1. Hi, we have migrated servers and have done some backend reconfiguration. If you experience any issues, please report it in the "SMD Discussion" forum.
      Dismiss Notice

Universe Restoration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nicodemus, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Nicodemus

I don't think this would apply to the server thread ,but if so lemme know. I'm having a terrible time finding a universe restoration thread anywhere. I've found one and it isn't working for me. So I figured to ask on a friends advice.

So here's the problem. I've self hosted a server with friends. I kept up with backups just in case. The server ended up going dormant for awhile so I did a final backup to restore later. The problem being is the restoration does not seem to be taking hold. I have all of the blueprints ,but the universe and player inventories ect are not working. The only advice I found was the crack the backup folder and replace the 3 files into the starmade main folder. (overwrite) Saved of course.
      The only thing that has changed is I've swapped linux distros and reloaded everything and I have just the backup files with fresh install of Starmade.

2. Valck

Just a shot in the dark... does WORLD=yourworldhere in server.cfg point to the correct universe directory? Is the directory readable to the server process – which may run as another user – including subdirectories? Does your server actually use the config file you're looking at?