Turret not working only shots ai main pirates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Turret not working only shots ai main pirates it will aim at players that are enimy and will shot but the shots are flying off to a fixed point in space even though the turret is aimed at the player. When i spawn in a pirate ship in the pirate faction it works fine but if i spawn in a costom ship with the pirate faction it follows it aims and shots but the shots are going to a different place.

Gyazo - 99f85602cfb84334446b42d0f2be06c0.jpg

The green turrets are shoting to the left even thogh there aiming to the pirates

The computer is in correctly and the rails are all lined up so they face the front of the ship and the bobby ai is active in turret mode to shoot any and remote is off

the turret moves fine and kills regular pirates perfectly

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Bump Please reply ill answer and questions i wanna solve this i even deleted the turret and spawned a new one and it still wont kill my freind in a at war faction are a spawned in ship that is set to pirate faction but it will still kill basic pirate ships that are spawned in under -1 faction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ive had this issue before.
    Have you tried running another install of Starmade and checking that your Javas up to date?
    Be good to ask support

Reactions: jaytime104

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    select fire at least has been shooting off at wierd angles for me, barrel alligned correctly, can fire in correct alignment on antimissile or remote control mode to confirm not just computer allignment issues.

point defence against missiles seems to fire correctly & successfully kill missiles for me

not tried 'any target turrets' since 2.0, can assume anti astro works still since select target turrets seem to have no problem against astronauts still either (just new ships & stations, like 2.0 ones)

lock on missiles are especially inaccurate against moving ships now, turret fired or not it seems

AI drones on 2.0 seem to work correctly (so long as they're not missile based for above reason)
    perhaps the 'any target' function on bobby is fine to use at the moment going by that, not counting its usual targetting issues

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ive had this issue before.
    Have you tried running another install of Starmade and checking that your Javas up to date?
    Be good to ask support
    Im still having the issue after uninstalling the game and reinstalling the game also java is up to date.
    [doublepost=1518016865,1518016681][/doublepost]
    I read this bug and if i understand it the differnce that im having is that my turrets are working fine when i fight regular basic pirates spawned in with -1 faction but when i spawn in any ship that iv made they fire off to a fixed point in space even tho the barrel is pointed at the target. I dont even see how the lassers are going there cuse you cant do that regularly the lassers go where ever u point them.
    [doublepost=1518018072][/doublepost]
    select fire at least has been shooting off at wierd angles for me, barrel alligned correctly, can fire in correct alignment on antimissile or remote control mode to confirm not just computer allignment issues.

point defence against missiles seems to fire correctly & successfully kill missiles for me

not tried 'any target turrets' since 2.0, can assume anti astro works still since select target turrets seem to have no problem against astronauts still either (just new ships & stations, like 2.0 ones)

lock on missiles are especially inaccurate against moving ships now, turret fired or not it seems

AI drones on 2.0 seem to work correctly (so long as they're not missile based for above reason)
    perhaps the 'any target' function on bobby is fine to use at the moment going by that, not counting its usual targetting issues
    All my point defence are working fine and all the ships that i turn pirate are working fine with all weapons. I even tryed geting my friend online and i put our factions at war my point defence worked and the two attact turrets worked in point defence mode but would not work if i put them on any target. The "funny thing is" I was able to kill him by using the turrets in point defence mode just becuse they would shot towards the ship lol.. I need a fix for this sence i want to be a roaming salvager and not really have a base i wanna just roam the galaxy and let my ships deffend them selves when im offline.

Reaction score
    For what it's worth, (and, it was probably mentioned already) I noticed that weapons are firing at weird angles based on the rotation of the computer they are linked to.

Example: On survival (I do most of my testing in survival, as I try looking at and suggesting balanced based on a single-player perspective), i rotated my cannon computer so that the blue graphic of it (what can be considered the "front" of it) was facing towards the center of my ship from one of the sides. Upon placing the cannons to shoot straight ahead, I discovered that their angle of fire was actually in the direction of the back of the cannon computer they were linked to (computer was placed on the left side of my ship, graphic facing right. Cannons were shooting left).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For what it's worth, (and, it was probably mentioned already) I noticed that weapons are firing at weird angles based on the rotation of the computer they are linked to.

Example: On survival (I do most of my testing in survival, as I try looking at and suggesting balanced based on a single-player perspective), i rotated my cannon computer so that the blue graphic of it (what can be considered the "front" of it) was facing towards the center of my ship from one of the sides. Upon placing the cannons to shoot straight ahead, I discovered that their angle of fire was actually in the direction of the back of the cannon computer they were linked to (computer was placed on the left side of my ship, graphic facing right. Cannons were shooting left).
    Yes this i belive is the way they want it to be so that you can control ur guns in defernt ways i have mine set up to fire forward.

Reaction score
    Yes this i belive is the way they want it to be so that you can control ur guns in defernt ways i have mine set up to fire forward.
    Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, it was implemented kind of shabby.

Having an option to control which direction the outputs fired in would have been better than having them automatically fire in a direction pre-determined by the rotation of the controlling computer module.

Endal

Ex Torpedo Researcher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, when you aim a weapon, you'd obviously want to look parallel to the output, so the computer screen rotation simulates that. Additionally, it's not really "pre-determined" in a sense of "fixed" since you can readily change the rotation of the computer when building your weapons.

Furthermore, having multiple output directions for each computer would confuse the hell out of the AI; a computer with a single direction other than "forward" already does.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, it was implemented kind of shabby.

Having an option to control which direction the outputs fired in would have been better than having them automatically fire in a direction pre-determined by the rotation of the controlling computer module.
    Yes Your so so so right but starmade is not a game where they do stuff in a good maner like they just add stuff and dont tell you how it works u just gota test it urself i feel like a tester everytime i load up the game most days i just try and fix my ship i dont even get to play cuse theres anew problem ever time
    [doublepost=1518207871,1518207769][/doublepost]
    I tryed but couldnt get my account to work could you please report it on there if not its ok somone will fix it one day :P