[UEF] United Earth Federation

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Hello people of starmade! I am a longstanding community member that has returned to the game to try and rebuild an original faction known as UEF.

Really long backstory and lore:
    In the 33rd Century, the old Earth Empire finally collapsed. As chaos engulfed the interstellar empire, the military, under the aegis of the Earth Command, stepped forward to restore order.

Acting in a severe and often draconian manner, Earth Command made the difficult decisions that politicians, mired in corruption and their own self-interest, could not. Entire worlds were abandoned, and much of the Quantum Gate network was intentionally destroyed in an effort to isolate the retreating Prime Worlds from the rest of the galaxy.

Despite the best efforts of the military, civil war erupted. After a hundred years, Earth Command was finally able to restore order and establish a new government, which was christened the United Earth Federation.

Rules:
    1. No stealing if you should need something talk with a quartermaster.
    2. Be respectful to higher ranks and other group members.
    3. Be respectful towards other groups and their members regardless of what they do to you.
    4. Be honest, no one likes a lier.
    5. Do not intentionally sabotage the work of other members or the group.

Ranks/Jobs:
    We are not just a military, but also an empire!
    [Civilian] A standard citizen of the Federation you have the right to own land within the federations territory and you are considered a non-combatant in times of war.

[Miner] You mine ores and other materials to sell to the federation government or other players. You have the same permissions as the civilian.

[Merchant]. You buy your wares from UEF settlements or from allied factions and bring them back to sell at a UEF colony or in a far away star system.

[Explorer] You explore the galaxy looking for new and exciting places. You work for the government, but you are considered to be an independent entity.

[Civilian Ship Maker] You create ships for civilian and non-combat use. To sell in UEF settlements.

[Civilian Engineer] You work in civilian owned factories. Making whatever it is that they are making.

[ARMY RANKS]
    {S} = Starting rank.

{S} [Enlistee] Rank number E1 you are a standard untrained foot soldier in the army, to progress you must attend an army training.

[Private] Rank number E2 you are the standard trained soldier of the army.

[Corporal] Rank number E3 you have reached the first NCO rank.

[Sergeant] Rank number E4 you command a squad and you are at the second NCO rank.

[Lieutenant] Rank number E5. You are at the first commissioned officer rank you command a platoon.

[Captain] Rank number E6. You are a well versed and experienced officer you lead a company.

[Major] Rank number E7. You are at the top echelon of achievable ranks you lead a battalion.

[General] Rank number O1 you are a general you have been hand picked to lead a division of troops in the army.

[LAW-ENFORCEMENT]

{S} [Cadet] You are learning the ropes. You do not have the power to make arrests yet, a veteran officer will mentor you until you are ready to advance.

[Officer] Good work you are a full fledged officer you may now make arrests and go on patrols by yourself.

[Veteran Officer] You are a longstanding experienced member of the force and you now mentor cadets.

[Police Chief] You lead the police force in a settlement/colony.

[NAVAL RANKS]

{S} [Ensign] Welcome to the navy you have a lot to learn.

[Pilot] You are a pilot.

[Technician] You keep the ship running.

[Shipwright] You build the ships. Ships will be different in each star system to reflect each sectors independent government.

[Ships Captain] You captain a ship.

[Commodore] You command two ships.

[Admiral] You command a fleet which is anywhere from 3-6 ships.

[GOVERNMENT POSITIONS]

{S} [Clerk] You do the basic government tasks that you are asked to do.

[Quartermaster] You are in charge of the supplies in a settlement or colony.

[Judge] You over see cases in a court of law. Courts will be system wide rather than having one per settlement.

[Banker] You run the monetary dealings of a settlement.

[Mayor] You govern a settlement.

[Governor] You are in charge of a star system.

[Functions of each armed forces branch]

Army: To safe guard the planet surface and to make space to ground assaults.

Law-Enforcement: To enforce the laws and rules.

Navy: To keep the space ways clear for civilian travel.

[Federation wide laws]
    These are the laws that are mandatory in each star system any other laws will be made by the governor. These are different than rules.

1. Citizens have the right to free trade.

2. Citizens have the right to dock at settlements.

3. Citizens have the right to freedom of speech and beliefs.

4. Piracy is illegal any caught committing it shall be imprisoned and tried.

[Application]

IGN:

Previous experience:

Why you wish to join:

What job you want:

Why you want that job:

A list of your skills on a 1/10 basis:

Any additional question, comments, or information:

[SERVER] When we are officially setup we will start out on this server:
    Parallax 45.56.114.32:4242

Thank you for reading have a nice day!

UEF UNITE!

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    To clear confusion I believe the UEF (United Elwyn Factions) and uef (United Earth Federation) should be represented in these ways.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    How about the UEF, being older and just coming back, keep UEF and you call the United Elwyn Federation El-fed?

Reaction score
    Well, we will see about this revival I am the only original member of the old faction, so this revival may not last long. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this UEF.

Reaction score
    It takes a while to build interest Space, Start from your infrastructure outwards. Do not worry about ships right now. Get the ranks/base/policies in order then focus your eyes on recruitment. Once you recruit and there is a rendezvous area (your base) then initiate construction with your new members and watch your fleet grow. As far as I'm concerned UEF is acronym while I agree with WarSong, it shouldn't matter what his name is as long as he is doing what his faction set out to do. No one entity should be placed in all caps while lowering another. EVERYONE has a fair chance and Odium will ensure that, or we will awaken and crush those who oppose fair chances free of slander and oppression.

B.L.U.F - Focus on getting the engine working correctly, before you focus on the appearance of the faction. Speak with a member of Odium and we can assist in your infrastructure management. Liaisons are as follows: Leanson, ZoroZeenee, Myself, AceFace, Matt_Bradock, and any other ranking member of an odium faction. Just stay motivated and keep at it.

Reaction score
    I don't think he knows who he is speaking to. I am the one person on this game that you don't talk to about odium.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Oh, also, the reason I chose all caps verses no caps was because I knew someone would white knight it. I was really, really hoping it would be you Black, you like doing this type of thing. Spacecomando last time I checked was anti-odium. From here, you have a two realistic options;
    You could claim that the UEF is oppressing the uef or whatever, and support people who dislike you.
    You could back out and leave the UEF in capitals and the uef in lowercase, and support people who dislike you.
    Either way, I win. Honestly, I like Odium. I started in Odium. If I had my way, the Thryn would be aligned with Odium. I do not like you.

Reaction score
    Again, where new players or factions start we will assist. Regardless if they are to become enemies or allies. You don't have to like me, I honestly don't care. I along with the other leaders of Odium care about one thing, Warfare. The way I see it, UEF can be whatever he wants it to be regardless of whether its caps or not. There is a reason we are called Odium, we feed off your hate and anger. So please give us more, otherwise I'd suggest following FlyingDebris plan and melting down every asset you have. Spawn titans and hide. We will awaken, and as a war time alliance we love something to fan the flames. Now Jaas, let not your perception of me give you false information. You should really get to know your enemy before stating you don't like them. For if you like zorozeenee or Leanson then you would most certainly like find commonalities with me. We can all pretty much speak for each other. Either way we will follow our pursuits to ensure everyone has a fair chance in whatever starmade server the larger factions scurry off too. With our armament I'm pretty sure we can enforce such a thing as well.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Again, where new players or factions start we will assist. Regardless if they are to become enemies or allies. You don't have to like me, I honestly don't care. I along with the other leaders of Odium care about one thing, Warfare. The way I see it, UEF can be whatever he wants it to be regardless of whether its caps or not. There is a reason we are called Odium, we feed off your hate and anger. So please give us more, otherwise I'd suggest following FlyingDebris plan and melting down every asset you have. Spawn titans and hide. We will awaken, and as a war time alliance we love something to fan the flames. Now Jaas, let not your perception of me give you false information. You should really get to know your enemy before stating you don't like them. For if you like zorozeenee or Leanson then you would most certainly like find commonalities with me. We can all pretty much speak for each other. Either way we will follow our pursuits to ensure everyone has a fair chance in whatever starmade server the larger factions scurry off too. With our armament I'm pretty sure we can enforce such a thing as well.
    It's interesting that you bring that up, flying's plan, of which, you know my response to. In remaining inactive, you lose incentive to play the game. The game is boring without anyone to fight. I know that you'd love to have some conflict, and I know that you're not going to get it from me.

Interesting that you didn't mention Doughnut as an Odium leader. Right now I don't know a ton about the internal structure of odiums high ups, but from what I can see, Zoro's just doing what Zoro's always done, getting people riled up and ready to fight. Leansons doing what Leansons always done, mostly working behind the scenes and staying away from the public. Doughnuts doing what Doughnuts always done, building impressive ships. You however, have gone from leading a large faction to leading a large alliance. You seem to be used to deciding things on your own, and that appears to be fairly prevalent in how you act within the pact. There used to be rules about what members could join factions, and those rules still apply to the Vaygr from what I can see, however those rules don't seem to apply to you. There used to be a way leaders would conduct themselves amongst other players, if you followed that, I wouldn't want to keep flaming here, I'd have lost in everyones eyes already, and two people certainly wouldn't have rated your post funny.

Anyways, respond if you want. I've laid out what I set out to lay out. Everyone can see my reasoning; I don't like negative change. Maybe some people will disagree. Maybe some people will agree. Guess we'll just have to see.

Reaction score
    You're right I failed to mention Doughnut, my apologies to him as I was unaware if he was still active. Haven't had the opportunity to speak to him on teamspeak for bit. I can however, assure you that my choices are not my own, but the Odium as a whole. The rules on members joining are still in place they must have voice communications. We just do not see it fit to ban people from joining a faction simply based upon their age, stature, or gender. Again Odium will always be about giving everyone a chance. Even the little guy. I'm sorry this opposes the elitist agenda set by many larger factions but us being Odium like to go against the grain. I have no ill feelings for anyone in this community. Granted I'm very opinionated and know how to get to people like the best of them. I still see every faction, leader, and player as a balance to the scale of this game.
    That being said, If you have a opinion on how Odium should conduct it's operations, join the pact. Otherwise the rules, changes, and structure has been set forth in a way we as a collective deemed fit. All changes were agreed upon by all leaders/acting leaders. Even when Zoro returned I explained said changes and he agreed. Should ANY leader of Odium feel that there is an unjust policy or feel differently about a policy, we have instituted a Transparent Open-Door policy whereas anyone who wishes to discuss them inside the pact no matter ranks may approach us without reproach and question us regarding our ethics. Think of Odium as Anonymous, we are a collective answering to each other with no real leader running the pact. Only a representativeof the will of Odium. Your inability to look past me as a player and into the fact I'm simply a representation of the will of Odium shows that you have an odd grudge against me for no political or legitimate reason. However, it does not concern me as I have said before we feed off your anger and rage. It is like gas to a fire, we simply need a bellows to fan the flames. Should

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    What made the post amusing to me was how you compared yourself to Zoro. You may have similar ideals and goals, but you are nothing like Zoro, who never cared what people did so long as you got your ass moving when the war banner was raised. Zoro, who never needed to write long winded posts because he preferred talking to people personally on TS, and solving things through show of action. Honestly, I don't even think Zoro would care if the entire structure of Odium was turned upsidedown, so long as he could fight when he got trigger happy.

I also dislike how you attempt to generate wars. This is a game, and if you're causing people to leave it by personal insults and destroying personal trust and relations, then you got a problem. It's like you were trying to ape Ridik and failed horrible, but kept trying anyways because "Grrr Aggressive".

It also becomes sad when you have to feed and raise up smaller factions because no one wants to fight you anymore. It's fine to be PvP focused, but when no one wants to play your game anymore, perhaps you should take a closer look at what you were doing, and seeing if it was all really necessary.

Reaction score
    It's funny because Zorozeenee is now forged in the same fires I am forged in, his actions are exactly like my actions. He has received the same training I have, and gained the same values as me. We are brothers in blood and conflict. I just write long winded post to appease the audience who refuses to fight and maintains being keyboard warriors. Though we as a faction in server follow a policy of Facta Non Verba. We must maintain our physical presence on the forums as well. As for that I was appointed to fill the role. In server seldom do we talk and often are we sitting 2-3Km outside of our enemies homebase hoping they will quit hiding behind turrets. As for personal insults, Idk if you have been watching lately but those have stopped, and what I said previously was mostly true. People are getting too thin-skinned and taking them personally. What needs to happen is people need to learn to shrug things off. Like every insult thrown at me, my faction, or Odium. We shrug it off and laugh as we salvage the remains of our enemies. I never intended to be like ridik whatsoever. Though I'm sure he taught some valuable lessons (since it's always smart to know the history of your predecessors) they were things that needed to be learnt and things that needed to be enacted on. Honestly, I don't give a **** whether anyone likes me or not. I'm here to play a game and win by ANY means possible. Once players realize that this is a game and you're going to be assaulted (physically or verbally) then the community might actually start going wild with activity. This being wars/recruiting/building. Right now it's a bunch of resource hoarding and whining when they lose it. Simply put, we as Odium DO NOT CARE what anyone thinks we will continue to act as we please until one or more members begin to find problems with those actions. So far these actions have been within standing between all faction leaders. Thus we will continue our path whether any of you like it or not. We will always raise smaller factions because its FAIR, not everyone starts with a silver spoon in mouth on the servers and not all the smaller factions we help raise go enemy either. We just want to help organize this community as a whole. Right now its a playground where the kids are making up the rules as they go...and Odium has to be the Overseer ensuring that everyone gets the chance to play without slander or attack.

That being said, I issue the same invitation to you. If you have something to say about our policies in Odium join it and make a difference internally otherwise your opinions are of no significance to our operations.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    is now forged in the same fires I am forged in
    Forged is the wrong word here, as it implies a sort of similar origin, which is not the case. Slight gripe really, but when you try to be dramatic, it makes it kinda funny.
    sitting 2-3Km outside of our enemies homebase hoping they will quit hiding behind turrets.
    If you have to sit and wait for people, you're doing something wrong. Pvp has to be enjoyable to both people for it to be of any value, and sitting on their doorstep and taunting doesn't sound like a very fun experience. People are here to play the game and have fun, not bow to your will and sense of pleasure. Learn to respect your opponent.
    What needs to happen is people need to learn to shrug things off.
    This is a game meant for everyone, which includes people with severe personal problems and those underaged. You don't get to act like a dick and tell everyone else to grow up and man up, they don't have to conform to your standards.
    I'm here to play a game and win by ANY means possible.
    If winning is that important to you, you got problems. It's a game, lighten up.

Building and destroying ships is part of the game. Taunt, insulting and generally aggravating players is not. People are not part of the game, they are real and have their own opinions and experiences, you don't get to decide what is "just part of the game" for everyone. Either be respectable, or go find some server that follows your beliefs, you'd be surprised how many people would endure verbal assault for the sake of conflict and free resources. This isn't LoL.

That being said, I issue the same invitation to you. If you have something to say about our policies in Odium join it and make a difference internally otherwise your opinions are of no significance to our operations.
    I was a Vaygr Admiral, and I still have Zoro on Skype. If I had any intention of coming back, I would've messaged him there, or talked to Leanson (whose PM came in 3 days late btw, buggy chat is buggy). An invitation is almost insulting considering how easy it would be to rejoin if I had the will to.

But no, I am not Military, I am logistics, a role that the game doesn't fully recognize yet, and has no place in a Militarist alliance. Have you tried inviting Debbie yet?

Reaction score
    I'm not sure if you are aware of either mine or zoro's back ground but we are forged* in the same origin as far as occupation goes. Dramatics are not present in that statement because we are people put into a forge and molded into weapons. Therefore yes forged is the correct word. Should you choose to "easily" come back you will adhere to the new policies as well regardless of what rank you came back as unless it is a collective decision to abolish the policies which doesn't bother me at all. The point of Odium is winning war so yeah, our reputation kind of makes the objective winning. Just like Major League Gaming. If I failed to have respect for my opponent we would have set up a defense system outside their bases camping them as they scurried off to mine. We have not done such. Pretty much every part of your statement is invalid. WWII U.S defeats Germany and orders them to pay reparations, then tells Japan they are not allowed to have a military. Yes once you dominate someone they conform to your will or face another war. Clearly there is a mis-communication in the art of war within your belief system. We have found a server it's called Elwyn and we're perfectly fine nestled in our own galaxy and raiding enemies. We follow the rules there and just because you don't like us doesn't mean you get to control where WE go. Elitist logic at it's best, bud. We're here to stay, and so is our policies. Forcibly change it, or accept it. All it takes is one steam group message and our force is assembled mind you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.