United Colonial Corps Shipyards and Fleet

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don't know if anybody has been waiting with bated breath for this one but I finally uploaded the Rapier.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've edited the main page to be more expandable for the catalog. Each class has it's own section and images and links are contained within.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've released the Dagger Gunboat, hopefully all her issues have been sorted out and she's been tested on another server. I'm not sure if the download it'self was corupted but every copy of the ship on my private server was.

This was my first designs and one of my favorites to this day. She set the style for the entire line of ships and the UCC would not be where it is today without her.

Reaction score
    I thinck il modify the guns and send the to you/when im done guns will shoot fster breack throu shealds faster and have working air lock you push a boton and it will open :D other wise great ships just not the guns

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I thinck il modify the guns and send the to you/when im done guns will shoot fster breack throu shealds faster and have working air lock you push a boton and it will open :D other wise great ships just not the guns
    None of my ships have been updated for the .15 weapons update, that's why the guns shoot slowly (3 second reloads for stock cannons). Increasing the fire rate will also not make them break shields faster unless you give them the Ion ability as all cannons the same size will have the same DPS. I am in the process of refitting ships but as the game is in an unstable, unbalanced state right now I'll not be releasing any of these until at least shields are fixed.

I'm not that worried about putting smart airlocks on smaller ships and just simply always having one door closed and one door open defeats the purpose of having an "airlock"

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    With the looming shield split it will be a little longer before anymore UCC ships are released.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So you may be asking yourself "Where has Sven been?"... well probably not. Truthfully I got really burned out on star-made with all the new system changes that had happened and all the ones still to come. So I took a break, a nice long one. I lurked on the forums but rarely ever logged in. I went on a COD bender for a while and while I tried to get back into Starmade on several occasions but it just didn't click.

Well recently I've gotten back in full swing. All my ships have been gathering dust in several different universes and spread across several sectors so I've been gathering my forces and most of my finished ships are undergoing extensive refits.

Every one of these ships have seen at least some refitting. Some of them are just about ready to be uploaded. Every ship has undergone combat trials testing out turrets, weapons, effects, and defenses. The more I fight my own ships the more improvements I make. I am also attempting to update the aesthetics of all my ships as well. While UCC ships will always be bulky tanky looking ships there is no reason I can't make them somewhat more interesting while still adhering to my building code and my personally limited artistic scope. I am actually quite happy with the results so far even if a few ships have given me major grief when updating. I've spent at least 6 hours on the Tanto Corvette tonight getting it just right.

Poor Stiletto, that torpedo from my Tanto really ruined your day.

Sadly the Hammer is still a long ways from being released. She's quite large and in need of a complete engine/power/shield overhaul as well as new weapons and a full compliment of turrets. The Longsword on the other hand was refit with new system before my hiatus and only needed a few minor tweaks and some logic. I want to give it a few more looks over as I've made a few good notes in recent combat trials.

The Scycle will also be along way off from fully refit. She is my only ship that has not even received her penta/tetra bath. Everything is out of date on that ship. I am also not very happy with her internal layout so I'll need to more or less gut the ship. She is also the poorest of my ships in looks so I'll have to spend a lot of time looking over her shell as well.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Glad that your back.

Unfortunately you are no longer close to passing my post count :p

Reaction score
    Ya we got a builder back! Two things to say though trace and Saturn went belly up and the DFN is leting the refugees onto there sever to build

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

The Scycle Class Destroyer is looking pretty good with a full penta/tetra bath now. She's also sporting a new main deck gun (which is nothing more than a shell at this point but I have many plans for the guts.) I still have not revealed the Pièce de résistance of my refits yet but it has been teased in one of the pictures.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I was a little bored and killing time before heading to bed so I threw a Scycle to the wolves. Most of the turrets are current stock but the main ship has zero effective shields, nothing is factioned so that also caused issues. I recorded the whole endeavor and captured this jem:

One frame later and there isn't much of that Isanth left.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm not sure if I actually have ADD but it sure seems like it. I can't seem to work on any one ship long enough to make significant progress. I spent yesterday prototyping new weapon systems and I'm quite happy with the results. I look forward to when I can finally build a NEW ship to take advantage of these systems.

Today my (Gaming)ADD had me work on the Heron and Stiletto some more. The Heron only got a small hull tweak and a trip to land on a planet but The Stiletto is on Combat trial version 4 now. Each combat run I learn more and more about the ship, how she handles and what she needs to be a decent combatant.

Combat Trials 101: If you cannot defeat a slightly larger AI target your ship isn't ready for true combat.

While significantly smaller than a Dagger, and it showed in this run, the trial run was successful. The turrets were gone in no time and that large hole in the side leaves the core completely exposed but the core was unscathed and cockpit still pressurized. I can only suspect the large amount of aft damage to the Dagger was caused by torpedoes missing and turning back around.

The original on board guns were stripped out as they proved to be to ineffective and keeping high maneuverability with missiles was a better option. She sports two indirect Mb-1000 Radar Missiles and an Mp2-2-1 Torpedo. The CT4 Stiletto features the addition of a small anti missile machine gun because there is nothing worse than watching incoming missiles with no recourse but to watch, thus was the failing of the CT3.

Corvettes will feature higher TMRs and favor shield Regen over capacity. They will also have overdrive is possible (doubt it at 10%. I know some people argue "you don't need 100%" but at such a high block cost I'm not sure it's worth trading out shields for the small increase in speed I'd get. I don't build doom cubes, breadnaughts, or war boxes, system space on my ships goes at a premium.)

I can honestly say I'm surprised the Stiletto has made it this far in my lineup. The last time I refit this ship I said it was the last as I was just jamming systems in to make her effective and I wasn't really happy with the way it turned out. Now I find myself thinking "I'm bored I think I'll take that old Stiletto out for a combat run" so I guess she's a "good" ship this time around. I do really find Starmade in small scale more interesting. At the scale I build ships "One Hit Kills" are not a problem and fights are interesting as well as not immediately over when the shields fail. The last time I fought a big ship against it's-self I vaporized my opponent with a massive missile swarm when the shields fell... It was quite anti-climactic.

Reactions: Rumcajz

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Just having an effect computer without modules still helps.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just having an effect computer without modules still helps.
    When you get 76kph with a bunch of modules I doubt the computer does much. I have to gather some empirical data, replace x number of shields with overdrive and see what it gets me. It may be worth it on the smaller ships as the gains will be higher per block, although smaller ships tend to have a higher hull to system ratio so systems are even more at a premium. I see more combat trials in my future. (Good thing I love a good AI fight)

Preliminary Findings: My Lark A1 Scout (A perfect candidate for Overdrive).

It took 12 modules to break 100kph, that's a potential loss of 653 shields, which works out to a 35% increase in speed for a 35% drop in shields. For a scout this is deemed acceptable as scouts shouldn't be in open combat anyway.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well this is an interesting twist. Version .1792 has a lot of config tweaks including every weapon seems to have double range and speed. Radar Missiles are insane with this setup so all combat trials done before today are pretty much null and void in determining my ships effectiveness.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Good News! I've finally gotten around to uploading some updates to a few of my ships, these updates include full overhauls or simple system refits. Every ship has also had a hull refit to better shape them out.

Click on the respective ships to go to their download page as well as view their full write up and see more pictures.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I know I am not updating these as quick as I would like but I finally got around to uploading another ship. I finally found the perfect backdrop for taking screenshots without needing to use a separate universe so I have fewer excuses now. The Goshawk as finished combat trials so MK2 and MK3 should be up later. I also have a bunch of civilian ships ready to go.

The Gull Fighter Bomber may be a fairly ugly bird with her fat body and large flat wings. She was designed for long range guerrilla encounters so the Gull is one of the few UCC fighters designed with a quick charge jump system. An emergency backup jump computer is not standard so make sure to charge before your bombing run and flee before shields drop.

* This ship features a unique primary weapons array. It has been designed to easily adapt to multiple modes of fire without the need to field multiple variants. The stock ship features two sets of four Mb-0 Radar Missiles. These can be fired as dumb rockets or using a target lock. If the primary missile computers are linked the weapons instantly convert into four Mm-1000 IR Missile tubes. Converting it back is as easy as linking the missile computers back up to their beam targeting computers and reassigning the light to the previous slave. If you only want the Mm-1000 IR missiles the old targeting computers can be swapped out for more shields or that emergency jump system.

Download:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/ucc-ftr-766-a1-gull-fighter-bomber.448/

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    I like you designs, you have put a lot of work into the smaller designs which is really nice as i find smaller ships are the hardest to make cool, space and the fact that the blocks are pretty big makes it a challenge you dont get on large ships.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer