Universe Restoration

Reaction score
    I don't think this would apply to the server thread ,but if so lemme know. I'm having a terrible time finding a universe restoration thread anywhere. I've found one and it isn't working for me. So I figured to ask on a friends advice.

So here's the problem. I've self hosted a server with friends. I kept up with backups just in case. The server ended up going dormant for awhile so I did a final backup to restore later. The problem being is the restoration does not seem to be taking hold. I have all of the blueprints ,but the universe and player inventories ect are not working. The only advice I found was the crack the backup folder and replace the 3 files into the starmade main folder. (overwrite) Saved of course.
    The only thing that has changed is I've swapped linux distros and reloaded everything and I have just the backup files with fresh install of Starmade.

Reaction score
    Just a shot in the dark... does WORLD=yourworldhere in server.cfg point to the correct universe directory? Is the directory readable to the server process – which may run as another user – including subdirectories? Does your server actually use the config file you're looking at?