Bug Turret orientation and control reversal bug - v0.1421

Reaction score
    Turrets still have orientation issues. Turrets are rolled 180 degrees so the ship core is facing away from the docking block, and all controls are flipped. Move mouse left - turret swings right. Move mouse up - turret swings down. Logging in and out changes nothing. Re-docking doesn't fix it.

Vanilla server, multi client, multi player.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yea turrets are still screwed, the only fix is to redock them and then it breaks again pretty eaisly anyway.
    Theres another issue. Though not nearly as bad, but annoying, is that when i exit a turret its facing an odd angle (aka not where it was poining when i was in it).

Reaction score
    Yes this has been a continuing problem. The bug only seems to affect bottom turrets (I have not tested side mounted) Sometimes they will flip 180 degrees and reverse controls. Actually the controls aren't reversed there correct. Its the turrets alignment that's messed up. I'm still waiting for someone who knows something to let us know what the issue is. Anyway just know your not alone on this one.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    It is already known, and on the Buglist,
    there exact reasons this happens are not known, but there is a way to reproduce the behavior,
    so there will be a way to fix it.
    (May take some time, as the list is already a bit long xD, but new features and codechanges always cause bugs. So please be patient, a tempfix to repair a ship was provided here)

Just to make this 'proof' for the old site to go down:

AndyP said:
    This seems to happen,
    when you change the direction a turret is facing in any way and then switch out of it and in again.
    Easiest way to reproduce the bug is:
    - Enter in a turret
    - switch to flight mode
    - press and hold C until it will aling to sector but may have a wrong position for the docking port
    - while still holding C press R to exit the turret, the angle seems to be saved in that position
    This also happens on update/conversion of older blueprints. Since the saved orientation for the 'docking blocks' did change several times.
    To 'repair' it again you have to:
    - undock it
    - place and remove a single block below the core (to reset its angle)
    - redock
    instant fix :p
    Didnt have this bug while switching through a ships turret that had the turrets in a 'proper' position before.
    After repairing all turrets angles it should never break again on UP/DOWN switching.
    - Andy
    - Andy