Turn off your Rail Docker

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    This is a relatively simple idea. It would be nice if we could use a logic block to turn on and off the docking block or blocks on our ships.
    That way we wouldn't need to worry about some one hijacking our ships with a core and a rail block, through our exposed rail dockers.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    This is a relatively simple idea. It would be nice if we could use a logic block to turn on and off the docking block or blocks on our ships.
    That way we wouldn't need to worry about some one hijacking our ships with a core and a rail block, through our exposed rail dockers.
    Simply create a logic mechanism that when activated moves into place of said docking ports, thus making docking impossible when it has moved over the port itself. Easy.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It is even easier.
    Any activation block (or button I think) next to a rail will put all connected rails to the state of this one block.

If you have 2 activators which toggle the rail reverse (facing to a block), it's impossible to dock.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Simply create a logic mechanism that when activated moves into place of said docking ports, thus making docking impossible when it has moved over the port itself. Easy.
    That only works for some ships. There are those that can't do it, for one reason or another.
    It is even easier.
    Any activation block (or button I think) next to a rail will put all connected rails to the state of this one block.

If you have 2 activators which toggle the rail reverse (facing to a block), it's impossible to dock.
    That works for rails. I don't think it works for rail dokers.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    [QUOTE="Spartan-228, post: 356732, member: 340833"There are those that can't do it, for one reason or another.[/QUOTE]
    Such as?

G

GDPR 302420

You could just place a 1/4 door or forcefield on your docker and enable it when you don't want people docking.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You could just place a 1/4 door or forcefield on your docker and enable it when you don't want people docking.
    That could actually work I guess. Normally force fields are a pain in the ass because they block docking beams even when off, but I suppose if they are on the entity trying to dock it wouldn't be a problem.