however that is the part i seem to be having the most trouble with... I have gone through a couple different versions of them and none of them have made me happy so far... so if you have any advice on how to fix them that would be greatly appreciated! :D!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do you plan on making this ship combat ready (i.e a good source of power/, shields, thrust) using a reactor or something. Also do you plan on doing the interior for the bays and everything?

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Yes, yes, and yes! The ship is going to be quite the powerhouse, as I plan on filling the behemoth nacelles with nothing but power regeneration. The only thing that isn\'t going to be \"combat ready\" about the ship is I won\'t be placing any automated turrets along the hull because they don\'t really fit with the star trek ships :\\ so all of its firepower will be front facing until there\'s a better way to shoot behind you. On the bright side when I\'m all done I plan on the enterprise being able to something similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5sfQtMbvxw I probably cant get that kind of fire rate for the torpedos out of missles but I should be able to make the \"phasers\" pretty screen accurate with the antimatter cannons... they just won\'t be red :(

Reaction score
    If you want you can use heatseeker missiles since you won\'t have turrets... sure they will attack friendly ships but for those times you just want to spam attacks all around you ;)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Yeah so I clicked on the wrong reply button earlier and ended up replying to myself answering your question but anyway, this should answer your question about ship interior. (Yes that is the arboretum from the original enterprise) I don\'t plan on doing a full 1:1 interior because there has to be some room for energy regeneration and weapons, but expect a decent amount of ship interior that you can do whatever you please with :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    While I love seeing people making star trek ships, I must say that the engineering hull\'s shape is not streamlined or canon to the actual ship; And please don\'t claim that it\'s not a problem by saying \"it\'s not done\", because if the hull shape stays as it is, it\'s not really canon.

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Thanks for the feedback! The reason I posted this as a work in progress is so I could get feedback from other people and adjust the ship accordingly. However, I must say im a tad confused by your comment... The enginnering hull was almost done (at least I thought it was) but I don\'t have much canon to work with for the JJprise... there\'s certain very subtle curves that I\'m not sure I can pull off with blocks. I am making multiple passes around trying to make things a tad more curvier but if you have any suggestions I will implement them :)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Its currently around a 45 degree angle, but seeing as I havent even started the neck yet, I am still in a prime spot to change the angle... Do you have any suggestions on the specific angle you think should be used?

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Star Trek, especially the new one, totally uses turrets. You would just have to make them ball turrets submerged in the hull to get any power from them.

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Well I still can\'t decide on a pylon design that makes me happy, but I have started the nacelles along with a lot of interior work as well. I also finished the first part of the nacelles today! The strange JJ bussard collectors! (It\'s just the glass so far but meh)

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    So, I got burned out of starmade for a little while but all is well now and here\'s a picture of the 95% complete nacelles/pylons! About time!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The nacceles really help pull this project together. I really like them

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    So the top of the saucer is done (the interior of the bridge is done as well, and I\'m really happy with the way it turned out... I just couldnt get a good enough angle of the bridge to do it justice :l). I\'m not very happy with the blue part of the bridge dome, so I\'ll have to come back to that and smooth it out at a later date. I\'m not 100% satisfied with the registry either, but that just requires some polish then I can finalize it, anyway! Hope you enjoy!

Top of the saucer (I hid some AMC\'s where the phaser turrets go becuase I couldnt come up with enough of a ball shaped turret to fit in that tiny space)

View of the nacelles from the aft section of deck 2 (it\'s where I have the emergency airlock to get to the bridge so you don\'t have to walk all the way from the shuttle bay to get there if you\'re in a hurry)

View of the entire thing from afar... I\'m quite happy with the way it\'s turning out... I thought the saucer was going to give me as much of a headache as the nacelles did. :D

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    So I downloaded the latest patch today and the docking \"fix\" ended up making all of the docking areas in the shuttle bay (save for the work-bees for some stupid reason) way too big. I fiddled around with it a little bit but I have no idea how to get the docking areas to where I can dock the shuttles and not have them sticking out of the side of the hull. :\\

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    \"fix\" was apparently made couse some stupid kid on redit said he was having Messed up Docking things and schema took him literally :(

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    I\'ll try to play around with the docking modules a little more... shuttles hanging off the edge of the platform are better than no shuttles at all... Still though... I wonder how many other people\'s shuttle bays/turret placements are screwed up now becuase of the patch... If I can\'t get it to work, I guess there will be a nice pretty shuttle bay to look at... becuase that\'s all it would be good for... :(