Recognized by Council Two Quick Nav Suggestions

Reaction score
    There are a couple "quick fixes" that I feel would add a bit to the universe in terms of navigability:

- I'd love to see the ability to rename stars via the faction block when claiming a system. This way system names will mean something and help you navigate the galaxy.

- As somebody who likes to build on planets, I usually place a small, docked core on important plates to help me find them more quickly from orbit. Now, with the rail update, I find that I'm using a lot more docked cores for elevators and stuff, so it's harder to find these beacons. If there was some type of "navbeacon" block that could be targetable in a separate category of the navigation screen, it would be really helpful and decrease the clutter players like me have to wade through to find the relevant beacons.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    lol. You found the one current use for npcs, if you can manage to get him to your planet just have him sit on a tower to be your plate "beacon".

So you'd like an in sector waypoint?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I can see it now: "Alright troops, we're ready to begin our assault on the zomgBALLZ system, so suit up. We'll be passing through the MLG_360_NoScopePwner nebula and I don't want to have any trouble." :p

Reactions: BDLS and Keptick
    Reaction score
    I can see it now: "Alright troops, we're ready to begin our assault on the zomgBALLZ system, so suit up. We'll be passing through the MLG_360_NoScopePwner nebula and I don't want to have any trouble." :p
    IMO that is a matter of server moderation policy, same as with character or ship names; if the server is fine with that, it's their playground... I know I'll be off that server the minute I come across such a system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, I agree. Renaming owned territory is a good idea. Just had to take a moment and be ridiculous.

Reaction score
    Named territory would be a great addition to the game for sure. I can see it adding a certain sentimental value to factions systems and areas.

Reaction score
    :eek:-WHY CAN'T I ALREADY DO THIS?!!??!?!?!?!

But seriously, make this happen.

Reactions: nightrune

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I agree with everything. I want the Darkkon Sector, int he Darkkon Galaxy, with the Darkkon II planet....okay probably not but still an awesome idea!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There are a couple "quick fixes" that I feel would add a bit to the universe in terms of navigability:

- I'd love to see the ability to rename stars via the faction block when claiming a system. This way system names will mean something and help you navigate the galaxy.

- As somebody who likes to build on planets, I usually place a small, docked core on important plates to help me find them more quickly from orbit. Now, with the rail update, I find that I'm using a lot more docked cores for elevators and stuff, so it's harder to find these beacons. If there was some type of "navbeacon" block that could be targetable in a separate category of the navigation screen, it would be really helpful and decrease the clutter players like me have to wade through to find the relevant beacons.

Thanks!
    I found the same issue when it came to finding a base or something. The easy solution was basically a totem pole to indicate the different plates and have a indicator on it to the main base. that way no matter in orbit or on ground I can quickly get my bearings and find where I want to head.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I want this... sooo much. I'd probably just go through the universe fixing shitty system names. And all the Aethi claimed systems would get Aethi names... And... well, immersion. Bonus points if the "Entered system <blah blah>" message when crossing a system border was changed to also show the name of the system.