Update Armor Skins

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So in other words because you do not like how armor currently looks you want it changed to your personal tastes?
    Yes Red, thats why its in Suggestions. I would like to see part of the game be different, so I laid out what I would like to see changed, why I would like to see it changed, and offered some suggestions on what I would like to see it changed to.

Thats the entire point of this forum. If you think the game is perfect as is, I would recommend you not read this forum.

Reactions: Thingie
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes Red, thats why its in Suggestions. I would like to see part of the game be different, so I laid out what I would like to see changed, why I would like to see it changed, and offered some suggestions on what I would like to see it changed to.

Thats the entire point of this forum. If you think the game is perfect as is, I would recommend you not read this forum.
    Maybe you should visit Texture Packs and suggest it there.
    Textures can be very subjective from person to person, and texture packs exists for this reason.

G

GDPR 302420

Textures can be very subjective from person to person, and texture packs exists for this reason.
    Exactly my point to Edymnion if you are unhappy with the vanilla textures (its evident most are fine with them as this seems to be the only thead to complain about them) then how about you use a texure pack?

Or better yet, make your own.

The reason you want textures changed is because of your own personal requirements, not because there is any actual benefit over the current textures other then satisfying your own subjective requirements that can already be catered to with texture packs.

This suggestion is 100% useless and a waste of forum space, you'd be better off making a suggestion that would actually benefit this game outside of your own personal subjective requirements for a game that people other then you play.

I'd lob this thread under the "implemented" tag, as this can already be done with texture packs.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Exactly my point to Edymnion if you are unhappy with the vanilla textures (its evident most are fine with them as this seems to be the only thead to complain about them) then how about you use a texure pack.

If I was good enough at making them, I would, Red. I'm not. Hence why I'm asking.
    The reason you want textures changed is because of your own personal requirements, not because there is any actual benefit over the current textures other then satisfying your own subjective requirements that can already be catered to with texture packs.
    Same can be said about many things I've seen you suggest, my dear boy.
    This suggestion is 100% useless and a waste of forum space,
    *looks around*
    Oh yes, because we are so bustling with activity right now that I'm totally just pushing far more valid suggestions off the forum.

Go back to the "Anti-PvP Agenda" stuff when you try to harass me, please. It was more enjoyable.

Reaction score
    Exactly my point to Edymnion if you are unhappy with the vanilla textures (its evident most are fine with them as this seems to be the only thead to complain about them) then how about you use a texure pack?

This suggestion is 100% useless and a waste of forum space, you'd be better off making a suggestion that would actually benefit this game outside of your own personal subjective requirements for a game that people other then you play.

I'd lob this thread under the "implemented" tag, as this can already be done with texture packs.
    I like that you're promoting texture packs, we need more tbh. But many suggestions are personal requirements. Sometimes others could have the same requirements. If enough support exists then maybe schine adds it in. I personally like using adv armor but dont like the tile feeling just because I decide to armor tank my stuff.

G

GDPR 302420

If I was good enough at making them, I would, Red. I'm not. Hence why I'm asking.
    >Implying its hard to make a texture pack

So in other words because you are not willing to be the change you want to see, you want Schine to cater to your own subjective personal requirements?

I have said this about your PvE suggestions and I will say it again for this one: Be the change you want to see, it isnt difficult.

Same can be said about many things I've seen you suggest, my dear boy.
    Unlike this one, my own suggestions at least make some attempt to be something actually beneficial for the game as a whole.

But many suggestions are personal requirements. Sometimes others could have the same requirements.
    Most people who make suggestions will at suggest something that is beneficial to the game as a whole (or at least they believe is beneficial)

This suggestion is just a case of "I like Y when it works like X so I demand we change Y to work like X so my own personal subjective requirements are satisfies regardless of what others think of it"

Its kinda selfish tbh, I mean you could just make a texture pack or use an existing one.

Oh yes, because we are so bustling with activity right now that I'm totally just pushing far more valid suggestions off the forum.
    A subforum having not much activity is not a justification to fill it with useless shit.

Go back to the "Anti-PvP Agenda" stuff when you try to harass me, please. It was more enjoyable.
    I wonder how long until eddy figures out that it disagreeing with someone isnt harassing them? :thinking:
    [doublepost=1506785362,1506785329][/doublepost]For you Edymnion <3

https://www.getpaint.net/

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    >Implying its hard to make a texture pack
    To be fair a good one takes time and effort, something that Edy should be able to achieve I'd hope. I mean his ships at least look decent.

Reaction score
    Most people who make suggestions will at suggest something that is beneficial to the game as a whole (or at least they believe is beneficial)

This suggestion is just a case of "I like Y when it works like X so I demand we change Y to work like X so my own personal subjective requirements are satisfies regardless of what others think of it"

Its kinda selfish tbh, I mean you could just make a texture pack or use an existing one.
    Not every suggestion has to affect the game as a whole. Its not selfish. He doesn't like something and suggests it to change for what he thinks is better =/= selfish. If other people don't like it, its very likely its not going to get implemented , and if lots of people like it, it may possibly get implemented in the future.

G

GDPR 302420

Not every suggestion has to affect the game as a whole. Its not selfish. He doesn't like something and suggests it to change for what he thinks is better =/= selfish. If other people don't like it, its very likely its not going to get implemented , and if lots of people like it, it may possibly get implemented in the future.
    There is a difference between making a suggestion for the sake of the game and making a suggestion for the sake of satisfying personal requirements that do not benefit the game or anyone who plays it with the sole exception of those who would share Eddys subjective views on looks.

Reaction score
    A difference, RedAlert_007, you seem to be forgetting quite readily.

Your suggestions universally improve PVP, the side of the game you like most, without doing anything to aid (Or even harming) the building/PVE sides of the game. For instance, changing homebase protection might very well make it hard to impossible for non-competitive/less-competitive builders to exist on many servers.

Yes, I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it's necessary. Nobody can make a suggestion for this game without falling back on their own prejudices, because we all want something from this game, and we suggest improvements to this or that area of the game, and not to the areas we don't care about.

Reaction score
    There is a difference between making a suggestion for the sake of the game and making a suggestion for the sake of satisfying personal requirements that do not benefit the game or anyone who plays it with the sole exception of those who would share Eddys subjective views on looks.
    Which is precisely what suggestions are for. If a lot of people share his subjective views, it may change. It's a completely valid suggestion. The philosophical implication of selfishness though, is not the right place for here, and is just a bad label for the OP. It could be argued that everything done is selfish.

G

GDPR 302420

RIP Eddy Suggestion #234

Pulled off topic by lynch mob bait game

2017-2017

Never forget

A difference, RedAlert_007, you seem to be forgetting quite readily.

Your suggestions universally improve PVP, the side of the game you like most, without doing anything to aid (Or even harming) the building/PVE sides of the game. For instance, changing homebase protection might very well make it hard to impossible for non-competitive/less-competitive builders to exist on many servers.

Yes, I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it's necessary. Nobody can make a suggestion for this game without falling back on their own prejudices, because we all want something from this game, and we suggest improvements to this or that area of the game, and not to the areas we don't care about.
    Which is precisely what suggestions are for. If a lot of people share his subjective views, it may change. It's not selfish and a completely valid suggestion.
    Again, there is a difference between making a suggestion for the benefit of the game and making a suggestion for your own personal benefit regardless of anyone else except for people who agree with you.

Eddy's suggestion was the latter.

Now can we get back on topic or do you wanna keep pulling threads off topic with your bait game?

Reaction score
    RIP Eddy Suggestion #234

Pulled off topic by lynch mob bait game

2017-2017

Never forget

Again, there is a difference between making a suggestion for the benefit of the game and making a suggestion for your own personal benefit regardless of anyone else except for people who agree with you.
    ????
    you say his suggestion is useless, I say its not, then your doing as much derailing as me. I dont know what beef your have between edyminion, but it would be nice if kept off the forums and in pm/serverside battle.
    this is a suggestion to make the game look better in Edymnion 's eyes. it benefits him and anyone who agrees with him. just like any other suggestion and anyone who agrees with any other suggestion.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well this has been fun I guess? Imo end result of this thread should be

Go make a texture pack yourself or with others or reboot one you like.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    If a lot of people share his subjective views, it may change. It's a completely valid suggestion.
    Exactly. Lots of successful texture changes have been made this way previously.

Don't stop sharing your ideas or constructive critique.

Reactions: silverfoe

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    1) Red, stay on topic and be careful with how you are talking to other members. You are walking a fine line on this thread currently.

2) If anything having options for both designs (tiled and seamless) would be really cool because it can add more dimensions to ships are more options for everyone. One thing people tend to love most about creative games like this is variety of texture and block options. If anything rather then just a texture pack someone adding a mod for more blocks with different textures would be pretty dandy.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    omeone adding a mod for more blocks with different textures would be pretty dandy.
    The game isn't in a position to support a mod. Things change too much and packs get broken even when you think they shouldn't be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Actually, if a custom block pack were to be made with the custom block texture and custom block config that is separate from the base config, then it wouldn't break with every update.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Actually, if a custom block pack were to be made with the custom block texture and custom block config that is separate from the base config, then it wouldn't break with every update.
    Would it need to be reinstalled with every game update though?