Trinova Technologies: Join Today! (NFD-Trident Industries merger)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hello people

IGN: Tomruler

Previous Builds: TIF Missile Corvette, TIF AI Heavy Destroyer, A roughly made Imperial Star Destroyer, HeartDrones Blue and Red, TIF Station Defense Drones
    (Pictures will be posted upon request)

Previous Factions: Synctron on the Stars of Arcadia Server (I really didn't like it, they tried to force strict ship guidelines and mandatory resource consolidation etc. The server lost most of it's people and I hopped. I was one of the last ones, other than Thomas Jetson), TIF (Tom Independent Faction) on the GenXNova Lazygamerz server (I did it for the mining bonus, a place to keep stuff safe etc. Still playing on that server)

Reasons For Joining: Since my last less than cheerful experience with a faction containing more than myself, I wanted to join something bigger, and be a part of a friendly, active and funny community.

Skype Name: tomruler

Thank you for reading my somewhat wordy application, and I hope you accept me
    (BTW, is your server the "[Whitelist] NFD Build Server?)
    Yup, they own the NFD Build Server

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am pleased to declare VICTORY over the Vaygr Empire, as they have announced that they are retreating from the Bitminery server.

End statistics:

Vaygr lost two scout ships, had a number of cruisers and titans damaged, lost six possibly more multi million block stations, and a number of 100k mass Vaygr turrets/ship parts were also destroyed hy Trinova operatives. Also, a number of ship blueprints were successfully captured.

Trinova had a scout damaged, and lost no ships or astronauts.

At the same time as the repeated assaults in which Trinova emerged the clear victor, two key Vaygr members were banned in a Trinova-backed investigation for impersonating a large number of players including a Trinova official and placing a large station over a player's homebase, resulting in heavy lag.

For details of the war, see previous news posts.

Reaction score
    I am pleased to declare VICTORY over the Vaygr Empire, as they have announced that they are retreating from the Bitminery server.

End statistics:

Vaygr lost two scout ships, had a number of cruisers and titans damaged, lost six possibly more multi million block stations, and a number of 100k mass Vaygr turrets/ship parts were also destroyed hy Trinova operatives. Also, a number of ship blueprints were successfully captured.

At the same time as the repeated assaults in which Trinova emerged the clear victor, two key Vaygr members were banned in a Trinova-backed investigation for impersonating a large number of players including a Trinova official and placing a large station over a player's homebase, resulting in heavy lag.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wait.. your not joking right now?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3

=SNIP=
    You clearly do not understand why we left, let me slowly explain it to you in a way kindergartens will understand.

- Mysteriously, all our blueprints became public (Hence why the Cyclops was available to you)
    - Mysteriously, our Tormentor Battleship's filled blueprint was at Spocklin's destroyed home base (WOT?, and this is straight from Spocklin's mouth)
    - The sectors of Spocklin becoming protected, even though it was clear he re-engaged in PVP
    - Zoro being suspended for the heinous crime of "Re-logging".
    - Zoro not being able to log in after said suspension for unknown reasons

Debris, your actions meant nothing on the grand scheme of things. What we lost, we can rebuild easily given our massive resource advantage. Considering TnT's only success were Warhead prods which can be returned to your inventory before you log off, you have no assets, and most certainly, no intention to fight Vaygr. Knowing full well whatever fleet Trinova can cobble up cannot even take on what... 2 Battle cruisers from the Vaygr?

Your intentions were simple, to harass and take advantage of the unique configs of Bitminery which required an established faction to have bases outside the station, while yours have no need.

Fighting you is not a problem for anybody, fighting an admin who is giving away our blueprints, or protecting sectors is. (Read the above few points, and you should figure it out, I have already dumbed everything down)

The actual, end results if we look at it this way is the following.

- Trinova had some successes on BitMinery, given the unique nature of the server
    - Yet those actions were not the decisive cause of victory. As neither your actions, nor Spocklin's drove us off. Our home base were not destroyed by you, and our fleet remains practically intact.
    - We are not staying to fight administrators

If we use your logic, we can say "British Borneo's decisive actions won WWII" while completely ignoring the actions of the US, UK, or USSR. The "victory" lies squarely with ErthParadine, not you.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    My reaction

I can understand that we were defeated by your terrorist attacks. But victory because we leave a server for a very valid cause that has nothing to even do with your faction...u serious m8?

Reactions: Mordrin

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    The actual, end results if we look at it this way is the following.
    our fleet remains practically intact.
    The "victory" lies squarely with ErthParadine, not you.
    I would say that last quote shows a misunderstanding on the side of Vaygr in this case. You might consider it not over, but at this very moment you have suffered a lot more damage from Trinova than they have from you, which at present, puts them at an advantage.
    While I shall not say I have the same experiences as you as both FlyingDebris and Mortiferum are more experienced than me at war, in war there tends to be 'a conclusion'. In this case, Vaygr are leaving, however in doing so are pulling out of conflict with Trinova. As they are pulling out of the conflict and Trinova remain, rationally speaking, Trinova has won. In regards to damage, Mortiferum is very correct in pointing out that the server settings of compulsory land use was a factor, however I must also say that there will always be guerrilla movements and terrorist movements against empires.

Vaygr Empire and Raiders are pulling the plug on all operations on Bitminery
    That unfortunately does make your argument of your base and fleet remaining not very valid. Regardless of whether you have these assets, by removing your presence, in theory you are withdrawing (not necessarily the case hence 'in theory').

My reaction

I can understand that we were defeated by your terrorist attacks. But victory because we leave a server for a very valid cause that has nothing to even do with your faction...u serious m8?
    I'm afraid you have just backtracked there.
    Defeat Definition: win a victory over (someone) in a battle or other contest; overcome or beat.
    Hence if you were defeated by their terrorist attacks, then you are saying they have won.

Whether or not the over-encompassing war is won or not is clearly debatable as Vaygr are not dead, they are just leaving the server and can continue the fight elsewhere.

I would give a balanced argument, but I don't have the details, only what I see on the forums. This is why I am making some of these points. In the meantime, if you want a third person view on something you can contact me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I would say that last quote shows a misunderstanding on the side of Vaygr in this case. You might consider it not over, but at this very moment you have suffered a lot more damage from Trinova than they have from you, which at present, puts them at an advantage.
    While I shall not say I have the same experiences as you as both FlyingDebris and Mortiferum are more experienced than me at war, in war there tends to be 'a conclusion'. In this case, Vaygr are leaving, however in doing so are pulling out of conflict with Trinova. As they are pulling out of the conflict and Trinova remain, rationally speaking, Trinova has won. In regards to damage, Mortiferum is very correct in pointing out that the server settings of compulsory land use was a factor, however I must also say that there will always be guerrilla movements and terrorist movements against empires.
    Yes and no.

For that reason, Debris is attributed with his battlefield success, BUT, he does not constitute the reason in which we left. He succeeded in damaging our assets, but circumstances outside the chain of causation caused the actual "withdrawal" to say.

If he drove us off the server with his ships, destroyed our home base, etc, then yep, victory for Debris. Victory in few set piece battles does not constitute victory in the overall "war". If we apply your logic, Italy (Vaygr) lost WWII because Greece (TnT) dealt significant damage to it, while completely ignoring you know...... Britain and US in Sicily (Admins)....

Fighting in SM is fun, dealing with our BPs mysteriously becoming public isn't. Having a FULLY FILLED BP appearing outside someone's home base is outright insulting to any faction. HAVING THE LEADER BANNED FOR "RELOGGING" IS ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS. What we will fight.

- Debris
    - Anyone
    - Planets

What we will not fight

- Server admins
    - Admin Commands

My final quote showed a clear understanding of the circumstances, more so than you could understand. A battle against administrators (AND commands) are one which we have no interest in. We left Shattered Skies after we found out our blueprints were stolen by the admins, and we will leave BitMinery after having reasonable suspicion.

PS: Lets not litter Debris' thread any further, and I think you should stop meddling in any affairs that doesn't directly involve you. This will be between TnT and Vaygr, having OOB sticking it's head in again is unwanted, unnecessary, and detrimental to accomplishing anything and everything.

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Actually I think Bogdan had a relevant response, and he stated the issue and arguments quite adequately. Regardless of the reason leaving, Trinova has caused VASTLY more damage to the Vaygr assets on bitminery than vice versa. The methods involved are irrelevant, especially as you declared victory over Furon when you stole a username to defaction a homebase.

Long story short, deal with it. Vaygr lost on Bitminery.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Actually I think Bogdan had a relevant response, and he stated the issue and arguments quite adequately. Regardless of the reason leaving, Trinova has caused VASTLY more damage to the Vaygr assets on bitminery than vice versa. The methods involved are irrelevant, especially as you declared victory over Furon when you stole a username to defaction a homebase.

Have you guys ever actually had a legitimate honourable battle?

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Is this a Vaygr retreat?
    It's kinda like the US pulling out of Vietnam because of unfamiliar and disadvantageous terrain and conditions, nevertheless a retreat.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3

Ever heard of the saying "Won the battle and lost the war"?

This case is very similar, except you "Won the battle, and no one wins the war", because a third party beyond our control caused us to leave.

We would be more than happy to continue the fight, but then our blueprints mysteriously became public, a filled tormentor blueprint mysteriously appeared in front of Spocklin, and a ban for relogging was introduced. You can claim whatever you wish if it helps your ego, but regardless of what you think, there is a counter argument as you had no part in "driving us off the server".

The only thing you can claim, is victory over the Vaygr in 3 separate "raids", which you did, and we will not argue on that point.

What you cannot claim, is that you beat us on BitMinery as a whole, since.... ErthParadine >>>> TnT in terms of rage causing power. If you wanted to beat us, there are still other servers Vaygr are on:

- Brierie
    - Soon LvD?
    - EE 2.0 as well, soon? I think they said the server is ready, they just need to find host?

[DOUBLEPOST=1466693112,1466693063][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Is this a Vaygr retreat?
    It's kinda like the US pulling out of Vietnam because of unfamiliar and disadvantageous terrain and conditions, nevertheless a retreat.
    Yeah, the only difference between US pulling out of Vietnam and us leaving Brierie is that the US did not have 3000 M60 tanks, and half it's air force stolen by god and placed in front of Hanoi alongside the blueprints of the B-52, M-60, M-48, Sheridan, F-14, Phantom, etc.

Leaving due to enemy action is one thing (so if we left after we lost our stations, and ONLY due to those losses, TnT won), leaving due to a CREDIBLE god wanting to smite you (Admins) is yet another.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466693666][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nope, warhead prodding only.

FD used a warhead to prod our stations, he have no assets he cannot store in his inventory, and by that extension, nothing we can destroy apart from a jump stick. A battle which he won was between myself and him where he managed to overheat my unarmored cloaker with the prod, and it was actually pretty impressive and I said "GJ and well played" to him, on the spot.

Since we assumed that the goal of the server is to take and hold points, we built defense stations. Instead, the point isn't to take and hold ground like all empires do, it is just, according to paradine, "just build 2 block stations then", and have some one night stand with some girl... while drunk, and wake up and find new places to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

End statistics:

Debris, I hate to tell you this, but you're being a dumbass. This is like if Odium declared victory over Thryn after we left GenX because of our disagreements with Bobby.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466694022,1466693780][/DOUBLEPOST]
    - EE 2.0 as well, soon? I think they said the server is ready, they just need to find host?
    EE 2 is out, actually. It's just in "beta" or something?

Reactions: TwoNiner
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    EE 2 is out, actually. It's just in "beta" or something?
    Ya, server is currently hosted on crap net, Nuclear said he gotta find somewhere to host it I think. The banner is literally duct tape with EE 2.0 written on it :D

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Trinova broke a bunch of Vaygr shit. Vaygr defended, and failed to break any Trinova shit. Vaygr left the server.

Lecic, this is less like thryn on GenX where you had a large fleet beforehand and more like when Thryn/Trinova engaged 1st MEF. Large amounts of ships stolen or destroyed within a few days of joining the server using limited resources, advancing to engaging them with their own ships out of convenience, before MEF/Vaygr left the server not long after due to issues with the admins. You had no issue calling it a victory when it was against MEF, so why the change of heart?

Blobs, I engaged a number of Vaygr members on Bitminery using scout ships and ships I stole from them.

As to any assets I have, I've got them stored in a sector near spawn and will be assembling a proper fleet soon as I now have the resources to due to torching a number of Vaygr entities during combat ops.

Reaction score
    When it gets to the point where Lecic (a player who was hostile to Vaygr and Odium) disagrees with you, you should just give up.

You're clearly starved for a victory to the point where you would declare admin bullshit a victory.

Seriously, just give up.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Lecic, this is less like thryn on GenX where you had a large fleet beforehand and more like when Thryn/Trinova engaged 1st MEF. Large amounts of ships stolen or destroyed within a few days of joining the server using limited resources, advancing to engaging them with their own ships out of convenience, before MEF/Vaygr left the server not long after due to issues with the admins. You had no issue calling it a victory when it was against MEF, so why the change of heart?
    If by "issues with the admins" you mean "the entire server got shut down," then sure.

Reaction score

That unfortunately does make your argument of your base and fleet remaining not very valid. Regardless of whether you have these assets, by removing your presence, in theory you are withdrawing (not necessarily the case hence 'in theory').

I'm afraid you have just backtracked there.
    Defeat Definition: win a victory over (someone) in a battle or other contest; overcome or beat.
    Hence if you were defeated by their terrorist attacks, then you are saying they have won.

Whether or not the over-encompassing war is won or not is clearly debatable as Vaygr are not dead, they are just leaving the server and can continue the fight elsewhere.

I would give a balanced argument, but I don't have the details, only what I see on the forums. This is why I am making some of these points. In the meantime, if you want a third person view on something you can contact me.
    No look. We got defeated at one point by terrorist attack, and I personally accept that. GG. What is making me cringe is the fact that we leave the server and flyingdebris is using that as an excuse to claim victory.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Trinova broke a bunch of Vaygr shit. Vaygr defended, and failed to break any Trinova shit. Vaygr left the server.
    Forgot some stuff in the middle.

After "Vaygr failed to break any Trinova shit", insert "Blueprints mysteriously becoming public, Tormentor blueprint filled and outside Spocklin's destroyed home base, Zoro banned for relogging AND Zoro no longer able to even log in (possible ISP block? Dunno?)". THEN Vaygr left.

There is difference between that and what you are saying. And I will repeat my previous statement.

- We left not because of your action or inaction.
    - We left solely due to admin actions.
    - You had won 3 battles (the prodding)
    - Yet the winner of the war on BitMinery is not you, it is Paradine if there must be a winner
    - We will fight anyone and everyone, except mod gods with commands.

This is not tennis, it is not best of x number of sets. Everything needs to be "casually linked" so to say without the intervention of, in this case, a near divine third entity (admin).

Reaction score
    This is something I find hillarious. No, we haven't! I personally checked in with Zoro as he has much more experience than me and the last time Vaygr had an "honourable" or even just a regular ship to ship battle with DFN/NFD/TNT was back in 2013 on the nasszone server. From then up until now it has just been flamewars/griefing.

Also flyingdebris if you want to have a ship to ship fight we can have one on brierie server. We have a lot of stuff there so we'd leave it up to you to decide on a mass limit if it were to go down. Just a thought.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Its only a victory in a war when the enemy says they are defeated, disbanded, or is utterly broken up by your doing. Which is why wars on SM are the hardest to win, but they are winnable if you fight on many levels. One cannot simply declare victory because a faction broke a bunch of shit. You did not kill anyone. I agree with lecic as well. I would suggest that ML members not feed the fire as it serves no real purpose. FD will think what ever he thinks. The perception of a win is more important that how it is really fought.